All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Go for the Dominican Republic Fundraiser
Post #1 Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:26 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 18
Was liked: 81
KGS: FanXiping
OGS: slashpine
This is a fundraiser to support the Dominican Go Federation and its president, Generoso Arístides Ledesma Méndez. Recently he and other members of the DGF appeared on national TV in the Dominican Republic and as a result he has received hundreds of requests from Dominicans wanting to start Go clubs. However, he is currently short of equipment and in order to help him remedy this I have set up this Gofundme page to secure funding for me. It is encouraging to know that the Republic of Korea embassy has agreed to help Mr. Ledesma Méndez with materials, though it remains to be seen just how much he will receive for his projects. In the meantime, I have been purchasing equipment here in the US to be sent in a box through a logistic company. I am going to send a total of 40 sets of melamine Go stones and so far I have 10 in my possession, ready to be packed in a box and sent to DR through a logistics company. The remaining 30 will be sent the same way. When I met him in DR during my trip there last month, we agreed that I would send him sets of Go stones to get things going, since in DR no one whatsoever sells Go equipment or books and hardly any sellers of the same ships to Dominican Republic and, even if they do, they have to charge über-high shipping due to the need to use registered mail and pay customs fees, as there is always the chance that an item will never make it to its intended destination.

Let's help this man get his Go equipment! Click below and donate today!

https://www.gofundme.com/go-for-the-dominican-republic