It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:40 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Announcing GoReviewPartner - v0.11.2 (with Live Analysis
Post #241 Posted: Thu May 10, 2018 3:17 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 47
Was liked: 21
New Ray is out which is ladder-conscious. It uses elf network with human added ladder knowledge. Someone on reddit said that the new Ray is beating LZ 100% because of no ladder weakness.
https://github.com/zakki/Ray/releases

But for some reason, GRP doesn't work with this ray. Is it just me?

Post #242 Posted: Fri May 11, 2018 9:44 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 186
Was liked: 191
johnsmith wrote:
But for some reason, GRP doesn't work with this ray. Is it just me?

Are you running the RLO version? If so, it has a different GTP name, "RLO", instead of "Rayon." I made these changes to ray_analysis.py just as a workaround, although this is not a formal fix. (Just change Rayon to RLO everywhere.)

diff --git a/ray_analysis.py b/ray_analysis.py
index d4a3a46..aa3adbf 100644
--- a/ray_analysis.py
+++ b/ray_analysis.py
@@ -132,7 +132,7 @@ class RayAnalysis():
return ray

def ray_starting_procedure(sgf_g,profile="slow",silentfail=False):
- return bot_starting_procedure("Ray","Rayon",Ray_gtp,sgf_g,profile,silentfail)
+ return bot_starting_procedure("Ray","RLO",Ray_gtp,sgf_g,profile,silentfail)

class RunAnalysis(RayAnalysis,RunAnalysisBase):
@@ -305,7 +305,7 @@ class RayOpenMove(BotOpenMove):

Ray={}
Ray['name']="Ray"
-Ray['gtp_name']="Rayon"
+Ray['gtp_name']="RLO"
Ray['analysis']=RayAnalysis
Ray['openmove']=RayOpenMove
Ray['settings']=RaySettings

Post #243 Posted: Fri May 11, 2018 12:43 pm 
Lives with ko

Calvin Clark wrote:
Just change Rayon to RLO everywhere.
Awesome, it works!

Post #244 Posted: Sat May 19, 2018 5:39 am 
Lives with ko

Baduk1 channel from youtube made a nice analysis of the most recent Lee Sedol game using Elf engine with a lot of playouts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yZjtJu2lM0
And here's the sgf: http://eidogo.com/#1fo7mSKKW
I wanted to analyze this game myself, but baduk1 did it first :)

Besides a beautiful game, one thing to notice is that baduk1 channel used GRP v10. I don't know why he used v10, but I also prefer v10 because the winrate is shown for every move in this format B%/W%. And no need to scroll to see all comments for every move.

Edit: some more.
https://youtu.be/EvbM8kUEsRI
http://eidogo.com/#vnfyKPNS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IseK4Bh1LDk
http://eidogo.com/#ymzstdin

Post #245 Posted: Wed May 23, 2018 6:35 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 94
Was liked: 153
MikeKyle wrote:
Thank you so much for all your work on this brilliant program.

I'd like to second dontbtme's last post: it would be really brilliant to do all the analysis, but then be able to choose the depth of review when you actually start the reviewing. Sometimes I want to see all the interesting sequences the AI would expect in my games but at other times I just want to concentrate on understanding my big mistakes. To have everything stored but then be able to filter it to a set number of variations or a certain mistake threshold would be really ideal.
I basically agree, I need some time to think over this, and come up with a good solution (something simple).

Quote:
To volunteer a more tame idea - would it be possible to allow batch analysis of a few sgf files? I guess the file picker could just allow you to pick more than one file and then it would queue up the files for processing?
For the moment, this option is available when running GRP with python, it can be scripted in a BAT file (windows) or bash file (Linux/MacOs). I know running it from command line is not ideal :(

Post #246 Posted: Wed May 23, 2018 6:39 am 
Lives with ko

johnsmith wrote:
New Ray is out which is ladder-conscious.
It's good to see this project active again!

Calvin Clark wrote:
Are you running the RLO version? If so, it has a different GTP name, "RLO", instead of "Rayon." I made these changes to ray_analysis.py just as a workaround, although this is not a formal fix. (Just change Rayon to RLO everywhere.)

Wow, that's cool! I have been busy those past two weeks, so I have many things to catch up. If it works for you, could you send a pull request on the github project? I will gladly accept it. I guess future version of Ray will all be name RLO anyway, and it's better to support the latest version anyway.

Post #247 Posted: Wed May 23, 2018 6:57 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 46
Was liked: 116
johnsmith wrote:
I also prefer v10 because the winrate is shown for every move in this format B%/W%. And no need to scroll to see all comments for every move.
Yeah, the text boxes could stand to be a little taller so you can read everything without scrolling. That's a change I made locally after unsuccessfully trying to get the Tk layout engine to resize them automatically.

