It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:36 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: FREE Download of Moyo Go Studio 2009 and game packs
Post #41 Posted: Wed May 19, 2010 12:55 pm 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 101
Was liked: 73
KGS: CarlJung
It should work.
Did you try hackinger's instructions in post #17? I guess mine in #16 would work too. It you still get the download issue, try downloading again.

Btw, I see that Frank has heavily edited his last blog entry. If you have been keeping up with Frank vs. the world it's worth a re-read :)

Post #42 Posted: Wed May 19, 2010 1:04 pm 
Beginner

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 0
I will try again then,thank you very much!About the discussion about the author;even if I personnaly do not understand how it is possible to think like he does today;I'm just looking for a good go programm.If his is a good one,then I'll use it for his quality.Creator's opinions and creation are something altogether différent to me;even if I completely understand opinions of people who don't wanna use it

Post #43 Posted: Fri May 21, 2010 11:54 am 
Beginner

I managed to install the programm but when I start it,my computer slow down and a message appears,telling me"incorrect parameter".Do you know what the problem is?Sorry to bother you again...

Post #44 Posted: Fri May 21, 2010 1:20 pm 
Lives in gote

Try the troubleshooting section in the manual:
http://www.moyogo.com/MoyoGo.htm

Post #45 Posted: Fri May 21, 2010 3:41 pm 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 3
Was liked: 15
GD Posts: 98
KGS: Prophet19
hmm odd, following those fixes it worked a few times. but now after 2-3 days of not running it. and not installing anything new. it is back to locking up on start >.< even uninstalling it /reinstalling it using the fixes does nothing

Post #46 Posted: Fri May 21, 2010 4:18 pm 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 70
Was liked: 8
KGS: Sujisan 12 kyu
OGS: Sujisan 13 kyu
CarlJung wrote:
It should work.
Did you try hackinger's instructions in post #17? I guess mine in #16 would work too. It you still get the download issue, try downloading again.

Btw, I see that Frank has heavily edited his last blog entry. If you have been keeping up with Frank vs. the world it's worth a re-read :)

I do have to say that I did indeed follow your instructions and they worked like a charm. :D

Post #47 Posted: Mon May 24, 2010 6:49 pm 
Dies in gote

Was liked: 4
Moyogo Interesting Software.

I have tried before 2007.

From one side good that it's free,from another side it will be no new versions :(

Does author planing to Make Some Game Packs in future?

Post #48 Posted: Tue May 25, 2010 1:41 am 
Gosei

Liked others: 1562
Was liked: 140
GD Posts: 892
From his post, I don't think he plans on making anything else with it for now. But you can always add game collections to the database by themselves, without using a game pack.

Post #49 Posted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:59 pm 
Beginner

KGS: yeellow
POGO wrote:
hmm odd, following those fixes it worked a few times. but now after 2-3 days of not running it. and not installing anything new. it is back to locking up on start >.< even uninstalling it /reinstalling it using the fixes does nothing

I have the same problem, did you manage to solve it? Or anyone else? Does Moyo go still work for you after some time? It's quite frustrating...

Post #50 Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:24 am 
Beginner

Liked others: 1
Jonas wrote:
Quote:
True, I have not found, not even after years of searching, any credible evidence that people ever were gassed and incinerated by the Nazi’s[...]

...I'm not downloading this software even if it were the last exe-file on the globe.

Hi

i`ve just downloaded 28% of moyo.exe then i read this from Jonas.
Jonas and i may have a very similar opinion about Nazi supporters.
Absolute nogo software for me.

Post #51 Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:47 pm 
Lives in gote

yeellow wrote:
POGO wrote:

I have the same problem, did you manage to solve it? Or anyone else? Does Moyo go still work for you after some time? It's quite frustrating...

Are you using Windows Defender?

Post #52 Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:03 pm 
Beginner

CarlJung wrote:
yeellow wrote:
POGO wrote:

THANKS A LOT!!! Indeed, I was using it. Although I read it could be a problem, so I turned off permanent scanning (or something like that) it did not help. After reading your post I turned it off for good and Moyo go works again now :) I hope it stays like that, I wonder if Windows defender damages Moyo go's files? I would prefer to be able to turn it off just for Moyo go usage and to use it otherwise, but if it is not possible, I will keep it turned off.

