It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:05 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: q5go-1.1.1: Tweaks and improvements
Post #121 Posted: Sun May 31, 2020 11:29 am 
Gosei

Liked others: 202
Was liked: 203
launched with katago! very large request, change to a larger value of 25 (use for analysis) computer go - change an engine configuration - board size

EDIT or ... I do not understand, is it now not necessary?

Post #122 Posted: Sun May 31, 2020 12:14 pm 
Gosei

I checked it works great! thanks a lot!!!

Post #123 Posted: Sun May 31, 2020 12:27 pm 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 46
Was liked: 116
And wrote:
launched with katago! very large request, change to a larger value of 25 (use for analysis) computer go - change an engine configuration - board size

EDIT or ... I do not understand, is it now not necessary?

I'm not entirely sure what you are asking. The idea behind setting a board size for an analysis engine was that LZ only supports 19x19, and by recording that in the settings, we can have consistency and safety checks in the batch analysis window: you have to select a board size, the list of available engines will reflect that choice, and it won't let you add files that can't be analyzed by the engine.
With KataGo now supporting more board sizes, maybe I can come up with something else. In the meantime, as a workaround, you can just duplicate an existing engine configuration and change the board size to whatever you like.

Post #124 Posted: Sun May 31, 2020 12:38 pm 
Gosei

I was primarily interested in winrate. he is working now. the analysis may be interesting, for example, if I download sgf 29x29.
that is, maybe useful

Post #125 Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:17 am 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 44
Was liked: 10
bernds, Thank you so much! I like more than Sabaki!

This post by Dragon was liked by: bernds

Post #126 Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:30 pm 
Lives with ko

I've finally completed (for now) the new IGS multi-observation window. This allows you to have multiple observed games open in a single window, with clickable previews to switch between them.
To keep the screenshot small, everything is a little squashed - it looks better at normal window sizes.
Attachment:
multiobserve.png
multiobserve.png [ 579.46 KiB | Viewed 12075 times ]
The old behaviour (one window per game) is also available, and you can switch between the two styles at any time.

This post by bernds was liked by 3 people: And, apetresc, Bill Spight

Post #127 Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 8:58 am 
Gosei

huge gratitude for removing the limitation on board size during analysis !!! :D
is it possible to change the direction of analysis in the settings? For some reason, my analysis goes from end to beginning

Post #128 Posted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:31 am 
Lives with ko

And wrote:
is it possible to change the direction of analysis in the settings? For some reason, my analysis goes from end to beginning

That is intentional. At least in theory, by analyzing the later moves first, the engine could reuse the evaluation when examining an earlier move, leading to better results.

This post by bernds was liked by 5 people: Amigo, And, Bill Spight, Dragon, Waylon

Post #129 Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:48 am 
Gosei

if it were possible to open the sgf, turn on autoreplay, and run the analysis - that would be fantastic!
maybe it's not difficult to do it? :)

Post #130 Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:53 am 
Dies in gote

the program is getting better and better! many thanks!

Post #131 Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 11:54 am 
Dies in gote

And wrote:
if it were possible to open the sgf, turn on autoreplay, and run the analysis - that would be fantastic!
maybe it's not difficult to do it? :)

yes, that would be very good!

Post #132 Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:15 am 
Dies in gote

I hope for the release of KataGo or another program for playing on 37x37. could you make such an opportunity when choosing a game against the computer? now up to 36x36.

Post #133 Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:13 am 
Lives with ko

I had some trouble getting Kombilo to run the other day, since Python 2 seems to be getting less supported by my Linux distro. So I implemented pattern search for q5go.

It's not quite as feature-full as Kombilo yet - it's missing a statistics display, for example, and it only searches primary variations at the moment. But it seems to work pretty well, and is quite fast and comfortable to use: in a normal board window, press R and leftclick-drag a rectangle, then press S to bring up the pattern search window and initiate a search. After double clicking on a game in the game list, the found pattern is highlighted and you can press N to go to the next move in this area. Shift- or Control-click to place stones of a specific color, right-click and drag a new rectangle and press S or A to search again (in the current or full game list). Results can be displayed on the board as rank (A-z as in Kombilo), total number of continuations, or percentages.

At this point I probably also need to add some code to generate databases without Kombilo. I'll probably use a separate file format so as to not interfere with Kombilo (and because I don't need/know how to generate all of the data).

I'd be happy if anyone could give this a spin to see if/how well it works for them. With this in place it's probably time to make another release soon.

