It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:28 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
 Post subject: Re: Announcing GoReviewPartner - v0.11.2 (with Live Analysis
Post #261 Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:38 am 
Tengen

Liked others: 238
Was liked: 2443
KGS: Uberdude 4d
OGS: Uberdude 7d
Thanks!

pnprog wrote:
One question: What is "Bot Choice"? Is that the rank of the player's move among all Leela's proposed moves?

Yes.

That's a good point about the winrate changing with extra playouts after playing it, Ales noted that in his spreadsheet.

pnprog wrote:
One last precision, GRP does not rank Leela's moves based on probabilities, the moves have the same ranks as provided by Leela. So low ranked moves could have higher win rate than Leela's top move. The alphabetical order used by GRP truly reflects Leela's best moves order. I guess we are all ok with that?

Yup, it's good to be clear.

Post #262 Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:24 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 22
Was liked: 91
Hi!

For those interested, I implemented the tool to convert RSGF data into CSV files. I put the details on this other thread. It provides an example of batch file for windows that can be used to perform analysis of SGF file in batch, so you could be interested.

If this sort of analysis becomes popular, I will make it a standard feature of GRP :)

I will take this opportunity to give some news regarding GRP.

Around 2 months ago, I received a Chinese translations for GRP. I was really enthusiastic and added it right away into GRP. Then quickly, I was faced with ton's of issues regarding running GRP on native chinese+windows computers. Those errors appeared when trying to deal with Asian characters in SGF files, file names, interface, everywhere... I did not faced such issues when adding the Korean translation (nor the French or German) while they are complex characters encoding as well. And it was hard for me to troubleshoot them.

The Unicode Pandora box had just been opened, and it took me 2 months of work (and plenty of white hairs) until I was able to finally close it. But that was a good thing in the end, as I am now confident GRP will run properly on all sort of computers across the world. It seems GRP is the only software left in its category that can run on WindowsXP (yes, there are people running LeelaZero on Windows XP or Windows 2003). Admittedly, beside Lizzie and Sabaki-Leela, there are not many softwares in that category to start with :) But I would not be surprised if there are still plenty of WinXp computers in use in many Asian children Go schools, or Go clubs.

Now that is issue is solved, I resumed the development, and I will try to release the next version this month.

This post by pnprog was liked by 3 people: Bill Spight, ez4u, sleepyEDB

Post #263 Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:29 am 
Beginner

Liked others: 7
Was liked: 3
WOW,

Can't believe I just discovered this. I just wanted to say thank you for all the time you have spent on this. The design is simple and effective. Love the hover variations and the color coding for win rate. Dual view is also new to me. I can not offer much but is there a way to send a few $ your way as compensation? It won't be much but I think it is deserved.

I will PM you

Thanks.

Post #264 Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:59 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 22
Was liked: 91
harumi wrote:
WOW,

Can't believe I just discovered this. I just wanted to say thank you for all the time you have spent on this. The design is simple and effective. Love the hover variations and the color coding for win rate. Dual view is also new to me. I can not offer much but is there a way to send a few $ your way as compensation? It won't be much but I think it is deserved.

I will PM you

Thanks.
Haha, thanks for the proposal :)
Other users have proposed to donate as well, but it's not necessary: I am quite enjoying myself working on GRP at the moment, all of this is quite rewarding already :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14