It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:52 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: E3 Predictions
Post #1 Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 9:56 am 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 183
Was liked: 100
Universal go server handle: hailthorn
So, it's that time of the year again. It's a Gamer's holiday. It's e3! I remember when I first heard of this event some....6-7 years ago? My uncles told me about it, but I never actually started watching it until about two E3's ago when Nintendo totally bombed with their casual gamer-aimed performance. -_-;; (And yes, I am quite possibly one of the biggest Nintendo fanboys you'll ever meet. Just so you know a bit more about me.)

Anyway, it's almost time for E3 2011! Personally, I can't wait to see this Project Café Nintendo has announced they are going to unveil at E3. There are a few rumored specifications, but that's it. There's supposed to be a 6 inch screen built into the controller and it's supposed to have HD graphics.

Here's some of my predictions:

1. Dragon Quest X (FINALLY!!)
Let me begin by saying I just introduced myself to Dragon Quest around December, and I've been hooked on the series ever since. I've played 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 9 so far. It's a lovely traditional RPG series. And I can't wait for Dragon Quest X to hit shelves because I'm sure that will be great, too. It's supposed to be for the Wii. So I expect it will sell like hotcakes. Especially in Japan where the series is immensely popular.

2. Something Mario for the 3DS
You want to know why the 3DS has stalled? No Mario. Mario can drive the sales of a console with ease. I'm just not entirely sure what type it will be. Will it be the Paper Mario sequel? Will it be the Mario Kart game? Or will it be the game that was announced at GDC?

3. Final Fantasy 60000 (jk)
I love the Final Fantasy series. It's always been my favorite RPG series out of them all and for the longest time it ruined other RPGs for me with its brilliance. However, I'll be the first to say everything after Final Fantasy X seemed dull and uninteresting. Final Fantasy XIII showed promise (Lightning reminds me of Cloud) but it had quite a few things I disliked about it. Hopefully Final Fantasy XIII-2 will go back to the series' roots for some things.

And finally....my boldest prediction of all...

4. Kingdom Hearts 3
Why is this the boldest prediction? The reason is I have heard absolutely nothing about it thus far. This is also another series I'm crazy about. Unfortunately I haven't really gotten to play Birth By Sleep yet because I lack a PSP, but this series has by far one of my favorite stories. I love the mesh-up of Final Fantasy and Disney. It's totally ingenious.

Do any of y'all have predictions?

Post subject: Re: E3 Predictions
Post #2 Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 1:47 pm 
Lives in sente

I guess not... <<

Post #3 Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 2:20 pm 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 124
Was liked: 46
I'm most excited about the nintendo stuff too. Cafe definitely, but also more 3DS games. I'd also love to see an update on what's going on with skyward sword. As much as I love some things about the Wii, I really feel like it's been abandoned for the past year.

Post #4 Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 2:26 pm 
Lives in sente

Jedo wrote:
I'm most excited about the nintendo stuff too. Cafe definitely, but also more 3DS games. I'd also love to see an update on what's going on with skyward sword. As much as I love some things about the Wii, I really feel like it's been abandoned for the past year.

They just had a trailer posted for Skyward Sword. I found it on Kotaku.

Edit:
Here's the link if you're curious.

http://kotaku.com/5798327/the-legend-of-zelda-skyward-sword-theme-has-an-amazing-easter-egg

Last edited by hailthorn011 on Tue May 10, 2011 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post #5 Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 2:30 pm 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 28
Was liked: 65
KGS: Numsgil
I predict I will be there for at least one day (hope to get my pass in the mail soon) and that all other predictions violate NDA (saying that might even violate NDA :P)

Last year was big, but my favorite showing was Crazy Taxi playing on the Xbox 360. I'm sort of boring, lol.

They were playing a X-Com trailer last year. Hope they will have a playable this year.

Also booth babes. It's really surreal if you go in person.

Post #6 Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 2:35 pm 
Lives in sente

Numsgil wrote:
I predict I will be there for at least one day (hope to get my pass in the mail soon) and that all other predictions violate NDA (saying that might even violate NDA :P)

Last year was big, but my favorite showing was Crazy Taxi playing on the Xbox 360. I'm sort of boring, lol.

They were playing a X-Com trailer last year. Hope they will have a playable this year.

Also booth babes. It's really surreal if you go in person.

lol interesting take. I remember playing Crazy Taxi on the Dreamcast. Awesome game. And awesome console.

Post #7 Posted: Tue May 10, 2011 2:56 pm 
Gosei

Liked others: 546
Was liked: 173
GD Posts: 264
KGS: Chew
I want a 3ds Advance Wars. Ghost Recon is no substitute to scratch the itch, as it's Laser Squad Nemesis, which is hardly the same thing.

Post #8 Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 2:36 pm 
Lives in sente

Chew Terr wrote:
I want a 3ds Advance Wars. Ghost Recon is no substitute to scratch the itch, as it's Laser Squad Nemesis, which is hardly the same thing.

Do you also play Fire Emblem?

Post #9 Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 3:10 pm 
Gosei

Liked others: 546
Was liked: 173
GD Posts: 264
KGS: Chew
hailthorn011 wrote:
Chew Terr wrote:

I played both of the GBA ones, though I haven't gotten around to the wii ones. I started the DS one, but didn't really give it a fair shake, since I believe it was a remake of an earlier one in the series, and therefore had less complexity added to the system. I should give it another shot, or try one of the wii ones though.

Post #10 Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 3:15 pm 
Lives in sente

Chew Terr wrote:
hailthorn011 wrote:
Chew Terr wrote:

I played both of the GBA ones, though I haven't gotten around to the wii ones. I started the DS one, but didn't really give it a fair shake, since I believe it was a remake of an earlier one in the series, and therefore had less complexity added to the system. I should give it another shot, or try one of the wii ones though.

I've only played one of them so far, and I thought it was great. Advance Wars is great too. Intelligent Systems really knows how to make Strategy games.

Then again, they're the ONLY strategy games I've played.

Post #11 Posted: Thu May 12, 2011 7:07 pm 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 246
Was liked: 79
KGS: Krill
OGS: Krill
Chew Terr wrote:
I want a 3ds Advance Wars.

This, times a thousand. It is the possible announcement I am most psyched for. I'd hope for some gameplay footage of Tribes: Ascend, but somehow I'm doubting it will happen.