Screenshot:
Attachment:
patsearch.jpg
patsearch.jpg [ 389.6 KiB | Viewed 11245 times ]

This post by bernds was liked by: Bill Spight

Post #134 Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 8:10 am 
Lives with ko

There have been a few updates to the pattern search. It turns out there is a problem with the files Kombilo generates for pattern search: they are not system independent. On Windows, for example, I had a database created by a 32 bit Kombilo, and it caused errors when trying to load it with a 64 bit q5go.
As a result, it really became necessary to add my own file format. The q5go.db files can be created alongside a Kombilo database and will be used preferentially if present. They have a few other advantages, for example being smaller and supporting games with different board sizes in the same directory.

There are also some new features - for example, double clicking a game after a search now shows not only the found pattern, but also the first few moves of continuation within the search region.

As always, up-to-date automated builds for MacOS and Windows can be had from the Github Actions page, or by clicking on the green checkmark on the main page. I'd appreciate if I could find one or two testers to make sure it doesn't just work on my machine.

Post #135 Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:53 pm 
Oza

Liked others: 2337
Was liked: 1332
KGS: ez4u
bernds wrote:

As always, up-to-date automated builds for MacOS and Windows can be had from the Github Actions page, or by clicking on the green checkmark on the main page. I'd appreciate if I could find one or two testers to make sure it doesn't just work on my machine.

When I try either the green checkmark or the actions page, I do not find compiled versions to download. I can see a 76 MB "artifact" listed that is named q5Go-win64_msvc2017_64, but it is not a downloadable file. Is there something further that I have to do or are the beta testers supposed to download and compile the code itself?

Post #136 Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:58 pm 
Lives with ko

ez4u wrote:
When I try either the green checkmark or the actions page, I do not find compiled versions to download. I can see a 76 MB "artifact" listed that is named q5Go-win64_msvc2017_64, but it is not a downloadable file. Is there something further that I have to do or are the beta testers supposed to download and compile the code itself?

Oh wow :-( When I'm logged out of Github, that does really show up as non-downloadable - sorry about that, I simply didn't expect that. I'll see what I can do, maybe I'll just make a test release.

This post by bernds was liked by: ez4u

Post #137 Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:29 am 
Oza

Anyway I joined git hub and downloaded the automatic build. One quick question. I have the normal 1.1.1 release as well. They share the settings. Will there be any conflicts from running the old version after configuring the test version? Should I delete the old version?

The database files built with no apparent problem. The potential nicest point is the integration of search with analysis. Thanks!

What would you like testers to check? Anything specifically?

Post #138 Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:59 am 
Lives with ko

ez4u wrote:
Anyway I joined git hub and downloaded the automatic build. One quick question. I have the normal 1.1.1 release as well. They share the settings. Will there be any conflicts from running the old version after configuring the test version? Should I delete the old version?

There shouldn't be much of an issue, I try to avoid these problems whereever possible. There is one new setting for engines (whether they have board size/komi restrictions), and that might get forgotten by the older version, but that should be about the worst that could happen.

Quote:
The database files built with no apparent problem. The potential nicest point is the integration of search with analysis. Thanks!

What would you like testers to check? Anything specifically?

Well, the fact that it seems to work for you is good. Just use it as you normally would and let me know if there's anything that seems odd, or poor from a usability point of view.
I was going to say "test whether an imported Kombilo database works", but yesterday I made up my mind to disable that functionality because of the potential 32bit/64bit mismatches and the problems they might cause. So now it's required to create database files using q5go before being able to use pattern search.

Thanks for testing! Did the version you downloaded include the bar graph statistics display? That's the last thing I added yesterday.

Post #139 Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:39 am 
Oza

bernds wrote:
Thanks for testing! Did the version you downloaded include the bar graph statistics display? That's the last thing I added yesterday.

I would say it is 50%/50% between my version does not include it and I cannot find it because I do not know what I am looking for. :)

However, am I correct in thinking that from now on I can just download new versions as they appear and use them? My settings will carry over into each new version, including the location of the databases?

Post #140 Posted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:08 am 
Lives with ko

ez4u wrote:
bernds wrote:

I would say it is 50%/50% between my version does not include it and I cannot find it because I do not know what I am looking for. :)

However, am I correct in thinking that from now on I can just download new versions as they appear and use them? My settings will carry over into each new version, including the location of the databases?

They should do, yes. If there is ever any major incompatibility that I know about, I'll try to make sure to minimize the impact as well as try to ensure users know about it.
If you have games with multiple variations in the database, you might want to regenerate it, as support for that was added yesterday. Not really an issue with GoGoD, however.
One thing to keep in mind is that a random Github build might have issues. Generally, I try to test stuff fairly well before pushing to Github, but occasional mistakes do slip in. Whenever there haven't been any commits for a few days, it usually means I'm using it and it works fine for me.

This post by bernds was liked by: ez4u

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next