It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 7:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pandanet-AGA City League Registration Opens
Post #1 Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:01 pm 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 41
Was liked: 87
GD Posts: 111
Registration is now open for the inaugural season the Pandanet-AGA City League. Fully sponsored and funded by Pandanet, this new online tournament will provide players an opportunity for regional competition. “This is an exciting new opportunity to develop our go community here in the US,” says AGA President Andy Okun. “Thanks to Pandanet for a great competition that will build up the US go community in new ways.” Teams will consist of four players, three of which will play in each round on a rotating basis, and a non-playing team captain. Each team will represent a city or a region. The tournament format will be double round robin, with 10 rounds each season. The top six teams will make up an “A” League and will play a double round-robin with each other throughout the year on the International Go Server (IGS). A final round between the top two teams in the A League will be played at the US Go Congress. Other teams will be placed into a “B” League and possibly a third, “C” League. The top finisher in the B League moves up to the A League after each season, replacing the bottom A League team. Registration for Season 1 closes December 20, 2012 and the first season will begin January 1st on an accelerated schedule, with all following seasons beginning September 1st of each year. In addition to generous cash prizes provided by Pandanet, teams are encouraged to seek their own local sponsors to provide the team with travel, training, game-fees, celebration and community events. “Teams of all strengths are welcomed and encouraged to register!” says tournament director Jon Boley. Click here for tournament information, procedures, and rules. Click here to register online.

This post by vash3g was liked by 2 people: Mef, xed_over

Post subject: Re: Pandanet-AGA City League Registration Opens
Post #2 Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:53 pm 
Lives with ko

A reminder that there are over $10,000 in prizes for the tournament winners.

Post #3 Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:31 pm 
Oza

Liked others: 251
Was liked: 549
KGS: oren
Tygem: oren740, orenl
IGS: oren
Wbaduk: oren
Is there a way to see who has registered already?

Post #4 Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:33 pm 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 19
Universal go server handle: ProtoJazz
hmm. I might see if I can get 2 others to join up. Were not that high rank, but it might be fun. If nothing else I spent the $10 and joined the AGA, now that I know they are not exclusive to the US

Post #5 Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:50 am 
Lives with ko

oren wrote:
Is there a way to see who has registered already?

As we just opened up registration no teams have registered yet. As we get registrations they will start to be posted on the web pages.

Post #6 Posted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:02 pm 
Beginner

Was liked: 0
KGS: farmer
IGS: farmer
----- Forwarded Message -----
To: Karoline Burrall <karoline.burrall@usgo.org>
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2012 1:06 PM
Subject: New Pandanet-AGA City League Seeking Teams

Dear strong players,

There is a month left to register for the new Pandanet-AGA City League! The league will feature year-long regional competition between teams of players from the same cities or regions, with $15,000 in prizes sponsored by Pandanet - we encourage you to form teams and register! The first season will begin January 1, 2013, ending with a final round between the two strongest players at the US Go Congress 2013 in Seattle. We have registrations of teams from Nashville TN, Syracuse NY, and Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill NC. Following is the announcement that went out in the EJournal, and links to the rules page and registration. Please pass this information along to any players who may be interested, I look forward to having a full and exciting competition with lots of cities and regions participating! Any questions can be emailed to cityleague@usgo.org, or you can reply to this email.

Information: http://www.usgo.org/aga-pandanet-city-league, http://www.usgo.org/aga-pandanet-city-leage-rules
Registration: http://www.usgo.org/pandanet-aga-city-l ... gistration

~Karoline Burrall
AGA Tournament Coordinator

Registration is now open for the inaugural season the Pandanet-AGA City League. Fully sponsored and funded by Pandanet, this new online tournament will provide players an opportunity for regional competition. “This is an exciting new opportunity to develop our go community here in the US,” says AGA President Andy Okun. “Thanks to Pandanet for a great competition that will build up the US go community in new ways.” Teams will consist of four players, three of which will play in each round on a rotating basis, and a non-playing team captain. Each team will represent a city or a region. The tournament format will be double round robin, with 10 rounds each season. The top six teams will make up an “A” League and will play a double round-robin with each other throughout the year on the International Go Server (IGS). A final round between the top two teams in the A League will be played at the US Go Congress. Other teams will be placed into a “B” League and possibly a third, “C” League. The top finisher in the B League moves up to the A League after each season, replacing the bottom A League team. Registration for Season 1 closes December 20, 2012 and the first season will begin January 1st on an accelerated schedule, with all following seasons beginning September 1st of each year. In addition to generous cash prizes provided by Pandanet, teams are encouraged to seek their own local sponsors to provide the team with travel, training, game-fees, celebration and community events. “Teams of all strengths are welcomed and encouraged to register!” says tournament director Jon Boley. Click here for tournament information, procedures, and rules. Click here to register online.

Post #7 Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:10 am 
Beginner

Is there any update?
Team rosters please?

Post #8 Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:56 pm 
Oza

Liked others: 251
Was liked: 549
KGS: oren
Tygem: oren740, orenl
IGS: oren
Wbaduk: oren
I'm also waiting for the teams to be posted. I know the two teams from Seattle, and I've heard at least 16 teams have registered.

Post #9 Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:16 pm 
Lives with ko

So......

28 teams registered...

We're working on banding everyone as fast as we can. When the competition details are fully posted, we'll let you know. I will also say that the top two bands are going to be very strong. The top band had like 4-6 professionals. I'll have to double check the numbers though, lazy....

This post by vash3g was liked by 3 people: hyperpape, oren, Phelan

Post #10 Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:43 am 
Beginner

It is great to hear that there are 28 teams registered. I am excited.
My understanding is that the new AGA members who do not have an AGA rating will get a fair treatment and their rank will be estimated. I hope that this will be done before the banding. I am very concerned bacause three of our players are new AGA members but they are strong players.

vash3g wrote:
So......

28 teams registered...

We're working on banding everyone as fast as we can. When the competition details are fully posted, we'll let you know. I will also say that the top two bands are going to be very strong. The top band had like 4-6 professionals. I'll have to double check the numbers though, lazy....

Post #11 Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:24 am 
Lives with ko

The tournament director will be in contact with either the players or the team captain if there are any questions about things like rank.

Post #12 Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:50 am 
Beginner

Thanks for the update. I hope that every team is fairly placed by the rule, which is by the strength of the team (ie. total ranks of the 4 players).