It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:56 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Announcing GoReviewPartner - v0.11.2 (with Live Analysis
Post #261 Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:38 am 
Judan

Liked others: 436
Was liked: 3719
KGS: Uberdude 4d
OGS: Uberdude 7d
Thanks!

pnprog wrote:
One question: What is "Bot Choice"? Is that the rank of the player's move among all Leela's proposed moves?

Yes.

That's a good point about the winrate changing with extra playouts after playing it, Ales noted that in his spreadsheet.

pnprog wrote:
One last precision, GRP does not rank Leela's moves based on probabilities, the moves have the same ranks as provided by Leela. So low ranked moves could have higher win rate than Leela's top move. The alphabetical order used by GRP truly reflects Leela's best moves order. I guess we are all ok with that?

Yup, it's good to be clear.

Post #262 Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:24 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 94
Was liked: 153
Hi!

For those interested, I implemented the tool to convert RSGF data into CSV files. I put the details on this other thread. It provides an example of batch file for windows that can be used to perform analysis of SGF file in batch, so you could be interested.

If this sort of analysis becomes popular, I will make it a standard feature of GRP :)

I will take this opportunity to give some news regarding GRP.

Around 2 months ago, I received a Chinese translations for GRP. I was really enthusiastic and added it right away into GRP. Then quickly, I was faced with ton's of issues regarding running GRP on native chinese+windows computers. Those errors appeared when trying to deal with Asian characters in SGF files, file names, interface, everywhere... I did not faced such issues when adding the Korean translation (nor the French or German) while they are complex characters encoding as well. And it was hard for me to troubleshoot them.

The Unicode Pandora box had just been opened, and it took me 2 months of work (and plenty of white hairs) until I was able to finally close it. But that was a good thing in the end, as I am now confident GRP will run properly on all sort of computers across the world. It seems GRP is the only software left in its category that can run on WindowsXP (yes, there are people running LeelaZero on Windows XP or Windows 2003). Admittedly, beside Lizzie and Sabaki-Leela, there are not many softwares in that category to start with :) But I would not be surprised if there are still plenty of WinXp computers in use in many Asian children Go schools, or Go clubs.

Now that is issue is solved, I resumed the development, and I will try to release the next version this month.

This post by pnprog was liked by 3 people: Bill Spight, ez4u, sleepyEDB

Post #263 Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:29 am 
Beginner

Liked others: 7
Was liked: 3
WOW,

Can't believe I just discovered this. I just wanted to say thank you for all the time you have spent on this. The design is simple and effective. Love the hover variations and the color coding for win rate. Dual view is also new to me. I can not offer much but is there a way to send a few $ your way as compensation? It won't be much but I think it is deserved.

I will PM you

Thanks.

Post #264 Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:59 am 
Lives with ko

harumi wrote:
WOW,

Can't believe I just discovered this. I just wanted to say thank you for all the time you have spent on this. The design is simple and effective. Love the hover variations and the color coding for win rate. Dual view is also new to me. I can not offer much but is there a way to send a few $ your way as compensation? It won't be much but I think it is deserved.

I will PM you

Thanks.
Haha, thanks for the proposal :)
Other users have proposed to donate as well, but it's not necessary: I am quite enjoying myself working on GRP at the moment, all of this is quite rewarding already :)

Post #265 Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:38 am 
Lives with ko

Hi everybody!

I just watched the last game of the HayLee VS LeelaZero 8 games match, and in the video, HayLee mentioned the possibility to make a video using Lizzie or GRP.

So I decided to release a new version of GRP this week. There is not much new features in this version, it's mainly about new interface design, and other changes "under the hood", but in the same time, I don't want to make the same mistake as last time and wait for months to release a new version. I would better have more people use and test GRP, and provide new ideas instead. Also, the translations to Korean and Chinese are important steps for GRP :)

I am currently downloading the latest Ray (RLO, that uses ELF weights) to check support for the latest version and the latest versions of Leela to package everything. I will also propose a specific download for LeelaZero using ELF weight as well. Hopefully I can release this this weekend.

Post subject: Re: Announcing GoReviewPartner - v0.12
Post #266 Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:18 am 
Lives with ko

pnprog wrote:
So I decided to release a new version of GRP this week. [...] Hopefully I can release this this weekend.

Here it is: GoReviewPartner v0.12 !

The most visible changes are about the interface that should be easier to use, and the table that has been redesigned. The other big change is better support for localization (I am pretty confident that GRP will run smoothly on all sort of computers). The way the parameters are read/saved in the config file has been improve a lot as well, to avoid all sort of future headache for users.

I added a download package for Leela+ELF weight. Ray has been updated also, because it now uses LZ type of weights file (the one to download also uses ELF weights). I will make a separate post for my to do list for next release.