Post #248 Posted: Wed May 23, 2018 7:01 am 
Lives with ko

johnsmith wrote:
Baduk1 channel from youtube made a nice analysis of the most recent Lee Sedol game using Elf engine with a lot of playouts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yZjtJu2lM0
And here's the sgf: http://eidogo.com/#1fo7mSKKW
I wanted to analyze this game myself, but baduk1 did it first :)

Very nice video, thanks for the share! It's fun, I started noticing mentions of GRP in many places :)
One such mention of GRP was on this Taiwan blog: http://www.kenming.idv.tw/let-go-ai_as_the-go-review-partner/

Quote:
Besides a beautiful game, one thing to notice is that baduk1 channel used GRP v10. I don't know why he used v10, but I also prefer v10 because the winrate is shown for every move in this format B%/W%. And no need to scroll to see all comments for every move.

Yes, I also miss that info. I will find a way to put it back in the UI.

Regarding the UI: I received a lot of help to improve the UI last months. It's still in development, but the current UI looks like this:
Attachment:
screenshot1.png
screenshot1.png [ 61.26 KiB | Viewed 13692 times ]

So there is only one comment box now, on the right side. By default, it shows the comments that were used in the left side box. And when a variation is displayed, the comment then show the variation data. Those comments are very verbose, and are intended for users that don't have much experience with bots, GRP and all that AI vocabulary.

Attachment:
screenshot2.png
screenshot2.png [ 61.94 KiB | Viewed 13692 times ]

Then, it's possible to replace those comments by the table. It's still work in progress, but the idea is that the table is for more experienced users, sort of "hardcore gamers". They are the same info, but will be condensed a lot, and not verbose at all. But all infos are available at a glance.

Attachment:
screenshot3.png
screenshot3.png [ 68.4 KiB | Viewed 13692 times ]

The size of both gobans and the comments/table panel can be adjusted horizontally (and GRP can be resized vertically) at your convenience, to the point that you can make the left goban (or the right one) totally invisible.

The current development version is very buggy, so maybe don't try it at the moment. I received support (and a new translation) from one Chinese user, and he help me find plenty of encoding issues when working with SGF files that have eastern encoding. I have still a lot of work to do to make it work properly.

This post by pnprog was liked by: sleepyEDB

Post #249 Posted: Wed May 23, 2018 7:33 am 
Lives with ko

pnprog wrote:
Very nice video, thanks for the share! It's fun, I started noticing mentions of GRP in many places :)
Well, it's very well deserved and useful.;)

pnprog wrote:
Those comments are very verbose, and are intended for users that don't have much experience with bots, GRP and all that AI vocabulary.
Totally agree on this. I prefer "hardcore gamer" layout myself as a 6d, because it's very neat and you can glance at all the necessary data quickly and efficiently. But then there would be lots of guys asking what everything means, which may turn away some people. So a switch button seems ideal, or text explanation underneath just like in Lizzie? :D

pnprog wrote:
The size of both gobans and the comments/table panel can be adjusted horizontally (and GRP can be resized vertically) at your convenience, to the point that you can make the left goban (or the right one) totally invisible.
Nice idea, since that way you can satisfy both one-screeners and two-screeners. :clap: :roll: :geek: and B%/W% format can maybe be satisfied with one extra column to the table on the last screenshot? Just an idea...

Can I suggest a tiny-small-little change? I originally suggested a yellow bar somewhere in this thread, but as I'm a nightly owl, I usually have f.lux turned on all the time, and have problem seeing the yellow_bar. I myself can change it in dual_view.py (to something like this color #F39C12 for example), but maybe some people would like a darker color instead and don't know how to do it.

Great work as always, thx!

Post #250 Posted: Wed May 23, 2018 7:58 am 
Gosei

Liked others: 886
Was liked: 527
GD Posts: 61
KGS: dfan
johnsmith wrote:
Can I suggest a tiny-small-little change? I originally suggested a yellow bar somewhere in this thread, but as I'm a nightly owl, I usually have f.lux turned on all the time, and have problem seeing the yellow_bar. I myself can change it in dual_view.py (to something like this color #F39C12 for example), but maybe some people would like a darker color instead and don't know how to do it.

Yes please! This affects me as well.

Post #251 Posted: Wed May 30, 2018 8:43 am 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 52
Was liked: 6
OGS: sleepyEDB
Really liking that new UI, can't wait! :tmbup:

Quick question and my apologies if it's been asked before: I'm noticing that GRP with Leela is using what I would consider a low number of playouts for each of the top recommended moves in a 19x19 game:

Attachment:
GRP_Playouts.png
GRP_Playouts.png [ 7.94 KiB | Viewed 13601 times ]

I've seen that number go as high as 15K but most are around 5K. I could very well be mistaken, but aren't they supposed to be around 100K; or is that for all variations combined? The settings I used to run the SGF analysis are below for reference.