And for the record, I'm not a nazi supporter. Frank was often behaving like a jerk, he has some serious mental issues (he wrote about it many times) and I don't think he really thinks what he sometimes writes. He insulted me few times unprovoked when I tried to help him developing Moyo go, but still I think he is a brilliant programmer and Moyo go is a first class program.

BTW, Fisher was quite an ugly type (or just ill) in his older life, so was Alechin, but I still enjoy reading their chess books and watching their games.

[EDIT:] Unfortunately it stopped working again today. Defender was turned off. Any other ideas? Does it work for anybody using Windows 7 64bit for more than a few days?

Cheers,
Marcin

Post #53 Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:21 pm 
Lives in gote

yeellow wrote:
CarlJung wrote:

THANKS A LOT!!! Indeed, I was using it. Although I read it could be a problem, so I turned off permanent scanning (or something like that) it did not help. After reading your post I turned it off for good and Moyo go works again now :) I hope it stays like that, I wonder if Windows defender damages Moyo go's files? I would prefer to be able to turn it off just for Moyo go usage and to use it otherwise, but if it is not possible, I will keep it turned off.

This is just an uneducated guess, but I don't think Defender damages the files. I think it's just preventing Moyo go to execute in the way it wants. Once you disable it, it won't interfere. Again, I'm just guessing.

IIRC even the Moyo go installer uses self modifying code (or executes code that isn't marked as executable or whatever it was), something that has legitimate uses but is most commonly used in malware. Since it's mostly used by malware, and Microsoft wants to prevent those, legitimate software is affected if it uses such features.

Post #54 Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:37 pm 
Beginner

CarlJung wrote:
yeellow wrote:
CarlJung wrote:

This is just an uneducated guess, but I don't think Defender damages the files. I think it's just preventing Moyo go to execute in the way it wants. Once you disable it, it won't interfere. Again, I'm just guessing.

IIRC even the Moyo go installer uses self modifying code (or executes code that isn't marked as executable or whatever it was), something that has legitimate uses but is most commonly used in malware. Since it's mostly used by malware, and Microsoft wants to prevent those, legitimate software is affected if it uses such features.

Unfortunately it stopped working again next day... Does it work for you? What OS do you have?

Post #55 Posted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:51 pm 
Lives in gote

yeellow wrote:
Unfortunately it stopped working again next day... Does it work for you? What OS do you have?

I'm using the retail version on Win7 64 bit and it works every time. I accidentaly deleted the virtual machine I installed the free version in, but I doubt it's the version that the problem. Specifically, I'm not using Windows Defender. I use the free Avast antivirus, and have set the proper exceptions in DEP.

Post #56 Posted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:03 am 
Beginner

CarlJung wrote:
yeellow wrote:

I'm using the retail version on Win7 64 bit and it works every time. I accidentaly deleted the virtual machine I installed the free version in, but I doubt it's the version that the problem. Specifically, I'm not using Windows Defender. I use the free Avast antivirus, and have set the proper exceptions in DEP.

Well, I have the same configuration (OS, Avast). It seems that it would be difficult to find the source of the problem, it can be anything... Good to know that it's (rahter) not Avast. I will try experimenting and I will post here if I solve it.

Post #57 Posted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:29 am 
Beginner

GD Posts: 4
He could release a paper in his pattern maching algorithm, now that he isn't trying to sell it or develop it anymore... instead of biching others that get the credit for things that he claim to have done before.

And well, trying to run it in my virtual machine. It is good to have one of those at hand. :cool:

Post #58 Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:46 am 
Dies in gote

GD Posts: 68
I have posted a paper with the exact algorithm on how the pattern system works. It has been available on my site for years as a PDF.

Post #59 Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:26 am 
Lives in gote

FrankdeGroot wrote:
I have posted a paper with the exact algorithm on how the pattern system works. It has been available on my site for years as a PDF.

I remember reading that you had an improved algorithm that hasn't yet been released. I'd be extatic to know more about it.

If I ever get eons of free time I'm hoping to one day implement your algorithm. I don't see how I could muster the time needed any time soon though :) Perhaps when I retire. Only 32 more years to go :)

Post #60 Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:12 am 
Dies in gote

GD Posts: 68
My 1st algo was the Baysian approach published by MS. My improved algo is the one on my site.

BTW Mr. Jung, where in Sweden do you live? In ten days or so we'll be travelling all through Sweden with our campervan and could drop by :-)

EDIT That's very much south of the southernmost part we'll be visiting..

Last edited by FrankdeGroot on Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next