It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:00 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: q5go-1.1: Tweaks and improvements
Post #81 Posted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:26 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 46
Was liked: 116
lightvector wrote:
bernds wrote:
Actually I didn't really consider saving and loading such SGF files - there's a comment in the source that suggests I saw inconsistencies in other programs and decided to disallow anything > 25. So that's a gap in version 1.1 - you can still play these against the computer.

In FF[4], the latest version of the SGF standard (since 2006?), it seems to be explicitly documented how to continue beyond size 26 (sgf does not skip the "i"), all the way up to board size 52:
https://www.red-bean.com/sgf/go.html#types

So perhaps the inconsistencies you saw were either from other programs not conforming to the standard, or from choosing to implement a pre-FF[4] version of the standard? I do think there are quite a few SGF parsers that don't quite conform to the standard though which is maybe what you noticed... Go software in the wild is a bit of a mess sometimes. It's hard to get all the corners exactly right, good chance my code in KataGo doesn't either.

I suspect the comment was very old, as the SGF loading code is derived from something I wrote ages ago. I've already fixed things to follow the FF[4] spec and will make new binaries next time I reboot into Windows.

Post #82 Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:58 am 
Gosei

Liked others: 202
Was liked: 203
please add "engine match" to the "computer game" tab (autosave - games in sgf), for example like this:

Attachments:
q5go engine match.jpg
q5go engine match.jpg [ 65.73 KiB | Viewed 17075 times ]

Post #83 Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:38 am 
Lives with ko

And wrote:
please add "engine match" to the "computer game" tab (autosave - games in sgf), for example like this:

Do you mean play between two engines? That's already there, but it's not available from the greeter window. The client window has the full set of menus and options; the greeter has a message to that effect in version 1.1.

Post #84 Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:50 am 
Gosei

the game between the two engines works great, thanks! I'm about a series of two engine games or a computer tournament. for example, two engines play 50 games and the results are saved in sgf. that is, you can leave the computer at night, and then see the games

Post #85 Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:27 am 
Lives with ko

And wrote:
the game between the two engines works great, thanks! I'm about a series of two engine games or a computer tournament. for example, two engines play 50 games and the results are saved in sgf. that is, you can leave the computer at night, and then see the games

I don't understand what you are asking. There already is a "Number of games" field, which sounds like exactly what you want?

Post #86 Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:42 am 
Gosei

a field that already exists, for playing variants for one game, I tried. a new game does not start, but a new continuation is played out with a certain move. it is different. Or can I somehow start the match?

number of games: 5 (view screenshot)
these are not 5 different games. and would like to sgf these games
match engines can be made in GoGui (gogui-twogtp) or SmartGo, but they do not have a size of 29x29

Attachments:
5 variants.jpg
5 variants.jpg [ 169.99 KiB | Viewed 17035 times ]

Last edited by And on Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post #87 Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:10 pm 
Lives with ko

And wrote:
a field that already exists, for playing variants for one game, I tried. a new game does not start, but a new continuation is played out with a certain move. it is different. Or can I somehow start the match?

number of games: 5

These are all new games. Some of them start with the same moves, so you see them as branching off at various points. Once play completes, there should be a match summary in the root node.

This post by bernds was liked by: And

Post #88 Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:16 pm 
Gosei

Thank you so much! I looked from the other side and it is interesting! wonderful program !!!

Post #89 Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:18 am 
Lives with ko

I like having the results of an entire match in a single SGF file. It allows following the match in one window while it's running. But I've added a new feature to save all individual variations into their own files (in the File menu). That might get improved a little in the future to interact better with game results from an engine match.

For now, there's no new release, but thanks to a contribution from Fan Yang there are now Github actions which automatically build the repository on each push. Please note that I don't control the build environment for this, it's all provided by Github, and in theory there are trust and/or security issues with that. In practice, most people have no problem with it. If you decide you're OK with this and wish to try them out, the most up-to-date build artifacts as of now are

Mac build
Windows build

Careful with the Windows archive, it doesn't extract into a new directory but just splats all the files into the destination path, so make sure you create an empty directory first. I'm trying to figure out how to fix that in the scripts but no luck so far.

In the future, you can look for and click on a green checkmark next to the "Latest commit" message on the github home page and find the most recent builds from there (or from the "Actions" tab).

