It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:31 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: ZBaduk - LeeLa Zero from your webbrowser
Post #81 Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:09 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 79
Was liked: 12
OGS: Maharani
Even with the full-featured trial, my main gripe with ZBaduk is playouts ceasing during analysis. There seems to be an automatic loss of connection after (almost exactly) twenty minutes. At this point, not only do the *displayed* playouts stop completely, but it is also possible to tell that the *actual* playouts have stopped because the ownership display freezes (which is usually active even if the displayed playouts have stopped). Moreover, if at that point I click a move onto the board, analysis of it will not even start. However, the loss of connection is not indicated by the "Connect..." button turning red. The site still shows that I'm connected even if I'm not.

I realize that analyzing a position for over twenty minutes (which averages (in my case?) about 300,000 to 400,000 playouts per bot) is not something most users are likely to need, but if this is a simple fix, I would welcome it greatly. :)

Post #82 Posted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:20 pm 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 11
Was liked: 48
KGS: LordVader
Maharani wrote:
Even with the full-featured trial, my main gripe with ZBaduk is playouts ceasing during analysis. There seems to be an automatic loss of connection after (almost exactly) twenty minutes.

Timeouts are a bit complex.
But you are correct, that not-changing-positions for 20 minutes results in a disconnect.
And I do think you make a valid point.

And I will increase this limit straightaway. 1 hour sounds way more reasonable.
that should allow users to get about 1 million readouts per bot.
(and please note, if you change position in between, you won't be disconnected at all of course).

UPDATE:
done

Post #83 Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:23 am 
Lives with ko

Sweet!! Thank you so much :)

EDIT - Doesn't seem to have gone into effect for me yet, it still stops reading after twenty minutes...

spook wrote:
(and please note, if you change position in between, you won't be disconnected at all of course).

Changing positions resets the (actual, not displayed) playouts for all moves, so it basically has the same effect *as if* you disconnected.

Post #84 Posted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:03 pm 
Lives with ko

You are correct, I overlooked something. (a second setting, which is used by the server.)
I have prepared a fix, and will install it this evening.

For other readers:
I did actually just install a minor bugfix for the front-end,
which fixes a bug which has to do with "pass" moves.

Post #85 Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:38 pm 
Beginner

Liked others: 1
Was liked: 3
KGS: tiantian
IGS: tiantian
Hi there, I saw above that ZBaduk is looking for sponsors. Is there somewhere where folks can donate in a small way, such as a kofi or patreon?

Post #86 Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:34 pm 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 109
Was liked: 34
GD Posts: 7
ZBaduk is great! The issue I'm having is that I cannot analyze handicap games. The handicap stones do not show in the UI. Ive tried it with files from OGS or KGS that work fine with Lizzie and LeelaZero.

Post #87 Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:01 pm 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 14
Was liked: 153
zermelo wrote:
*snip* The handicap stones do not show in the UI. *snip*

You might use a text editor to edit the SGF-file.

Handicap stones are coded with "AB" (= "add Black"), this will display in one of the first lines of the file.

E.g. four handicap stones are:
AB[pd][dp][dd][pp]

"[xy]" is the coding of one point on the board.

Replace "AB" with ";B" (= play a Black move) before each coordinate.
Additionally add three White moves as ";W[tt]" (= White passes).

;B[pd];W[tt];B[dp];W[tt];B[dd];W[tt];B[pp]

Save the file and start analysing the game. White's first move is #8 now, instead of #1.

Igo Hatsuyōron #120 (really solved by KataGo)

Post #88 Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:40 am 
Lives with ko

I didn't want to make it official yet.
But you can expect handicap features in a couple of days (maybe a week) from now.

Cassandra's workaround is correct, you could manipulate the SGF file.
Or for manual entry, you can use the pass button.
However, the winrate chart will look a little strange for the first moves of the game.
And they effectively be displayed as moves in the tree.

So, the only good solution is an update of ZBaduk.
It's coming!

