It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:19 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 360 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Go Eye released 1.2.3, support iPhone5/iPad4 & new features
Post #61 Posted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:40 pm 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 12
Was liked: 0
KGS: mychew
Tygem: jenson
IGS: jenson
Wbaduk: jenson
DGS: jenson
Kaya handle: Jenson
Online playing schedule: Kaya, whole day but it depends on work schedule
GoEye may I check with you whether there would be any problem if one is to load a sgf contain blank variation but only text and comments.means there's no move there just comments.

Thanks.

Regards,
Jenson

Post subject: Re: Go Eye released 1.2.3, support iPhone5/iPad4 & new feat
Post #62 Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:18 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 2
Was liked: 49
IGS: goeye
jenson wrote:
GoEye may I check with you whether there would be any problem if one is to load a sgf contain blank variation but only text and comments.means there's no move there just comments.

Thanks.

Regards,
Jenson

Good question :) I just have a try and it works correctly on Go Eye. So you will have a new branch, but it has no moves, with only comments.

BTW: Did you discover that there is an action "Edit raw SGF" in the action menu? There, you could type in the text and click validate. It will show your grammar errors if there are. If it is ok, then you can save it back.

Post #63 Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:45 am 
Dies in gote

Thanks for the clarification as one of my go mate questioned me before he decided to purchase it or not :-)

Post #64 Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:48 am 
Lives with ko

jenson wrote:
Thanks for the clarification as one of my go mate questioned me before he decided to purchase it or not :-)

haha, hope you could convince your friend.

There is a HUGE breakthrough in image recognition for the next release of Go Eye. It will be "thinner, lighter, and faster" :D Please stay tuned.

Post #65 Posted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:58 pm 
Dies in gote

Thanks for these major releases and enhancements. That would definitely benefits players and users like me. I enjoyed the ChunLan cup final between Chen Yaoye and Lee Sedol yesterday. It's a a nice game and I watched it throughout on Go Eye ;-) Thanks a lot for this great app!

Post #66 Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:01 am 
Lives with ko

Go Eye 1.3.0 is submitted to appstore for review. Some part of the release notes:

Incredible great breakthrough in go game image recognition algorithms! The new algorithm is "thinner, lighter, and faster". It improves the recognition speed by 3 to 5 times, and achieves better recognition rate. Thanks to those kind Go Eye users who sent us the problematic images, which helps us identify the problems and improve it.

Post #67 Posted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:51 am 
Lives with ko

GoEye2012 wrote:
Go Eye 1.3.0 is submitted to appstore for review. Some part of the release notes:

Incredible great breakthrough in go game image recognition algorithms! The new algorithm is "thinner, lighter, and faster". It improves the recognition speed by 3 to 5 times, and achieves better recognition rate. Thanks to those kind Go Eye users who sent us the problematic images, which helps us identify the problems and improve it.

I did a thorough tests on all life&death problems at http://yeefan.sg/weiqi/myproblems/, the new algorithm achieves nearly 98% correct recognition rate, not to mention the 3 to 5 times faster speed! Similarly, I did many for Google search images for keywords "weiqi" or "life and death problems", the successful rate is also amazingly high.

The algorithm is not specific to any particular images or web sites. It works for all general pictures and doesn't need any human involvement in adjusting grid lines (Might need to select the board area for some images, as done in old version), etc. It is such an amazing algorithm and I am so proud of it :)

It will be out soon (depending on Apple side, likely to happen next week). Cheers.

Post subject: Re: Go Eye for iOS released 1.3.0
Post #68 Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:37 pm 
Lives with ko

GoEye2012 wrote:
GoEye2012 wrote:

I did a thorough tests on all life&death problems at http://yeefan.sg/weiqi/myproblems/, the new algorithm achieves nearly 98% correct recognition rate, not to mention the 3 to 5 times faster speed! Similarly, I did many for Google search images for keywords "weiqi" or "life and death problems", the successful rate is also amazingly high.

The algorithm is not specific to any particular images or web sites. It works for all general pictures and doesn't need any human involvement in adjusting grid lines (Might need to select the board area for some images, as done in old version), etc. It is such an amazing algorithm and I am so proud of it :)

It will be out soon (depending on Apple side, likely to happen next week). Cheers.

It is out!

Here is the release notes.

This is an major upgrade.

