It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:25 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: q5go-2.1: Minor enhancements and fixes
Post #161 Posted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:40 am 
Gosei

Liked others: 202
Was liked: 203
so it will be? can we hope? :)

Post #162 Posted: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:36 am 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 44
Was liked: 10
bernds Thank you so much for the version with 52x52 support !!! a very big request, please add to the new version the ability to play between engines on a 52x52 board !!! some programs have support for large boards, but there is no way to make engine matches! besides that, your program is more convenient and beautiful! thanks!!! :)

Post #163 Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:56 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 46
Was liked: 116
Dragon wrote:
bernds Thank you so much for the version with 52x52 support !!! a very big request, please add to the new version the ability to play between engines on a 52x52 board !!! some programs have support for large boards, but there is no way to make engine matches! besides that, your program is more convenient and beautiful! thanks!!! :)

There's now a 2.1.1 release which should work.

This post by bernds was liked by 2 people: And, Dragon

Post subject: Re: q5go-2.1.1: Minor enhancements and fixes
Post #164 Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:30 am 
Gosei

@bernds
big, huge, giant thanks !!! :D

Post #165 Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:17 pm 
Dies in gote

bernds many thanks !!! it is wonderful!!!

Post #166 Posted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:15 pm 
Lives with ko

I've pushed out some new code that adds initial support for KataGo's rulesets. This is currently for live analysis only, and I've focused on making it guess the correct ruleset from the various bits of information in the SGF file. This is based on what I've found in GoGoD plus files from a few Go servers. I'm still unsure how many menu options I really want for various rulesets and their subvariations, so on top of "Best guess" there's only Chinese and Japanese so far. It's possible to influence the guess by editing the game information and changing the rules field, which may be the best way to do it if the SGF file doesn't properly specify the rules yet.

No binaries yet, but if someone wants to test I'd be interested in hearing whether it works well or has some shortcomings. One known issue: I don't know what to do about Ing rules, they aren't listed on the KataGo GTP extensions page.

Post #167 Posted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:14 pm 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 114
Was liked: 916
bernds wrote:
No binaries yet, but if someone wants to test I'd be interested in hearing whether it works well or has some shortcomings. One known issue: I don't know what to do about Ing rules, they aren't listed on the KataGo GTP extensions page.

There's no reason why you should need KataGo to name the rules for you to use them. KataGo's ruleset is fully documented at https://lightvector.github.io/KataGo/rules.html and every option here is indivdually toggleable, so if you want to support any new rules, you can find the closest combination of rules there and use that - and if there isn't a practically-exact match, you can ask other people specialized in rules beasts and corner cases for help in figuring what would be the closest match.

Or, if your research turns up that there is simply no 99%-correct match and you need a rule that is strongly distinct from the ones there, you can suggest to add it (but hopefully you also have a good proposal on how to make it well-defined enough to implement it programatically - e.g. if it's even 10% as complex as Japanese territory scoring, it might need some careful thought).

Post #168 Posted: Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:28 pm 
Beginner

Liked others: 2
Was liked: 0
Hey guys,

First things first. Congratulations for the program @bernds.
Also nice to see you here @lightvector (thanks for KataGo, I follow the development closely)

I guess not much people uses Gentoo linux here, but just in case.
I created a Gentoo overlay which includes a q5Go ebuild (there was none previously), so now everyone should be able to use q5Go with this repository in Gentoo.

You can find ebuild here: https://github.com/jl1990/gentoo-overlay/tree/master/games-board/q5Go and the repository is listed here: https://overlays.gentoo.org/.
It's my first ebuild, so feel free to submit bugs, PRs...

Post #169 Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:20 pm 
Gosei

during the game of two engines how to stop the game in order to continue later? save, then close? or does it not matter? is it possible to stop for a while? can add a pause button?

Post #170 Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:46 pm 
Lives with ko

jl1990 wrote:
I do, actually...
Quote:
I created a Gentoo overlay which includes a q5Go ebuild (there was none previously), so now everyone should be able to use q5Go with this repository in Gentoo.
Neat. You might want to add a "doc" USE flag which requires pandoc as a build dependency. The README will get installed if that program is present.

You probably also need a few additional dependencies beyond qtgui, such as qtsvg and qtmultimedia.

This post by bernds was liked by: jl1990

Post #171 Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:48 pm 
Lives with ko

And wrote:
during the game of two engines how to stop the game in order to continue later? save, then close? or does it not matter? is it possible to stop for a while? can add a pause button?

Possibly. Shouldn't be too hard, but maybe not the highest priority.

Post #172 Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:51 pm 
Lives with ko

lightvector wrote:
bernds wrote:

There's no reason why you should need KataGo to name the rules for you to use them. KataGo's ruleset is fully documented at https://lightvector.github.io/KataGo/rules.html and every option here is indivdually toggleable, so if you want to support any new rules, you can find the closest combination of rules there and use that - and if there isn't a practically-exact match, you can ask other people specialized in rules beasts and corner cases for help in figuring what would be the closest match.

The problem is I really don't understand Ing rules. My eyes glaze over whenever I start reading the ko rules. I guess it doesn't matter very much, I'll ignore them for now.

Post #173 Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:27 am 
Beginner

Liked others: 2
Was liked: 0
bernds wrote:
jl1990 wrote:
I do, actually...
Quote:
Neat. You might want to add a "doc" USE flag which requires pandoc as a build dependency. The README will get installed if that program is present.

You probably also need a few additional dependencies beyond qtgui, such as qtsvg and qtmultimedia.

Thanks for the feedback, I will apply those changes

Post subject: Re: q5go-2.1.2: Minor enhancements and fixes
Post #174 Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:41 am 
Lives with ko

I've uploaded a 2.1.2 bugfix release. In locales where a comma is used instead of a decimal point, SGF files (specifically the komi value) weren't written out properly. Pitfalls of the C/C++ standard library...

The new version should be able to load files written by the old one and save them correctly.

This post by bernds was liked by 2 people: And, Dragon

Post #175 Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:42 am 
Gosei

bernds
great - thank you very much! (Autoplay) :D

Post #176 Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:19 am 
Gosei

in the sidebar during analysis (primary move:), some coordinates are displayed incorrectly. e.g. (af19) - ('19), (ad19) - (^19)

Post #177 Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:34 am 
Lives with ko

And wrote:
in the sidebar during analysis (primary move:), some coordinates are displayed incorrectly. e.g. (af19) - ('19), (ad19) - (^19)

Is this with extra large board sizes?

Post #178 Posted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:36 am 
Gosei

yes, I noticed so far only on them (for example 37x37)

Post #179 Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:32 pm 
Dies in gote

bernds I also thank you very much for autoplay! :clap:

Post #180 Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:54 pm 
Dies in gote

bernds, https://github.com/bernds/q5Go/actions/runs/1039399331 and https://github.com/bernds/q5Go/actions/runs/1291776787 "This artifact has expired and you can no longer download it"
update please!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next