It is currently Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
Offline
 Post subject: European Go Journal: New Project Starts
Post #1 Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:09 am 
Dies in gote

Posts: 26
Liked others: 0
Was liked: 8
Rank: EGF 2p
KGS: artem92
Dear go community,

My name is Artem Kachanovskyi. I am a 2 dan professional of the European Go Federation: https://eurogofed.org/pros/kachanovskyi.html

I have just started a new project called "European Go Journal" - a monthly journal about the game of go, officially supported by the EGF.

The journal contains roughly 50 pages of A4 size, and consists of the following sections:
1. Go News - an overview of the most important news of the month, focusing on Europe but including major events worldwide. In this section, you will also see reviews of some games - one game from Europe and one game from the worldwide go arena (perhaps mostly a game of some top professional go players from Asia).
2. Reading material - interview and "art & photography" chapter.
3. Studying material - analysis of some positions using AI, go problems, tesuji of the month.

The journal is distributed in two forms: digital and printed.

Prices:
- digital edition (PDF file): 5 euro
- printed edition: 15 euro. Price of delivery is included.

Along with the journal you will receive a collection of professional game records, for studying.

The first edition of the journal (February 2021) is available free of charge. You can find more information, including the link to the first edition, in the article on the EGF website: https://eurogofed.org/index.html?id=308

If you like this kind of content, subsribe on Patreon to receive the following editions of the journal: https://www.patreon.com/europeangojournal


This post by artem.kachanovskyi was liked by 3 people: Harleqin, serbes, xiaodai
Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: European Go Journal: New Project Starts
Post #2 Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:42 pm 
Dies in gote

Posts: 47
Liked others: 22
Was liked: 29
Rank: AUS 2D
Wbaduk: 4k
OGS: 4k-8k
Hope it lasts. I think what would be awesome is a medium.com for Go content.

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: European Go Journal: New Project Starts
Post #3 Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:51 am 
Beginner

Posts: 18
Location: Karlsruhe/Germany
Liked others: 0
Was liked: 4
artem.kachanovskyi wrote:
Dear go community,
...
The first edition of the journal (February 2021) is available free of charge. You can find more information, including the link to the first edition, in the article on the EGF website: https://eurogofed.org/index.html?id=308

Thank you, Artem, for the initiative!

I ordered my printed copy today.

Yours,

Wilhelm

https://www.badengo.org/

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: European Go Journal: New Project Starts
Post #4 Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:48 am 
Lives in gote

Posts: 507
Liked others: 1
Was liked: 126
Rank: 13k
I wish you all success. I have subscribed to the printed version.

My experience working in the public relations industry for four decades urges me to make a few suggestions: a) Have enough content on file and in morgues to produce at least three issues; b) Content acquisition must be a group effort, supported by many people pursuing different aspects of the global go community; c) Content acquisition experts must be replaced if they're not performing so you should be grooming replacement personnel all the time (folks lose interest, get other jobs, move, fall ill); d) You will need a network of correspondents located all over the world to sustain publication goals; e) Set attainable goals and expectations for the next two or three issues; f) Re-evalaute your goals based on quantifiable results; g) Maintain enough emotional detachment and objectivity to realize when your goals are no longer attainable.

_________________
David Bogie, Boise ID
I play go, I ride a recumbent, of course I use Macintosh.


This post by bogiesan was liked by: Harleqin
Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: European Go Journal: New Project Starts
Post #5 Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:48 am 
Dies in gote

Posts: 26
Liked others: 0
Was liked: 8
Rank: EGF 2p
KGS: artem92
bogiesan wrote:
I wish you all success. I have subscribed to the printed version.

My experience working in the public relations industry for four decades urges me to make a few suggestions: a) Have enough content on file and in morgues to produce at least three issues; b) Content acquisition must be a group effort, supported by many people pursuing different aspects of the global go community; c) Content acquisition experts must be replaced if they're not performing so you should be grooming replacement personnel all the time (folks lose interest, get other jobs, move, fall ill); d) You will need a network of correspondents located all over the world to sustain publication goals; e) Set attainable goals and expectations for the next two or three issues; f) Re-evalaute your goals based on quantifiable results; g) Maintain enough emotional detachment and objectivity to realize when your goals are no longer attainable.


Thank you for the suggestions!

Indeed, the described is a very professional approach that should be a goal of the journal.

The project is just atarting, I hope to develop it with time, of course. One of the ideas is to attract other authors to write articles, or other professional players to make game reviews. That will be possible with time, when the income of the journal rises a little bit - although, I belive it will not take long.

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: European Go Journal: New Project Starts
Post #6 Posted: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:12 am 
Dies in gote
User avatar

Posts: 32
Liked others: 3
Was liked: 8
Rank: 1d
KGS: salerno
Great initiative, Artem, thank you.

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: European Go Journal: New Project Starts
Post #7 Posted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:23 am 
Dies in gote

Posts: 26
Liked others: 0
Was liked: 8
Rank: EGF 2p
KGS: artem92
Here are a few photos of the first European Go Journal printed:

Attachment:
FB_IMG_1615450133943.jpg
FB_IMG_1615450133943.jpg [ 70.75 KiB | Viewed 3044 times ]


Attachment:
FB_IMG_1615450139115.jpg
FB_IMG_1615450139115.jpg [ 56.31 KiB | Viewed 3044 times ]


Attachment:
FB_IMG_1615450143035.jpg
FB_IMG_1615450143035.jpg [ 60.45 KiB | Viewed 3044 times ]

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: European Go Journal: New Project Starts
Post #8 Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:58 pm 
Dies in gote

Posts: 26
Liked others: 0
Was liked: 8
Rank: EGF 2p
KGS: artem92
Attachment:
March 2021 front small.png
March 2021 front small.png [ 61.78 KiB | Viewed 2620 times ]
The March 2021 edition of the European Go Journal is almost ready for printing!
Inside it you will find:

- An interview with Mateusz Surma, 2 dan professional of the EGF.
- A game commentary of the final of the 45th Kisei title match between Iyama Yuta 9p and Kono Rin 9p.
- The debut of Dai Junfu 8d. He will write an ongoing series for the journal about the Thirty-six Stratagems, ancient Chinese wisdoms used in warfare, with examples from go games.
- Breathtaking tesujis compiled and explained by Alexander Dinerchtein 3p.

And a lot more exciting go content.

Subscribe on Patreon before the end of March in order to receive this month’s edition automatically: https://www.patreon.com/europeangojournal.


This post by artem.kachanovskyi was liked by: xiaodai
Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: European Go Journal: New Project Starts
Post #9 Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:21 pm 
Dies in gote

Posts: 31
Liked others: 7
Was liked: 1
Rank: KGS 10 kyu
KGS: SinKing
OGS: J__P__
Looks lovely. I'm a freelance writer (mostly covering the poker world) in my life away from the Go board, so when you reach this point let me know. I'd love to contribute to the project. :)

artem.kachanovskyi wrote:
One of the ideas is to attract other authors to write articles, or other professional players to make game reviews. That will be possible with time, when the income of the journal rises a little bit - although, I belive it will not take long.

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: European Go Journal: New Project Starts
Post #10 Posted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:14 pm 
Dies in gote

Posts: 26
Liked others: 0
Was liked: 8
Rank: EGF 2p
KGS: artem92
From now on, the European Go Journal provides a new kind of subscription to the digital edition: Go Club License. There is a 50% discount for each reader compared to the usual subscription. More information by the following link: https://www.patreon.com/posts/new-kind-of-go-50319994

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group