EDIT: I haven't updated the documentation yet, I guess I will do that fist

This post by pnprog was liked by: sleepyEDB

Post #267 Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:18 am 
Lives with ko

Here is the updated documentation: http://yuntingdian.com/goreviewpartner/grp-documentation/doc.htm

It took me the whole day to update it, but I am happy with result. I use Markdown and Pandoc. I am sure there are still plenty of English mistakes inside, but it should be understandable :D

Post #268 Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:28 am 
Lives with ko

Hi!
I just want to report that I added the possibility to play variation on the left side board. It now makes that board much more useful than it was before. Like it's possible to play a variation one the left, then display one of the bot variation on the right:
Attachment:
screenshot.png
screenshot.png [ 82.51 KiB | Viewed 14496 times ]

It's still not possible to use the bot on that left side, but still an improvement :)

Post #269 Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:29 pm 
Lives with ko

Hi!

So I have been thinking hard about how to improve the interface, especially how to make that left side board more useful. This night I came up with the following idea (I even get up in the middle of the night to sketch my ideas on paper :mrgreen: ) and I would like your opinions on it.

(the following pictures are patchworks of cropped screenshots, nothing coded so far)

So basically, I would like to use a "tab" system, à la Firefox:
Attachment:
img0.png
img0.png [ 30.52 KiB | Viewed 14432 times ]

At any time, there would always be at least those two tabs available:
  • The first one is the one above, that corresponds to the current right side goban. It shows the current variations from the computer. Two buttons are available Filter that would be used to filter what variations are displayed (the existing "display only of computer move is different than actual move", and an interval filter based on delta) and coloring (the existing "only winning variations in blue" and similar). The same "filtering options" would be made available when converting from RSGF to SGF.
  • The second tab that would always be available is the one below, equivalent to the current left side goban. This goban is mainly used to display the available maps (I plan to add a heatmap feature) and to play out variations manually. Not bot available on this tab:
Attachment:
img1.png
img1.png [ 55.03 KiB | Viewed 14432 times ]

Those two tabs would always be available (impossible to close them). When you click on "next move" (or "previous move" and others...) they move along with you. So they are always synchronized with the navigation bar and the left side panel (the panel with comments and table).

Then, there would be the possibility to add more tabs by pressing the "+" button, just like in Firefox.
This would add more tabs, that are equivalent to the "open position" goban:
Attachment:
img2.png
img2.png [ 58.56 KiB | Viewed 14432 times ]

Just like in the actual version, there would be the possibility to open as much tabs as one needs. Those tabs would offer the possibility to play against computers. I will find a way to only "load" the bot "on demand" so that opening more tabs does not eat too much memory (this has the disadvantage to make switching between bots slower). Just like in Firefox, it would be possible to close those tabs (but I haven't represented a button for that yet).

I am limited in the number of image per post, so I will continue in the next post :)

Post #270 Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:33 pm 
Lives with ko

So, this is what the final interface would look like:
Attachment:
img3.png
img3.png [ 99.22 KiB | Viewed 14432 times ]

As you can see, it would be more compact, so easier to use on small screens.

Now, for people like me, who enjoy having both goban at the same time (I like to replay on the right the variations on the left) I would add the possibility to have two panels, like it's commonly used in some file explorers:
Attachment:
img4.png
img4.png [ 140.08 KiB | Viewed 14432 times ]

(I might lost the possibility to resize all three panel manually like it's actually the case, I am not sure)

This way, I think that would make GRP more useful, what do you think?

Post #271 Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:11 pm 
Dies in gote

Was liked: 7
KGS: psygo
Tygem: psygo
OGS: psygo
Universal go server handle: psygo
First of all, congrats on creating such a powerful tool, all the more by doing it basically alone. That's genius to me.

Secondly, can anybody help me make it work? I don't understand much about python so I don't know what's going wrong. I have installed python (twice), but everytime I try to run any of the files a black window pops up and out in a second and nothing happens. Does anybody know what's going on? I even tried to run the files with PyCharm, but it says there are mistakes in the code and it just doesn't run the code.

I am probably doing something very basic wrongly, but I wish this was more user friendly, I would even be willing to pay for it (even more than I'm already willing to...).

Anyway, congrats on the software! :)

Post #272 Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:38 pm 
Lives with ko

Hi!
psygo wrote:
Secondly, can anybody help me make it work? I don't understand much about python so I don't know what's going wrong. I have installed python (twice), but everytime I try to run any of the files a black window pops up and out in a second and nothing happens. Does anybody know what's going on? I even tried to run the files with PyCharm, but it says there are mistakes in the code and it just doesn't run the code.