This post by bernds was liked by 2 people: Amigo, And

Post #90 Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:44 am 
Gosei

perfectly! SGF works up to 52x52!
(in sidebar, some moves are not displayed correctly (for example, AC 28 - ] 28))

Post #91 Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:23 am 
Gosei

I want to set the move parameters for KataGo in "default_gtp.cfg", for example 500 visits. but regardless of "time" is on or off, q5go sets the move time. how to disable it? (the same in Sabaki works)
and evaluation graph works with engines? with Leela and KataGo shows nothing (straight line)

Post #92 Posted: Sat May 02, 2020 11:53 am 
Lives with ko

And wrote:
I want to set the move parameters for KataGo in "default_gtp.cfg", for example 500 visits. but regardless of "time" is on or off, q5go sets the move time. how to disable it? (the same in Sabaki works)
and evaluation graph works with engines? with Leela and KataGo shows nothing (straight line)

I've uploaded a 1.1.1 version which ought to fix that, as well as the board size issues that 1.1 had. There are also a handful of new features, like being able to choose a path for autosaves, and a dialog to remove old analysis from a file.

Post subject: Re: q5go-1.1.1: Tweaks and improvements
Post #93 Posted: Sat May 02, 2020 12:56 pm 
Gosei

bernds thank you very much! I’ll run to watch and enjoy! :D

Post #94 Posted: Sun May 03, 2020 5:40 am 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 4
Was liked: 3
DGS: embee
bernds wrote:
And wrote:

I've uploaded a 1.1.1 version which ought to fix that, as well as the board size issues that 1.1 had. There are also a handful of new features, like being able to choose a path for autosaves, and a dialog to remove old analysis from a file.

I have edited the KataGo config to 1601 visits. For example:
# If provided, limit maximum number of root visits per search to this much. (With tree reuse, visits do count earlier search)
maxVisits = 1601
# If provided, limit maximum number of new playouts per search to this much. (With tree reuse, playouts do not count earlier search)
maxPlayouts = 1601

But it seems q5go 1.1.1 ignores this setting during Batch computer analysis .
Which steps do I have to take to disable Number seconds per move during analysis?

Post #95 Posted: Sun May 03, 2020 6:07 am 
Gosei

play against the machine: after 20 moves the inscription "white wins on time" appeared ("time" off, KataGo (black), 10 block network, 500 visits)

Last edited by And on Sun May 03, 2020 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post #96 Posted: Sun May 03, 2020 6:09 am 
Lives with ko

mb76 wrote:
bernds wrote:
And wrote:

I have edited the KataGo config to 1601 visits. For example:
# If provided, limit maximum number of root visits per search to this much. (With tree reuse, visits do count earlier search)
maxVisits = 1601
# If provided, limit maximum number of new playouts per search to this much. (With tree reuse, playouts do not count earlier search)
maxPlayouts = 1601

But it seems q5go 1.1.1 ignores this setting during Batch computer analysis .
Which steps do I have to take to disable Number seconds per move during analysis?

These settings don't really apply to analysis. When using the lz-analyze (or kata-analyze) GTP commands, the engine just keeps searching and providing output, hence there's a time limit per move.

Post #97 Posted: Sun May 03, 2020 6:16 am 
Gosei

computet vs. computer play: approximately 3 minutes after the start of the game, “engine play has completed” appears. but in "gtp.log" the engine makes a move, the game is not over! I tried different networks, 20, 10 blocks, different visits - 500, 50, boards - 29x29, 19x19. The result is the same. ("time" off, KataGo - 2 different networks. in Sabaki works)
EDIT It seems that this only happens when the “time” is off. set "time" on - 40 minutes of the game ok

Post #98 Posted: Sun May 03, 2020 6:55 am 
Lives with ko

And wrote:
computet vs. computer play: approximately 3 minutes after the start of the game, “engine play has completed” appears. but in "gtp.log" the engine makes a move, the game is not over! I tried different networks, 20, 10 blocks, different visits - 500, 50, boards - 29x29, 19x19. The result is the same. ("time" off, KataGo - 2 different networks. in Sabaki works)

I've pushed something that should fix it. I still don't quite understand why it happened after a while and not immediately. :scratch:

The build artifact for this one is at https://github.com/bernds/q5Go/suites/649256350/artifacts/5546311 if you want to try this again (same comments apply as before).

Post #99 Posted: Sun May 03, 2020 6:58 am 
Gosei

thank! I'm going to try now!

Post #100 Posted: Sun May 03, 2020 7:12 am 
Gosei

the game is over an hour - ok. I am very grateful to you!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next