Attachment:
GRP_Analysis_Settings.png
GRP_Analysis_Settings.png [ 10.68 KiB | Viewed 13601 times ]

Thanks,

sleepy

Post #252 Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:45 pm 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 49
Was liked: 36
KGS: MKyle
pnprog wrote:
Quote:
To volunteer a more tame idea - would it be possible to allow batch analysis of a few sgf files? I guess the file picker could just allow you to pick more than one file and then it would queue up the files for processing?
For the moment, this option is available when running GRP with python, it can be scripted in a BAT file (windows) or bash file (Linux/MacOs). I know running it from command line is not ideal :(

I actually think this BAT file idea would allow me to do some really fun stuff. I'd be really interested to use GRP this way.

However, so far I'm getting errors when I try to run at the command line:
Code:
C:\Users\mikek\Downloads\goreviewpartner-master>python leela_zero_analysis.py 2018-04-11d.sgf
GRP path: C:\Users\mikek\Downloads\goreviewpartner-master
Config file: C:\Users\mikek\Downloads\goreviewpartner-master\config.ini
Checking availability of config file
Reading language setting from config file
No language setting in the config file
System language detection:
System language: en (en_GB)
There is a translation available for lang=en
Saving the lang parameter in config.ini
Could not import the WX GUI library, please double check it is installed:
No module named wx
=> No problem, falling back to tkFileDialog
the sgf has no declared encoding, we will enforce UTF-8 encoding
Variation: 1
Moves for this variation: 294
Range: all
Color: both
Komi: 3.75
Profil: slow
Adding new popup
Totally 1 popups
File to analyse: 2018-04-11d.sgf
Could not open the SGF file 2
=> 2 No such file or directory
converting GRPException error message from unicode to str
Leaving follow_anlysis()
ERROR: Analysis aborted:

Could not open the RSGF file: 2
No such file or directory
Adding new popup
Totally 2 popups
Batch analysis failed
RunAnalysis instance has no attribute 'completed'

The stats about my sgf file give me hope that the script is basically finding the file and starting to work, but then the sgf path seems to be cut down to one character long and GRP fails to find it the second time?
Could you offer any advice?

Post #253 Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 9:25 pm 
Lives with ko

MikeKyle wrote:
The stats about my sgf file give me hope that the script is basically finding the file and starting to work, but then the sgf path seems to be cut down to one character long and GRP fails to find it the second time?
Could you offer any advice?

My bad, 2 days ago, I made a modification in order to be able to resume an interrupted analysis (or perform a new analysis pass on a subset of moves), it's working well with the GUI, but did not try it with the command line, I guess that's the reason for the issue. I will fix that today.

Post #254 Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:00 am 
Lives with ko

me wrote:
I will fix that today.
I just fixed it, please have a try.

For now, the feature to stop/resume the analysis is not available in batch mode.

Post #255 Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:50 am 
Lives with ko

pnprog wrote:
I just fixed it, please have a try.

This is working wonderfully, and I'm having fun with it!

Also really like the new review gui. Thank you for all your hard work.

Post #256 Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:57 pm 
Lives with ko

I've been really enjoying using GRP in a slightly alternative way to look at what AI thinks about popular human moves.

It's no good looking at a move in just one circumstance as bots are really good at whole board thinking and game management so the choice of moves might be based on the specific circumstances. Automating GRP on the command line has helped me to review a large set of human pro games and pick out the moves I'm interested in to see what the bot thinks in each case.

A really usefull feature for this has been the ability to use GRP at the command line with a line like this:
Code:
python leela_zero_analysis.py --range="21" mygame.sgf

The range parameter allows me to specify a range of moves for GRP to analyse, or in my case one specific move. Using this I can:

• Use Smart go for windows to patern search for the move I'm interested in in the gogod database and export a list of all the relevant games and the move numbers where the patern search finds it's match
  • Make a little script to turn this list into a list of command line statements like the one above (I actually just used excell this time)
  • Put these statements in a .bat file and run. GRP runs through each game skipping straing to the interesting move.
  • Check out what the bot thinks without having to wait at each move! I also found r2sgf.py useful to convert to sgf so that I could quickly check through the games in SmartGo.

Not really the core intended use for GRP but I'm finding it really useful. Maybe other's can find interesting things with these great tools?

