It is currently Tue May 23, 2017 12:01 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
Offline
 Post subject: Re: FREE Download of Moyo Go Studio 2009 and game packs
Post #61 Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:28 am 
Lives in gote
User avatar

Posts: 429
Location: Sweden
Liked others: 101
Was liked: 72
Rank: SDK
KGS: CarlJung
Bjuv

_________________
FusekiLibrary, an opening library.
SGF converter tools: Wbaduk NGF to SGF | 440 go problems | Fuseki made easy | Tesuji made easy | Elementary training & Dan level testing | Dan Tutor Shortcut To Dan

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: FREE Download of Moyo Go Studio 2009 and game packs
Post #62 Posted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:51 pm 
Dies in gote

Posts: 51
Liked others: 25
Was liked: 5
Rank: 4d
GD Posts: 262
Jordus wrote:
CarlJung wrote:
Works correctly on Vista.
I had to add an exception for DEP for the setup program. How to do it is described in the manual on the moyogo page. The exception is needed not only for AMD cpu's but Intel as well.


Ah you are right. It does work on vista. Just run the setup file as an administrator.


"run the setup file as an administrator."

Right... :roll:

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: FREE Download of Moyo Go Studio 2009 and game packs
Post #63 Posted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:26 pm 
Beginner

Posts: 5
Liked others: 0
Was liked: 0
Rank: KGS 4 kyu
KGS: yeellow
Funny thing, I installed yesterday MoyoGo on another computer with Windows 7 64bit with a default DEP option (turned on, no exception) and with an active defender. Also, I did not run it in compatibility mode and not as an administrator (although my account has administrator rights). It worked perfectly, even after reboot! I will wait few days to see what happens, but the problem seems to be somewhere else, because I did not follow the advices from this forum and it worked.

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: FREE Download of Moyo Go Studio 2009 and game packs
Post #64 Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:01 pm 
Dies in gote

Posts: 66
Liked others: 0
Was liked: 0
Rank: KGS 4 kyu
I've installed moyogo without putting the .exe in the DEP thing and it didnt't work.
Then I read here the DEP thing, installed the .exe (the install was different and I thought it was going to work).
But now I've got a "défaillance irrémédiable" (irremdiable failure/breakdown ? sry for the poor translation) when I launch the program. Then it open a window but nothing seems to work...

I've read the moyogo trouble shooting but didn't find anything on my case...

I'm running on a XP SP3 with 2 GB RAM (so it's not a low RAM problem)... Edit : my graphic card is a motherboard chipset... Could it be this ?

If anyone as an idea I will be very happy ! :D

Thanks anyway ;)

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: FREE Download of Moyo Go Studio 2009 and game packs
Post #65 Posted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:30 pm 
Gosei
User avatar

Posts: 1605
Location: San Diego
Liked others: 617
Was liked: 480
Universal go server handle: Bantari
Kirby wrote:
I don't know much about the Frank debate, but I don't have any real qualms against him. I don't "hate" anybody in this world. That's the thing I like about my signature - to know all is to forgive all.

From the little I've seen of Frank, he seems to have wild opinions... But if I understood Frank more, maybe I could relate to him. The same goes for anyone - even people I disagree with or get mad at.

So for me, it comes down to considering if downloading the software is wrong. It's free, so I'm certainly not supporting a bad cause. The only reason I can think of not downloading the software would be if I had a thing against Frank. But as explained earlier, I don't really have a thing against anybody - I just don't understand every person all of the time. But with enough understanding, I would.


I think the above should be read multiple times by most posters here, me included.
Its probably the wisest thing anybody has said on this forum. Ever.

_________________
- Bantari
______________________________________________
WARNING: This post might contain Opinions!!

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: FREE Download of Moyo Go Studio 2009 and game packs
Post #66 Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:30 am 
Lives with ko
User avatar

Posts: 227
Location: Osnabrück, Germany
Liked others: 28
Was liked: 24
Rank: EGF 1d WBaduk 4d
wisest and maybe most naive thing ;)

I believe even if you're able to comprehend Franks motives this doesnt mean that you will agree with him, because everybody has a different code of ethics / morals (dont know if this is the right wording ~_~).
Each person is unique which means we will never be able to understand everybodys inward urge.

While I was in school I had the opportunity to visit the "KZ Lublin" with my class. I think I'll never forget what I saw there... hundreds, thousands shoes stacked to huge mountains. Frank denies the past from which we all can (and should) learn an imporant lesson...thats the reason I have a thing against him.

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: FREE Download of Moyo Go Studio 2009 and game packs
Post #67 Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:16 pm 
Gosei
User avatar

Posts: 1605
Location: San Diego
Liked others: 617
Was liked: 480
Universal go server handle: Bantari
Jonas wrote:
wisest and maybe most naive thing ;)

I believe even if you're able to comprehend Franks motives this doesnt mean that you will agree with him, because everybody has a different code of ethics / morals (dont know if this is the right wording ~_~).
Each person is unique which means we will never be able to understand everybodys inward urge.

