It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:30 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: FREE Download of Moyo Go Studio 2009 and game packs
Post #81 Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:24 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 101
Was liked: 73
KGS: CarlJung
daal wrote:
Javaness wrote:
http://google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?tpl=safari&site=www.unfictional.com&hl=en looks ominous for any current searchers, 3rd party malware warning

Is this relevant to anything?

Possibly. The download for MGS is hosted on unfictional.com, and that site has been labeled by google as spreading malware. It's possible that the web server has been compromised in some way. It's unlikely that it's the MGS software itself that has been labeled as malware.

Post #82 Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:59 am 
Beginner

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 0
I think Frank is very busy, I did not contact him yet. Anyone who is willing to provide the software, I'll comtact him, and obtain his consent.
If anyone will to provide the installation file? Thank you.

Post #83 Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:01 am 
Lives in gote

I have the installation files. But I'm not redistributing them without Frank's permission.

Post #84 Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:32 am 
Beginner

Was liked: 0
CarlJung wrote:
I have the installation files. But I'm not redistributing them without Frank's permission.

Very glad to have your reply. I've pm Frank. But I do not know when he reply to me. If he reply, I will forward his message to you. Then would you copy the files to give me.

Post #85 Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:34 am 
Dies in gote

Was liked: 4
GD Posts: 68
Anyone redistributing those files will be dealt with with extreme prejudice. I hope everybody understands that Copyright violation is a criminal offence.
I will contact your local police wherever you live - China, Viet Nam and pay them to have you arrested if I have to. Do not start a fight with me by stealing my work - you'll dearly regret it.

Unfictional got hacked and I am re-uploading the files. The only thing that got hacked was the wordpress install on that site, not my files.

And I think zhzj should get his IP address banned for saying he intented to pirate Go software. I hope that me having "controversial opinions" will not let people get away with using this forum to solicit software piracy. Whoever own this forum - your moderators are sleeping - if this happens again, I'll have to see what can be done about this.

Post #86 Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:47 am 
Oza

Liked others: 1304
Was liked: 1128
Take a deep breath Frank. As far as I can tell, nobody wanted to do anything with your software without obtaining your prior consent.

Post #87 Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:16 am 
Judan

Liked others: 1102
Was liked: 1456
GD Posts: 1512
Kaya handle: Test
FrankdeGroot wrote:
... Whoever own this forum - your moderators are sleeping ...

Speaking as an admin...

[admin]

We don't read every post, and it is not practical for us to try to do so. But we regularly look at the list of reported posts. To report a post, all you have to do is click on the little red exclamation mark icon in the lower right corner of the post.

[/admin]

This post by Joaz Banbeck was liked by: SpongeBob

Post #88 Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:45 pm 
Judan

Speaking as an admin...

[admin]

Gentlemen,

There are several posts here that are unnecessarily provocative. Can you all please ease off just a little?

@FrankdeGroot: The admins/owners of this site do not condone software piracy, and will try to prevent it from happening on this site. ( Check out http://www.lifein19x19.com/forum/viewto ... 047#p26047 )
We do something as soon as we see it, and most often we see it when someone reports a post. You do not need to resort to threats, just report it to us by clicking on the red exclamation mark.
It is not clear to me that zhzj intends to violate copyright. In two of his three posts he specifically mentions getting your permission. Given that fact, and the fact that English is obviously not his native language, I am not inclined to infer malicious intent from his posts.

@Zhzj: I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here. I trust that you will continue to seek permission before making copies of copyrighted software.

@CarlJung: Thank you for the principled stand.

-JB

[/admin]

Post #89 Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:49 pm 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 105
Was liked: 123
Has there ever been a Frank de Groot thread that hasn't ended up a disaster? Honestly, why must we always fall into the trap of providing this guy with a platform? There's no need for warnings. Just lock the damn thread and throw away the key. :roll:

This post by deja was liked by 2 people: imabuddha, Redbeard

Post #90 Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:26 pm 
Lives in gote

deja wrote:
Has there ever been a Frank de Groot thread that hasn't ended up a disaster? Honestly, why must we always fall into the trap of providing this guy with a platform? There's no need for warnings. Just lock the damn thread and throw away the key. :roll:

Oh come on, what would a discussion forum be without heated discussion :) Not every thread need to be bland.

Post #91 Posted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:54 am 
Dies in gote

I think the worst part of this thread is a call to exterminate all people who are "rich"..

Post #92 Posted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:45 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 351
Was liked: 66
FrankdeGroot wrote:
I think the worst part of this thread is a call to exterminate all people who are "rich"..

No, a prior poster said "Eat the Rich".

Post #93 Posted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:06 pm 
Judan

imabuddha wrote:
No, a prior poster said "Eat the Rich".

One of my favorite books.

Attachment:
PJORourkeEatTheRich.jpg
PJORourkeEatTheRich.jpg [ 68.51 KiB | Viewed 10224 times ]

Post #94 Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:25 am 
Dies in gote

Important announcement:

Some people let their browser ask Microsoft or Google every time they visit a URL whether MS/Google thinks that site is "safe". The site that hosted the files had a hacked WP install, and Google keeps saying it's a "malware site". First of all I think it's a bad idea to give Google/MS your browsing history, secondly: There is absolutely no malware in the Moyo Go Studio files. Any virus check will show that - except some signature-based programs, they can be triggered by some sequences in the enormous, compressed files.

I deleted the hacked old Wordpress install, in fact I deleted the entire site's contents, that is why the files were not available. I will ask Google to re-scan the site and I hope the malware warning will go away.

Post #95 Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:26 am 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 24
Was liked: 59
GD Posts: 227
KGS: Aphelion02
Mod Edit: Content removed in entirety... Let's play nicely

Post #96 Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:28 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 92
Was liked: 80
KGS: LocoRon
Aphelion wrote:
Mod Edit: Content removed in entirety... Let's play nicely

Wow. Considering some of the things I've seen on these forums, I'm really curious to know what was originally said here. XD

(Unless that was the original post, just phrased that way as a joke. Do mod edits leave a "last edited" trail like normal user edits?)

Post #97 Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:44 pm 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 24
Was liked: 59
GD Posts: 227
KGS: Aphelion02
It wasn't nearly so bad....

Post #98 Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:30 pm 
Dies in gote

OK folks, thanks for your patience, links all work again, malware removed, asked Google to re-scan the site. I'm amazed at how many people don't turn off the "send my entire browsing history to Google/MS/Firefox" in their browsers..

Last edited by FrankdeGroot on Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

This post by FrankdeGroot was liked by 2 people: Li Kao, topazg

Post #99 Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:46 pm 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 102
Was liked: 66
KGS: stalkor
i see this program has an audio feature, i tried opening an audio embedded sgf on cgoban but i got no audio. is it possible to play audiogolectures from another sgfviewer so i can integrate it in websites or something?

Post #100 Posted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:25 pm 
Lives in gote

stalkor wrote:
i see this program has an audio feature, i tried opening an audio embedded sgf on cgoban but i got no audio. is it possible to play audiogolectures from another sgfviewer so i can integrate it in websites or something?

Cgoban doesn't support the audio tag that Moyo Go Studio uses. I'm not aware of any other sgf editor/browser that does.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next