Fetch Chinese game list and game records from go4go.net when the preferred language is set to Chinese.

Add a new option to disable editing if a game is locked (Previously it will only prompt for user to override the game with new changes).

Add search function for browser history/bookmarks. And persist the status of bookmark dialog.

Many UI polishes: Improve button icons, background, text font and color, etc., in game info panel, game list table entries, integrated go4go/live cast panel, and many other places to make the whole UI more consistent and elegant.

Bug fixes: Fix a hidden crash in image recognition, and a crash bug when browsing the last page in book mode.

Post subject: Go Eye (for IOS) released 1.3.0!
Post #69 Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:51 pm 
Dies in gote

GoEye2012 wrote:
GoEye2012 wrote:
GoEye2012 wrote:

It is out!

Here is the release notes.

This is an major upgrade.

Fetch Chinese game list and game records from go4go.net when the preferred language is set to Chinese.

Add a new option to disable editing if a game is locked (Previously it will only prompt for user to override the game with new changes).

Add search function for browser history/bookmarks. And persist the status of bookmark dialog.

Many UI polishes: Improve button icons, background, text font and color, etc., in game info panel, game list table entries, integrated go4go/live cast panel, and many other places to make the whole UI more consistent and elegant.

Bug fixes: Fix a hidden crash in image recognition, and a crash bug when browsing the last page in book mode.

Yup, I got mine too! :-)

Attachment:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373424655.443752.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373424655.443752.jpg [ 117.8 KiB | Viewed 9855 times ]
Attachment:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373424697.982260.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373424697.982260.jpg [ 133.77 KiB | Viewed 9855 times ]

Post subject: Re: Go Eye (for IOS) released 1.3.0!
Post #70 Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:16 am 
Lives with ko

How do you feel about 1.3.0?

Please let me know if there is any problem or there is any thing in your wish list.

And please kindly rate our app and comment in App Store to make your voice heard by more Go fans. This helps promote our app and support our future development on more exciting features. Thanks!

Post #71 Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:51 am 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 72
Was liked: 479
KGS: macelee
Wow it is indeed a big improvement! I actually tried all 176 Go problems at yeefan.sg a while ago. Before this version, 69 problems failed to work at all, and 3 incorrectly recognised. Now all but 4 problems can be recognised correctly. This feature used to be fun to play with. Now it is definitely can be used for serious work.

Post #72 Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:05 pm 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 72
Was liked: 479
KGS: macelee
Just tried some other images. Even the very small ones on http://senseis.xmp.net/?GokyoShumyoTsum ... Thumbnails can mostly be correctly recognised. Of course I do not need to do that, because all Sensei's Library images have SGF links on them, which can be opened by Go Eye already. Congratulations for the nice work!

Post #73 Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:34 pm 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 127
Was liked: 94
Universal go server handle: tommyray (1d/2d)
New version works really great now when using pattern recognition!
Thanks guys, you made my life easier.

In the next few days I will give this app a hard time, and will use it as my only go software for everything I do: creating tsumego, scanning tsumego/fullboard games, viewing and editing games, editing raw sgf, printing pdf from a game etc. An ultimate test ;-)

Previously I was a sceptic and a harsh critic on this app but since the last few updates and especially this new 1.3 I believe it is really great tool for go players, and one of the best go apps on the market. Sure it's still not perfect, nothing is, but it's close. Most important - I know that my money were spent well.

Thanks GoEye!

Post #74 Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:58 pm 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 318
Was liked: 345
If I was to buy goeye, it would be to keep up with current pro games.

Can someone tell me how easy it is to download games from go4go? Does it automatically download new games? Or do you need to manually click on each? Can you easily download all go4go games, or is that not feasible?

Outside of go4go, does goeye contain a nice library of games? Or point you to where you can find them? If not, does anybody here know of a go archive that it can easily download?

Does it have a pattern matching capability that lets you find all pro games that meet certain criteria?

What if you download the same SCF twice? Is it smart enough to not keep two copies?

Sorry for the questions. I don't think there is a free trial version to test.

Thanks.

Post #75 Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:11 pm 
Lives with ko

Was liked: 28
KGS: Vladimir
Is there any chance for GoEye for Android?

Post #76 Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:36 pm 
Lives with ko

lobotommy wrote:
New version works really great now when using pattern recognition!
Thanks guys, you made my life easier.