This post by MikeKyle was liked by: ez4u

Post #257 Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:47 pm 
Oza

Liked others: 2337
Was liked: 1332
KGS: ez4u
Too complex for me at the moment but very impressive innovation in the use of an already great tool! :clap:

Post #258 Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:38 am 
Judan

Liked others: 436
Was liked: 3719
KGS: Uberdude 4d
OGS: Uberdude 7d
Hi pnprog,

I've also been using GRP in a non-intended way, to analyse games for bot-similarity and how many and how large mistakes the players make. Basically what I want is how much winrate vs bot's #1 move does the played human move lose (or rarely gain). At the moment this is a bit of a pain to get as:
- #1 you need to go 1-by-1 through each move, transcribing to your spreadsheet
- #2 you need to scroll down the textbox to see the win probabilities (I see you've addressed this in dev version)

This info is basically the raw data behind the win rate delta graph, so if you could somehow dump out the data for the whole game as text/file somewhere that'd be super useful, e.g. a CSV (I added a few bonus columns) like
Quote:
Move number,Colour,Bot move,Bot winrate,Game move,Game winrate,Bot choice,Policy prob
20,W,h17,54.23,j17,53.5,2,5.12
21,B,h18,46.5,h18,46.5,1,45.32

Thanks.

(I have just realised that using absolute loss of percentage winrate is not such a good idea for measuring size of mistake : if you are 50% and drop 1% to 49%, that's not such a bad mistake as being at 15% and dropping to 14%, better to say the former is 1/50 = 2% relative loss of winrate and later is 1/15 = 7% loss of relative winrate).

Edit:
<mod>
I moved the posts about winrate deltas etc to a new thread so we don't distract from Go Review Partner too much.
</mod>

Post #259 Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:08 am 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 31
Was liked: 55
I would also like to acknowledge that the author of GRP has been working on providing me exactly what uberdude asked for, a parser from rsgf to csv files that suits my type of analysis. Just today I am going to try out a hopefully final version of it that should speed up an analysis of the games. My view also is that regardless of the outcome of any current analysis we really need to develop methods and software to check if someone used an AI help or not. I am afraid we will face much more of "using AI accusations" in the future, even in regular games not played on internet. So, I really appreciate pnprog's help and work.

This post by AlesCieply was liked by: Uberdude

Post #260 Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:42 am 
Lives with ko

Hi Uberdude,

Uberdude wrote:
This info is basically the raw data behind the win rate delta graph, so if you could somehow dump out the data for the whole game as text/file somewhere that'd be super useful, e.g. a CSV (I added a few bonus columns) like
Quote:
Move number,Colour,Bot move,Bot winrate,Game move,Game winrate,Bot choice,Policy prob
20,W,h17,54.23,j17,53.5,2,5.12
21,B,h18,46.5,h18,46.5,1,45.32
As AlesCieply mentioned above, yes I can certainly do that :)

One question: What is "Bot Choice"? Is that the rank of the player's move among all Leela's proposed moves?

Also, I need to clarify the methodology for calculating the winning probability for the move played by the player.
Let's take an example:
Code:
Move 17, black to play
Leela's best moves:
D15: 54.1%
O16: 53.4%
R6:  48.2%
J3:  47.5%
D5:  47.3%
D8:  46.8%

Player's move:
J3
Here, because J3 is part of Leela's best moves, then we could consider that the win rate for the move played by the player is 47.5%, but maybe it is not the best idea.

Another example:
Code:
Move 17, black to play
Leela's best moves:

Player's move:
K4
Now, K4 is not part of Leela's best moves, so how to evaluate K4 win rate? GRP solves this issue by having Leela play K4, then asking Leela for white next best move. If Leela says that white next best move is N3 with a 61.1% win rate for white, then GRP deduces that the win rate for black K4 was 38.9% (100% - 61.1%).

In fact, even if the player's move was part of Leela's best move, I use the opposite probability of the next move to estimate the player's move win rate. It allows Leela to use all her thinking time/power on the player move this way, not only a fraction of her playout, so the win rate is more accurate.

To continue with the example above:
Code:
Move 17, black to play
Leela's best moves:

Player's move:
D15
So here, the player's move and Leela best moves are the same. So delta will be 0

But if I now ask Leela for the best answer to black 17 at D15, maybe I will get:
Code:
Move 18, white to play
Leela's best moves:
D15: 45.7%
D8:  43.8%
R6:  42.3%
D5:  42.1%
Here we can see that Leela's best answer is D15/45.7% which indicates that now, Leela re-evaluated black 17 at D15 at a win rate of 54.3% (100% - 45.7%) instead of the former estimation of 54.1%
This is because for this turn, all Leela's thinking power was focused on the continuation after black 17 at D15, so this new evaluation should be more accurate.

Because Leela's best move and the player best move are the same, then the delta is zero regardless of the probability, so I won't impact the histogram. But I just wanted to make the methodology clear.

The CSV can also incorporate both winrate values, it's not an issue.

One last precision, GRP does not rank Leela's moves based on probabilities, the moves have the same ranks as provided by Leela. So low ranked moves could have higher win rate than Leela's top move. The alphabetical order used by GRP truly reflects Leela's best moves order. I guess we are all ok with that?

This post by pnprog was liked by: Uberdude

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next