If you run Windows, the recommended way is to download a package with your favourite bot pre-configured there: http://yuntingdian.com/goreviewpartner/ You can find more explanations there.

If you run MacOs or Linux, or just want to ruYou can find more explanations there.n python, make sure to install python2, not python3 (sorry about that). On MacOs/Linux, you have to be sure to install tkinter as well. You can find more explanations there. The python file to run is main.py

By the way, I released a new (minor) update, v0.13, yesterday that adds a basic export to CSV file (among other things).

This post by pnprog was liked by: psygo

Post #273 Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:57 pm 
Dies in gote

Was liked: 7
KGS: psygo
Tygem: psygo
OGS: psygo
Universal go server handle: psygo
Thank you for the help, I was trying to do the things you described, but kinda wrongly.

The first issue was more obvious, the Python version, I had a 3.X one, after installing the 2.7.13 one, everything worked fine. The second issue (which was actually prior to that) was that I would hit a 404 page not found after clicking on the bundled links you made available on your site, but that stopped happening a little bit later on.

Anyway, everything is working fine for now, and thanks again. There is just one odd detail that has been puzzling to me, is the Leela Zero ELF bundle working 100% ok? I've tried it here and the winning percentages barely change throughout the analysis. I've even tried to manually change the weights (is it recommended? it doesn't seem to work properly with the other versions either) to a more updated version, but with no success.

Post subject: Re: GoReviewPartner - "leela_zero_goreviewpartner.ipynb"
Post #274 Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:40 pm 
Beginner

Liked others: 1
Was liked: 0
leela_zero_goreviewpartner.ipynb is a notebook to run goreviewpartner in Google's colaboratory and so take advantage of the free GPU power generously provided by Google.

I think it must have worked once but doesn't anymore; there are at least two errors

the first is simple. The code
    Code:
    #!sed -i -e '78,88d' $config
    is intended to truncate config.ini after [LeelaZero] and new parameters will later be added.

It works if the code is replaced by
    Code:
    !sed  -n -e '1,/^\[LeelaZero\]$/p' {config} > {config}.truncated
    !cp {config}.truncated {config}

I don't understand the second one; it reports an attempt to write to standard error,

Code:
    Starting LeelaZero...
    Leela Zero working directory: /content/leela-zero/src/
    Checking Leela Zero stderr to check for OpenCL SGEMM tuner running
    leaving consume_stderr thread
    Could not find out, abandoning
    LeelaZero started
    LeelaZero identification through GTP...
    Error while writting to stdin

Is the author here, or can an expert on GoReviewPartner suggest what is causing the second error? Eve better if the notebook were to be adopted by the project!

Post #275 Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:16 pm 
Lives with ko

Hi!

I don't know about Colab or that project, but the error indicated by GRP ( Error while writting to stdin ) indicates an error while writing to LeelaZero's standard Input, not GRP's standard input.

The first thing GRP does after launching LeelaZero is to send the GTP commands name and version to ensure the correct program is running in GTP mode.

Failure to write to LeelaZero's stdin most probably means that LeelaZero crashed/terminated immediately after startup. You should check the command used for startup, and try to run it outside of GRP.

I never tried Colab, but I will see if I can have a try. From what I can understand, it should work for the newest or and older version of GRP.

Post #276 Posted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:24 am 
Beginner

Liked others: 1
Was liked: 0
Thanks. I've got it to start by reverting GoReviewPartner
Code:
git checkout 928cd

but I don't yet know whether it will complete successfully. Later reversions may also work, I haven't tried them yet.

Post #277 Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:38 am 
Lives with ko

dbk wrote:
Thanks. I've got it to start by reverting GoReviewPartner
Code:
git checkout 928cd

but I don't yet know whether it will complete successfully. Later reversions may also work, I haven't tried them yet.

It's good to know this is working.
I had a quick look at the google colab FAQ, they say users are not supposed to use it for intensive CPU/GPU tasks (they mention cryptocurrency mining as an example). So they might be upset if user use it for game analysis.

Otherwise, I would be interested to make sure GRP runs fine on Colab. I see a cool use case where you enter the move from your smartphone, and the analysis is done on their servers.

Post #278 Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:14 am 
Lives with ko

And here is a quick update regarding latest progresses:

I started implementing the "tabbed goban layout". So far so good. Here are some screenshots of the (work in progress) implementation:

Here is the main view. Both right and left panels always have an "Actual game" tab and an "Analysis" tab.