In the next few days I will give this app a hard time, and will use it as my only go software for everything I do: creating tsumego, scanning tsumego/fullboard games, viewing and editing games, editing raw sgf, printing pdf from a game etc. An ultimate test ;-)

Previously I was a sceptic and a harsh critic on this app but since the last few updates and especially this new 1.3 I believe it is really great tool for go players, and one of the best go apps on the market. Sure it's still not perfect, nothing is, but it's close. Most important - I know that my money were spent well.

Thanks GoEye!

Thank you, lobotommy! So happy to see that you like it.
Please let us know when you find any problem or have any suggestion in your ultimate test :)

Post #77 Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:57 pm 
Lives with ko

wineandgolover wrote:
If I was to buy goeye, it would be to keep up with current pro games.

Can someone tell me how easy it is to download games from go4go? Does it automatically download new games? Or do you need to manually click on each? Can you easily download all go4go games, or is that not feasible?

Outside of go4go, does goeye contain a nice library of games? Or point you to where you can find them? If not, does anybody here know of a go archive that it can easily download?

Does it have a pattern matching capability that lets you find all pro games that meet certain criteria?

What if you download the same SCF twice? Is it smart enough to not keep two copies?

Sorry for the questions. I don't think there is a free trial version to test.

Thanks.

Thank you for your interests in Go Eye, wineandgolover.

First of all, Go Eye doesn't contain any game archive, which may look surprised at first sight to many. What?

But it is the most convenient tool to organize all online resources. The games can be imported from web link by simply touch a link of zip/rar archive or sgf file in side the full-fledged in-app browser. They can also be imported from mail attachments, dropbox, etc. With the cutting-edge image recognition techniques in Go Eye, you can import SGF problems from images.

In summary, Go Eye works like Google, which doesn't provide content itself, but it helps you to organize all games in the web.

For online game archive, surely go4go.net is a great place. There are also rich online SGF archives everywhere. We will try to compile a list later. Currently you can find some in the game resource page in http://e-intuit.hk/goeye site.

The games, once downloaded, become your local archive. Of course, you can edit/view/export them. You can search them by player, game title, with the convenient and fast go game search engine.

Returning to your question regarding to go4go. Dr. Li, the go4go.net owner, is so kind to offer game contents for Go Eye and the Go fans. In Go Eye's in-app browser, you can view and download the latest pro games. (See http://go4go.net/go/goeye to have a detailed rundown). It is not downloaded automatic. You have to touch the go4go.net icon in the home page of the in-app browser, a nicely arranged game list containing the latest pro games will be shown. Touch the game you like to download.

Go Eye will avoid downloading a same game from a same URL link. It will let you able to refresh it from the link again by the simple pull-to-refresh gesture(like twitter). This is useful to refresh a live-broadcast games. But if you download a same game from two different sites, Go Eye doesn't check duplicate content. It will have two game entries. And Go Eye internal supports same games to be duplicated. So that you can preserve an old game, while editing on a copy.

For pattern search, we will consider to support in the future, which will be a really amazing feature. Should have you any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. I assure you that Go Eye is by far the most actively upgraded Go app. Thank you.

Post #78 Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:59 pm 
Lives with ko

vpopovic wrote:
Is there any chance for GoEye for Android?

Sorry, no plan for Android yet. Once Go Eye is becoming more popular in market (so with enough revenue to support the development :), we will consider that. Thanks.

Post #79 Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:53 pm 
Lives with ko

macelee wrote:
Wow it is indeed a big improvement! I actually tried all 176 Go problems at yeefan.sg a while ago. Before this version, 69 problems failed to work at all, and 3 incorrectly recognised. Now all but 4 problems can be recognised correctly. This feature used to be fun to play with. Now it is definitely can be used for serious work.

Yes, (176-4)/176 = 97.7% :)
I was so happy that the new algorithm worked so great during the development time, which really help improve my winning rate in igs higher, now targeting 7d :)

Post #80 Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:27 pm 
Beginner

Liked others: 0
Can GoEye read PDFs, and create SGF from problems in PDF?

For example, I have several problem books in PDF, let's say 2-6 problems per page. I would like to be able to create SGFs from those problems. Can I use GoEye for that?

Thanks

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 360 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 18  Next