Post #41 Posted: Tue May 02, 2023 4:44 am 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 34
Was liked: 32
KGS: Jeth
IGS: Jeth
DGS: Jeth_Orensin
OGS: JethOrensin
Some more good news after the successful event in Catalonia (latest update for those that missed those news: https://www.eurogofed.org/index.html?id=376 ).
The sixth chapter has been completed for the Russian language and was added to the downloadable pfds of the book's project, thanks to the awesome work and contribution of Dmitriy Bovichev.
Now there is only one chapter left to translate and the Russian language will be the seventh completed version of the book for the project along with English, Greek, French, Spanish, Brazillian-Portuguese and Catalan. :)

As always you can download the chapters for free from the project's webpage https://www.gobook.eu/

I hope that you will find it useful and if you want to help with the translation of the book in your own language, you are always welcome to contribute in any way you can.
Be well!

Post subject: Re: Multilingual Go Book Project - new FULL translation(Cata
Post #42 Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:25 am 
Dies in gote

Some more great news with another COMPLETE translation of the project's book. This time it is for the Romanian language and, unlike other times, there were no incremental chapters released, since there was a different process followed this time.

The Romanian version is the only added version where the translation and typesetting is made by the same person, in this case by the awesome and hard-working George Stihi who had everything that was needed, so he decided to offer to do the translation directly on the typesetting tools, thus reducing the complexity of the process.

He and his colleague Gheorghe Paun also did the final proof-reading, thus the only thing that was left for me to do was compile all the files and make the cover, so that it can be uploaded and printed.

This way another full translation has been added to the The Multilingual Go Book Project and to our desire of making Go content more accessible to new players and Go teachers, in their native language.

I cannot thank mr. Stihi and mr. Paun enough for their amazing effort. Words fail to explain how much work they put into this and I am extremely happy that it has been completed.

To balance my miniscule contribution out, for this version I am in the process of arranging for 100 printed copies to be produced soon and they will be sent to mr. Stihi in Romania to manage them and be distributed for free or given as tournament prices. I will keep everyone informed when this happens. As always, please, if you spot any mistake or typo, let us know so that we can improve the text.

Just like with the previous completed versions, the uploads are in three formats (greyscale, CMYK and compressed greyscale). You can download the chapters for free from the project's website https://www.gobook.eu/ and you are welcome to contribute in any way you can, especially if you want to help with the translation of the book in your own language. Just send me a message and we can get it started.

Be well and have fun playing Go! :)

Post subject: Re: Multilingual Go Book Project- new FULL translation(Roman
Post #43 Posted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:47 am 
Dies in gote

Good news:
https://eurogofed.org/index.html?id=396

Post subject: Re: Multilingual Go Book Project- new FULL translation(Roman
Post #44 Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2023 1:58 am 
Dies in gote

2023 has been amazing for the project. We have another completed version, this time the **Russian version**. The translation begun in 2019 by Dmitriy Bovichev and through all those years we had fun not only within the project, but playing Go together in DGS. Dmitriy's amazing effort through all those years was the one that led to the completion of this translation and I'd like to thank him wholeheartedly for it.

If everything goes well, next version to be completed will be the Dutch version in the first trimester of 2024, so I guess that this is it for 2023. Three new completed versions and 150 free printed copies. Quite the year.

Just like with the previous completed versions, the uploads are in three formats (greyscale, CMYK and compressed greyscale). You can download the chapters for free from the project's website https://www.gobook.eu/ and you are welcome to contribute in any way you can, especially if you want to help with the translation of the book in your own language. Just send me a message and we can get it started.

Be well and have fun playing Go! :)

Post subject: Re: Multilingual Go Book Project- new FULL translation(Russi
Post #45 Posted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:55 am 
Dies in gote

Good news! I finally managed to print some more copies.
- 50 Romanian copies that will go to mr. Stihi (who has been doing great and has already distributed the previous 100 copies.)
- 25 English copies to be sent/distributed to people that have asked for them
- 10 Greek copies for the Greek Go Association and their current effort for promoting Go which has just begun.
- 10 Greek copies for the Cyprus Go Association.
- 5 French copies - One will be given to the translator and the other four I’ll take them with me to the EGC in Toulouse, to give them away.

Until next time, be well and have fun playing Go :)