An "actual game" tab shows what next move was played, and can be used to play quickly try out variation (no bot available there). The variations played on this tab have move numbered.
An "analysis" tab shows the variations provided by the bot. The "filter" button is not implemented yet, but will offer way to restrict the variations displayed based on quantity/player/winrate intervals The "display" button can be used to quickly switch between "colouring" modes and "labelling" modes, as show on the picture below:
Attachment:
0.png
0.png [ 152.84 KiB | Viewed 14059 times ]

Those special tabs are synchronized and show information on the currently displayed moves. So it's possible to display the same type of board on both left and right, but it won't help that much because they will display the same information. However, it's possible to use different display setting, so for instance, one can display on the right the "Analysis tab" with "best variation in blue" and labelling using "letters", and on the left, the "analysis tab" but using "winning (>50%) variations in blue", and labelling using winrate% as on the picture bellow:
Attachment:
1.png
1.png [ 71.87 KiB | Viewed 14059 times ]

Then, pushing the "+" tab create a new tab, and make it available to play with the bot on this goban. The tabs are labelled using the move number where the variation starts, and are not synchronized with the "Actual game" and "Analysis" tabs. It is possible to open as much tabs as possible, so it can be used to "bookmark" a position during the review, to came back at it later:
Attachment:
2.png
2.png [ 70.45 KiB | Viewed 14059 times ]

What I still need to do:
  • The same way the "Actual game" and "Analysis" tabs are duplicated on left and right sides, I would like to duplicate the new tabs on both side. Currently, they are only available on the side they were created. This way, one can more easily compare the results of two variations by bringing them side to side
  • Implement the tabbed goban feature in the live analysis mode as well
  • Load a bot only on demand (Gogui uses the word "Attach"), so that opening more tab does not consume unnecessary memory
  • Add a way to close those new tabs
  • Add the heat map feature for the bots who support it

Post #279 Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:18 am 
Lives with ko

Oups, almost forgot about this one:
psygo wrote:
The first issue was more obvious, the Python version, I had a 3.X one, after installing the 2.7.13 one, everything worked fine. The second issue (which was actually prior to that) was that I would hit a 404 page not found after clicking on the bundled links you made available on your site, but that stopped happening a little bit later on.
This is probably because I had updated the download links, but your browser had cached the wab page. In such case, refreshing the page, using F5 should solve the issue.

psygo wrote:
Anyway, everything is working fine for now, and thanks again. There is just one odd detail that has been puzzling to me, is the Leela Zero ELF bundle working 100% ok? I've tried it here and the winning percentages barely change throughout the analysis. I've even tried to manually change the weights (is it recommended? it doesn't seem to work properly with the other versions either) to a more updated version, but with no success.
I haven't had time to try ELF on my own games in fact. In fact, I spent almost all my "game of go time" programming...
Maybe have a try with Lizzie to see if the behaviour is the same?

Post subject: Re: Announcing GoReviewPartner - v0.14
Post #280 Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:52 am 
Lives with ko

Hi everybody!

Here comes version 0.14, where the "tabbed" gobans feature was implemented. I am quite satisfied with the result, the interface is much more reactive than in in previous version, although resizing the three panel horizontal is still not that fast.

Opening new tabs allows to play with bots, but bots are not loaded in memory until they are selected.
GRP keep in memory the last bot used for each use case (analysis, live or interactive) and put it as default choice or first choice. So as a result, I remove all those dirty "Bot availability" settings that are not useful anymore.
Also, the logical next feature will be to add the possibility to add and name as much profiles has one needs, because only two profiles per bot (slow and fast) is not enough.
That would be cool to be able to cover each use case, for instance, for Leela Zero:
  • Leela Zero (30s/move)
  • Leela Zero (30s/move 2 GPU)
  • Leela Zero (CPU only)
  • Leela Zero (5s/move)
  • Leela Zero (ELF weights)
  • Leela Zero (9x9) <- yes there exist a 9x9 version
  • Leela Zero (network XXX) <- could need a specific weight version as well
  • Leela Zero (network YYY)

Apart from that tabbed gobans features, I also improved the support for maps:
  • GnuGo supports territories map and influence map
  • Leela supports influence map and heat map (only in 19x19)
  • Leela Zero supports the heat map

You will find the download links at the usual place: http://yuntingdian.com/goreviewpartner/
The (updated) documentation there includes plenty of screen-shots in you are interested.

So the features I have in mind for the next versions:
  • Possibility to add more profiles as described above
  • Possibility to add generic GTP bots as sparring partner in live game analysis (I need the above feature to be done for that one)
  • Replace export to CSV by Excel files with some colorfull formatting

But basically, I am pretty happy with the current result, it covers 99% of my needs already :)
That means we are getting really close to version 1.0, I want to ship that one with an installer, and file association, to be able to directly open RSGF files into GRP.

This post by pnprog was liked by 3 people: Bill Spight, Calvin Clark, nasdaq

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 310 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next