While I was in school I had the opportunity to visit the "KZ Lublin" with my class. I think I'll never forget what I saw there... hundreds, thousands shoes stacked to huge mountains. Frank denies the past from which we all can (and should) learn an imporant lesson...thats the reason I have a thing against him.


The second part of your post is loaded and sort-of political, so I will not get into this discussion.
Suffice it to say that I have visited quite a few such places, both in Poland and in Germany, so I know what you are talking about.
As for Frank, I do not know his views on this matter, so I cannot comment. My guess would be that he does not deny it happened but disagrees with some of the ways the events are currently portrayed by certain groups in the world. At least this is the line I usually get from people taking similar stance. Personally, I feel there is room for both positions: understanding what has happened and grieving for the past as well as for having an opinion about or disagreeing with how the past is used to shape the future. Its not mutually exclusive, and trying to make it so just shows intolerance. But that's just a general observation, not necessarily connected to this case.

The first part... you might be right.
But, by the same reasoning, you cannot say you disagree before you understand these motives... Or at least - you should try to understand them before you form the judgment. I think it is just the right thing to do to try to understand people at some deeper level regardless of the fact that you agree or disagree with them.

This was, I believe, the gist of the message I was commenting on.
I do not find it as naive as you do. But hey, whatever rocks your boat, mate.

_________________
- Bantari
______________________________________________
WARNING: This post might contain Opinions!!

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: FREE Download of Moyo Go Studio 2009 and game packs
Post #68 Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:56 pm 
Lives in gote
User avatar

Posts: 379
Liked others: 105
Was liked: 122
Yeah, and what's with all this Copernicus nonsense? Heliocentric my firmament! Where's the evidence? Pictures, video footage, eye witness accounts, science? Yeah right! We need to keep an open mind about such things and be tolerant of geocentric points of views. These folks honestly and firmly believe that the sun, moon and stars revolve around the earth, which therefore makes their beliefs unassailable. Just who do these hoity-toity scientist think they are anyway telling us some points of view are wrong. I respect all beliefs because... someone believes them.

_________________
"This is a game that rewards patience and balance. You must think like a man of action and act like a man of thought."
-Jonas Skarssen

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: FREE Download of Moyo Go Studio 2009 and game packs
Post #69 Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:44 pm 
Lives with ko

Posts: 254
Location: Miyazaki, Japan
Liked others: 337
Was liked: 64
I believe this thread is no longer about Go.
:-|

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: FREE Download of Moyo Go Studio 2009 and game packs
Post #70 Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:56 pm 
Lives with ko

Posts: 178
Liked others: 1
Was liked: 22
Rank: 2 dan
GD Posts: 10
KGS: usagi
Moy Tai Chung wrote:
I do not care about what took place between some folks and Frank, that's in the past. I just want to share some great sofeware at a better price (can't beat FREE).


I like the look of MoyoGo, but I cannot forget what Frank said to me on usenet a few years ago. There are some things you don't say to people. If I threatened to track you down and kill you because you didn't like the operating system I used, how would you feel? Not that that's what he said. Not exactly, I suppose. But jeez. How can you trust a guy like that? If I install it, it might wipe my HD. No joke, things like that have happened before. But hey, if he doesn't have it out for you, why worry, right?

It's really unfortunate that some things were said in the past, but the past is the past, yes, and we all remember it. You don't go around threatening people's lives, and I wasn't the only one he threatened. His rep is trash in the go community. Unless you don't know him, I guess.

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: FREE Download of Moyo Go Studio 2009 and game packs
Post #71 Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:47 am 
Dies in gote
User avatar

Posts: 29
Location: Denmark
Liked others: 44
Was liked: 8
Rank: KGS 1 kyu
GD Posts: 6
usagi wrote:
It's really unfortunate that some things were said in the past, but the past is the past, yes, and we all remember it. You don't go around threatening people's lives, and I wasn't the only one he threatened. His rep is trash in the go community. Unless you don't know him, I guess.


What people who "know" Frank tend to forget is his illness.

On rec.games.go in 2004 he wrote:

"I have a chronic brain infection (neuroborreliosis) for which I take
antibiotics that make me extremely agressive in flares. It is called "Lyme
rage" (look it up with Google) In fact, always having been non-violent, I
have physically attacked people just for looking funny at me, that is how
they discovered something was wrong. It is called encephalopathy or
encephalitis or whatever. It is good that these discussions are by email
otherwise I would be tempted to rip out people's guts just for suggesting
that my idea is not 100% perfect. :)

On top of that, since you asked, I have Borderline Personality Disorder.
Those people are really nasty to have discussions with. They tend to see
everything as a personal attack.
All this self-insight doesn't help one iota to become calmer however, and it
certainly is no excuse.

Kindest regards,
Frank "

I wish people had been more understanding towards Frank over the years. His illness may not excuse all that he has said and done, but many who knew about his illness could certainly have shown more consideration, and I personally think that the go-community carries at least a part of the responsibility that things escalated.