This post by spook was liked by: zermelo

Post #89 Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:47 pm 
Lives with ko

First off, let me say thank you again for increasing the disconnect time from 20 minutes to 60 minutes. This greatly increased my enjoyment of ZBaduk, and I look forward to enjoying my year-long sponsorship. So when I keep coming back with suggestions, please know that it's because I love ZBaduk, not because I'm trying to be annoying :)

My current biggest pet-peeve is that the shades of white used to display projected ownership are nearly indistinguishable from each other. On a brightly lit screen, I can easily make out at least seven different shades of black, but only three shades of white at best (and even the brightest looks pretty shy). I would love if the brightness of projected white ownership could be increased :)

Secondly, I think this thread title and maybe your signature deserve an inclusion of KataGo? :)

Post #90 Posted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:49 pm 
Lives with ko

tenarofatuan wrote:
Hi there, I saw above that ZBaduk is looking for sponsors. Is there somewhere where folks can donate in a small way, such as a kofi or patreon?

Right now, there are 4 ways to support or sponsor ZBaduk: :study:

1. payed memberships
2. tell people about it: twitter, facebook, youtube, ... always appreciated !
3. if you are a company or like to sponsor/support ZBaduk in a bigger way, please contact me.
4. I tried a T-shirt sale some time ago, (not a big succes).

Because paypal is blocked in some countries, some people have e-mailed me looking for other payment options.
That's one of the reasons why I have been thinking about a "kickstarter project".
It would of course be an attempt to attract a bigger audience, but it would also allow other payment systems.
More people = more servers = all kind of advantages.
But it's a lot of work to set it up. (recording videos, set-up of rewards, ...)

Patreon sounds interesting. But I don't know much about it neither.
I can imagine that it's probably just as much work.

---

The handicap feature is done. :)
You can expect the update in a couple of hours.
Here's a preview.

Attachment:
handicap.jpg
handicap.jpg [ 266.8 KiB | Viewed 14187 times ]

---

Maharani wrote:
So when I keep coming back with suggestions, please know that it's because I love ZBaduk, not because I'm trying to be annoying :)

In all honesty, I appreciate your feedback a lot! :tmbup:

Maharani wrote:
I would love if the brightness of projected white ownership could be increased :)

I have been experimenting with this, but I haven't found a satisfying solution yet.
I'll keep you posted.

Maharani wrote:
Secondly, I think this thread title and maybe your signature deserve an inclusion of KataGo? :)

I don't know how to rename the thread. :scratch: Perhaps some admin can do this?
But you do have a point, and I have updated my signature straight away. ;-)

Post #91 Posted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:26 pm 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 200
Was liked: 30
Thanks for the wonderful webapp! I know you have been trying to add variable komi, I don't know if this helps, but here is a page of a guy who did it https://katago-gui.herokuapp.com/index_mobile#
All the best!

This post by go4thewin was liked by: Maharani

Post #92 Posted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:43 pm 
Lives with ko

go4thewin wrote:
Thanks for the wonderful webapp! I know you have been trying to add variable komi, I don't know if this helps, but here is a page of a guy who did it https://katago-gui.herokuapp.com/index_mobile#
All the best!

Thank you for the link go4thewin. It's certainly inspirational from a graphical point of view.

Indeed variable komi will be in the next release of ZBaduk. (to be expected in a week or 2).
And I have been going through katago's source code, and it looks like adding dynamic rulesets is also possible.

By the way, some may have noticed that I have been putting some minor updates during the weekend.
Sorry for possible disconnects. (I have been trying to avoid those). Some of the things I worked on:

I stumbled accross an issue with GPU drivers, for which the load balancer is updated now. :tmbup:
I have been working on password resets as well. - I know, this sounds like fundamental. :-?
And then of course a lot of plumbing for the dynamic komi (especially back-end side).

Post #93 Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:02 am 
Lives with ko

spook wrote:
Indeed variable komi will be in the next release of ZBaduk. (to be expected in a week or 2).

Awesome to hear - thank you! <333 Will this include the option for integer komi such as 7 (which KataGo does allow for)?

I've also noticed that the automatic disconnect seems to happen after more than sixty minutes now, which I also appreciate. :) Would you mind revealing the exact duration?

Post #94 Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:35 am 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 109
Was liked: 34
GD Posts: 7
Zbaduk is great! I use it all the time instead of my older cumbersome cloud gpu setup. I bought a 3-month subscription too and it's well worth the price.

One issue: KGS sgf's don't work when they have lot of comments. Zbaduk only shows the game up to the move with the offending comment. Probably something to do with some special characters or what not, because they work if I manually clean the comments.

