It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 3:12 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Happy New Year - brand new Go4Go,net
Post #21 Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:07 am 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 72
Was liked: 479
KGS: macelee
I am even more confused. Can't you play stones on the board to try variations either? It should work as I've enabled that.

Eidogo in full board is just slightly too wide for the layout of my site so that's why I stick to the compact mode.

Post #22 Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:21 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 45
Was liked: 98
Universal go server handle: Alguien
macelee wrote:
I am even more confused. Can't you play stones on the board to try variations either? It should work as I've enabled that.

I can play the stones to try variations, but i can't navigate the tree. But it's not really important.

macelee wrote:
Eidogo in full board is just slightly too wide for the layout of my site so that's why I stick to the compact mode.

I see.

I'll try with all the browsers in another computer in a while and tell you how it went.

Thank you very much for maintaining the page and for adding a better game browser.

Post #23 Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:25 am 
Lives in gote

[EDIT: nothing]

Last edited by Alguien on Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post #24 Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:39 am 
Lives in gote

In "Event Listeners", the board in go4go doesn't have "keydown".

sourceName: "http://www.lifein19x19.com/eidogo-phpbb3/eidogo/player/js/all.compressed.js"

Post #25 Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:16 am 
Lives in sente

Alguien wrote:
In "Event Listeners", the board in go4go doesn't have "keydown".

sourceName: "http://www.lifein19x19.com/eidogo-phpbb3/eidogo/player/js/all.compressed.js"

Alguien, thanks for trying to debug for me. Things do not work like that, as the filename "all.compressed.js" suggests, this Javascript file has been compressed (by a utility delivered with Eidogo code) so most variables are changed from meaningful words to something like _1, _2, _3... so that file download by browser is much smaller. The code does contain the event listener for keydown.

Post #26 Posted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:30 am 
Lives in sente

I just disabled Eidogo's keyboard support on go4go.net. There appears to be other serious issues. With keyboard support turned on Eidogo actually intercepts several other keystrokes in addition to the arrow keys. For example, pressing number 1 actually plays the game forward (try this on 19x19 posts). This causes problem when the same web page contains a form (such as a comment box or a user login area) because one cannot input number '1' into these field, at least on some variants of Linux systems I've tested . Yesterday I was unable to log in using my admin account several times because of this. There are a number of failed login in my log book, which can also be caused by this. Make sure you click the reload/refresh button at least once when viewing go4go games so that the correct Javascript files can be reloaded. I will move to the Computer Go forum to further discuss this and try to find a solution. Thanks for all who helped me test this.

Post #27 Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:05 am 
Lives in gote

It works now. :) Thank you.

Post #28 Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:15 am 
Lives in sente

Alguien, thank for bringing this to my attention earlier. Spent quite some time to fix the board but finally it works now.

Here is a list of new functions and improvements to the site:

* Reinstated the commenting system so that games can be discussed right below the board, for example: http://www.go4go.net/go/games/sgfview/31677
* Introduced thumbnail views of the board position for each game. This works on all search result pages, helping users to find interesting games.
* I already mentioned that each user has a list of viewed games - this in practice isn't very useful (although it is useful to generate statistics such as 'popular games'). I further improved this by marking games already viewed on the search result page by an icon (http://www.go4go.net/go/games/new50). If all work well will roll out to the other pages.
* I keep working my carpenter's square articles. It is a great experience - I've already found a number of errors in my original study. Funny enough I was playing a game and my opponent attempt to kill my corner of a similar shape. For obvious reason the opponent was hopeless.