It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: [OSR] Online go community is looking for volonteers.
Post #1 Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:24 pm 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 5
Was liked: 30
Universal go server handle: climu
Before I explain what help is needed and why, please allow me to introduce you the Open Study Room and the work that have been done since OSR birth.

4 month ago, I started an online go community with a website featuring a blog/CMS, a league system and a forum.

Since then more than 200 registered players played 330 long serious games. Most of them were followed by a review.

We now have a discord channel for audio review and teaching and our members posted 273 forum posts.

We created friendly partnership with strong teachers including Guo Juan (5p). Thank to them, we setted up 14 teaching events and we were able to reward our winners with cool prizes every month.

We recorded some of those events and uploaded 7 videos to our youtube channel who already have 83 suscribers and a bit less than 2000 views.

On the website side, I started without a domain name nor a mailing system. It is worth noting that I started with almost zero knowledge and I am learning everything on the road.

Now we got ssl on all the website, nice tools to set up and manage multiple leagues at the same time. Our code is public in this github and I sometimes find help to structure and format the code or to write some fix.

We now show kgs online status on the website and have an calendar event managment system supporting timezones.

Many website updates and league changes were following ideas and suggestions from OSR members.

Future plans updates include a game planing tool (almost done), a game review tool, and moving to OGS.

Why did I listed all that ? So one can get an idea of the work behind such a project. While I am having fun coding the website, I could really use some help running the league.

The Job would be to help me welcome new players, to post news on the website, to write emails to the winners and to manage the leagues.

One needs to feel comfortable writing in english to apply for this.

I am asking here because I am surprised and happy about OSR success and I would feel bad if such a community project falls for lack of manpower.

If you got spare time and fancy our work, let me know