Post #95 Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:48 pm 
Lives with ko

Maharani wrote:
Will this include the option for integer komi such as 7

Here's a preview of what I am developing:

Attachment:
demo.jpg
demo.jpg [ 38.16 KiB | Viewed 13958 times ]

Hmmm, ... you do have a point. As you can see, the connection screen starts to feel a little cramped, and I think in the long run, I have to redesign the entire screen, to add more options like "handicap", "network file", ... So, maybe I should release it as-is in the coming days, but then start working on a better connection screen in the coming weeks, which allows for integer komi.

Maharani wrote:
I've also noticed that the automatic disconnect seems to happen after more than sixty minutes now, which I also appreciate. :) Would you mind revealing the exact duration?

Users who have no payed membership will see a popup message every 2 minutes. Those users will also be disconnected after 5 minutes if they are idle. Of course, for payed users we don't show any of these popup messages. And users don't ever get disconnected if they are active. (i.e. clicking through variations). Next, ZBaduk makes a distinction between being idle and "completely idle". If a user is "completely idle", i.e. not calculating anything, then it will get disconnected after 20 minutes. If a user is "just idle", i.e. still calculating but the user shows no signs of life, then it will get disconnected after 60 minutes. But the system only checks it once every 10 minutes. (so, it could take slightly longer). - Does that answer your question ?

---

zermelo wrote:
One issue: KGS sgf's don't work when they have lot of comments. Zbaduk only shows the game up to the move with the offending comment. Probably something to do with some special characters or what not, because they work if I manually clean the comments.

If you send me the SGF file, I will debug it and provide a fix, promised :salute: . --> zbaduk361 at gmail dot com

PS: @Maharani and @Zermelo thank you for the kind feedback! :)

Post #96 Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:03 pm 
Lives with ko

It does not answer my question insofar as a couple of times, I was being "just idle" for longer than sixty minutes yet not disconnected, i. e. still caclculating, which I appreciated. :) Could the server have forgotten to check my idleness, yet still kept calculating?

Post #97 Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:30 pm 
Lives with ko

Finally, the ability to select komi, and also ruleset !
Only available if you select KataGo.

Attachment:
2020-02-09_022904.jpg
2020-02-09_022904.jpg [ 41.69 KiB | Viewed 13872 times ]

What needs to be done:
- if you first calculate with 7.5 komi, then reconnect and select 6.5 komi,
unfortunately, it will not clear previous statistics for you.
you have to clear those manually, using the clear statistics button in the "More..." dropdown.
- it does not automatically detect the komi and the ruleset of the SGF file yet, but I am working on that.

Originally, I was thinking about postponing integer komi values.
But in request of @Maharani, I did add a "Other komi" option in the dropdown which will enable you to enter any possible komi value.

(PS: I had to update the KataGo engine and its network as well to support the ruleset selection.
To be completely honest I guess I should clear the cached statistics. But I think it's better to cheat a little here, and keep those in.
As soon as the visits is exceeded they will be cleared anyway. Does that sound fair enough?)

There has been some tweaking in the SGF parsing as well. (to fix some bugs).
Unfortunately, more testing needs to be done there.
I will deal with this on monday :oops:

And last but not least. I added a password reset function and slightly redesigned login/registration pages.
Attachment:
login.jpg
login.jpg [ 25.93 KiB | Viewed 13870 times ]

Post #98 Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:55 pm 
Lives with ko

Thank you so. much. for implementing integer komi :) Also didn't know about the clear statistics option, super nice!

Post #99 Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:21 pm 
Lives with ko

My next big request for ZBaduk would be to investigate whether it is possible to use the "hide/show ownership" button without automatically losing connection to the server. This would be a beautiful "two birds with one yunzi" situation, because then I could use that button to show the server that I am "just idle" rather than "completely idle" and keep calculating for more than sixty minutes at a time ;)

Post #100 Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:14 am 
Lives with ko

Maharani wrote:
My next big request for ZBaduk would be to investigate whether it is possible to use the "hide/show ownership" button without automatically losing connection to the server. This would be a beautiful "two birds with one yunzi" situation, because then I could use that button to show the server that I am "just idle" rather than "completely idle" and keep calculating for more than sixty minutes at a time ;)

:shock: are you disconnected each time you use the "hide/show ownership" button ?
That's not supposed to happen. - * confused * :) a little more info please.
Also, feel free to send me an e-mail with screenshots or any additional info:
zbaduk361 at gmail dot com

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 12  Next