So, usagi, while I do understand that forgiveness is especially hard to find for serious threats made by somebody you only know from the internet: would you be able to forgive your grandfather with Alzheimer for making similar threats? Or - if that comparison is to far-fetched - somebody from the go-community/your go-club having the same disorders as Frank? Thinking through such comparisons might be a good exercise for you and others, I think.

I know it is probably too late for a reconciliation, but it would be nice if at least the go-community were able to let past be the past and stop making hateful remarks about Frank. After all, he created a very nice program for us, and those of us having qualms about copyright issues with the database can always additionally buy GoGOD and Smartgo (which I have done, though for other reasons). I think it is a great pity to mark this fine free program as not kosher, when (as far as I have understood) only the exchangable database is questionable.


This post by Aeneas was liked by: Phelan
Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: FREE Download of Moyo Go Studio 2009 and game packs
Post #72 Posted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:58 am 
Lives in gote
User avatar

Posts: 429
Location: Sweden
Liked others: 101
Was liked: 72
Rank: SDK
KGS: CarlJung
That old usenet post is what I have kept in mind over the years when reading Frank's posts.

_________________
FusekiLibrary, an opening library.
SGF converter tools: Wbaduk NGF to SGF | 440 go problems | Fuseki made easy | Tesuji made easy | Elementary training & Dan level testing | Dan Tutor Shortcut To Dan


This post by CarlJung was liked by: Phelan
Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: FREE Download of Moyo Go Studio 2009 and game packs
Post #73 Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:30 pm 
Lives with ko

Posts: 169
Liked others: 6
Was liked: 27
Rank: 3k
KGS: dankenzon
After spending almost 3 hours installing/un-installing I did all the tricks (compatibilty, Exception, run as admin) for the setup, and the installed program.

I just got the same Parameter error and a white screen.

:( I didn't find a way to run in W7
and yes, I did all the troubleshooting manual.. tried.. then reconfigure compatibilty, and tried.. tired and sad.
I'll have to have an XP virtual machine just to run it?

Dkzn

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: FREE Download of Moyo Go Studio 2009 and game packs
Post #74 Posted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:24 pm 
Dies in gote

Posts: 32
Liked others: 0
Was liked: 4
GD Posts: 68
I deleted the rest of this long, informative posting I spent an hour writing because a moderator deleted the most important part of it. I want no part of your hate. Good luck playing your games.


Last edited by FrankdeGroot on Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:34 am, edited 5 times in total.
Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: FREE Download of Moyo Go Studio 2009 and game packs
Post #75 Posted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:00 pm 
Lives with ko

Posts: 254
Location: Miyazaki, Japan
Liked others: 337
Was liked: 64
FrankdeGroot wrote:
You, the Go community - I consider you all my time unworthy, hence me giving it away for free but also not developing it further.

Yet here you are posting a lot of delusional B.S. :roll:

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: FREE Download of Moyo Go Studio 2009 and game packs
Post #76 Posted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:52 am 
Beginner

Posts: 2
Liked others: 0
Was liked: 0
Rank: KGS 8 dan
GD Posts: 2
KGS: joeyhung
Hi everyone,

I justed visited http://www.MoyoGo.com. However, I was not able to download the software due to broken links.
Does anyone know any alternative download links?

Joey

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: FREE Download of Moyo Go Studio 2009 and game packs
Post #77 Posted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:28 am 
Beginner

Posts: 3
Liked others: 0
Was liked: 0
Does anyone have the installation files, would you will to share it? If you prefer, I will provide an ftp server that you can upload it. In this case, we can make more people to use to this software. You can send me Email: zhzj.info @ gmail.com or pm me.Thank you very much!

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: FREE Download of Moyo Go Studio 2009 and game packs
Post #78 Posted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:20 am 
Lives in gote
User avatar

Posts: 429
Location: Sweden
Liked others: 101
Was liked: 72
Rank: SDK
KGS: CarlJung
Have you tried contacting Frank?

_________________
FusekiLibrary, an opening library.
SGF converter tools: Wbaduk NGF to SGF | 440 go problems | Fuseki made easy | Tesuji made easy | Elementary training & Dan level testing | Dan Tutor Shortcut To Dan

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: FREE Download of Moyo Go Studio 2009 and game packs
Post #79 Posted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:46 am 
Lives with ko

Posts: 293
Liked others: 10
Was liked: 41
http://google.com/safebrowsing/diagnost ... .com&hl=en looks ominous for any current searchers, 3rd party malware warning

Top
 Profile  
 
Offline
 Post subject: Re: FREE Download of Moyo Go Studio 2009 and game packs
Post #80 Posted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:03 pm 
Oza
User avatar

Posts: 2341
Liked others: 1147
Was liked: 1041
Javaness wrote:
http://google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?tpl=safari&site=www.unfictional.com&hl=en looks ominous for any current searchers, 3rd party malware warning


Is this relevant to anything?

_________________
These moves are not part of a regular dan repertoire... - Knotwilg

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Solomon and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group