It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:16 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2nd Experimental Stream: Friday 31 August 10 PM UK (UTC)
Post #1 Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:09 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 196
Was liked: 342
IGS: Reisei 1d
Online playing schedule: When I can
More notice this time.

I enjoyed my first adventure in streaming yesterday, so I am going to do another test stream tomorrow evening starting from 10 PM (UK time/UTC) on my twitch.tv channel "gotamsin". This is assuming that my internet connection remains up to par.

I'm going to pick on people my own size (i.e., not sandbag), so bearing in mind the difficulty of talking and playing simultaneously, there is every chance that I shall lose quite gruesomely. I'm also going to try to apply two different strategies in the two go games that I plan to play:

1) Peaceful - I will just try and take big points, and avoid any altercations unless I'd take a clear loss by backing out.

2) No quarter given - I will try to take the biggest points, even if that means fighting to the limit. There will be no compromises or playing of the percentages.

From an "edutainment" point of view, I feel that anybody ranked below 3k (KGS) will learn from it. Stronger players than that won't pick up anything they don't already know, but they will be able to bask in the warm feeling of superiority that they will experience.

Furthermore, this is the only go show in town with the smooth and soothing tones of my sing-song English accent.

This post by Tami was liked by: BlindGroup

Post subject: Re: 2nd Experimental Stream: Friday 31 August 10 PM UK (UTC)
Post #2 Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:30 am 
Honinbo

Liked others: 3651
Was liked: 3374
Tami wrote:
From an "edutainment" point of view, I feel that anybody ranked below 3k (KGS) will learn from it. Stronger players than that won't pick up anything they don't already know, but they will be able to bask in the warm feeling of superiority that they will experience.

Say not so. I remember years ago several of us were working on a tricky life and death situation on Sensei's Library. Who found the key play? A beginner. :D

Visualize whirled peas.

Everything with love. Stay safe.