It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:57 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 360 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Go Eye (for IOS) released 1.3.0!
Post #101 Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:54 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 127
Was liked: 94
Universal go server handle: tommyray (1d/2d)
I must say that live updates of games is an awesome feature.

Currently there is an European Go Congress, and games are streamed on kgs.
How kgs works on ipad - everyone knows. It's possible but not the best experience... Thanks to Goeye I don't need to have a good internet connection for it (vnc is very data and power hungry). I just download a current game from kgs archives and then just pull a board down to live update it.
I need to admit that it is a very nice and useful feature.

Of course there is a grain of salt too
Using a GoEye for a longer time one can find some things that need to be tweaked.
Feature wishlist:
- ability to backup your games
- move more than one game at a time to the other "folder".
- export a game or zip collection of games whithin the app
- set a "folder" where downloaded games should go (maybe with settings for every www service)
- ability to set a folder where "scanned" sgf should go
- ability to set output board size when you scan an image
- when you change an order of appearance in a folder it should stay in the order as you want, it does not work right now
- I would like to move my folders, now they are fixed, and you can change only a name of them.

My few complaints/ what is not so good yet
- managing of big games input (badukmovies games case)
- ability to delete all trash items without opening a trash directory (because of crash when trying to open trash after deleting of big database of games)
- bug?: after deleting big database the app remains slow and remember all names of players and number of their games. There are from 10 seconds up to 1 minute waiting times when opening games lists (my games, favourites, recent, trash, groups, players, pairs etc.) even if games are deleted (because GoEye database has still all the entries)

If you donwload a huge package of games (like badukmovies has, with over 43 000 of games) the first thing you will notice is that it take forever to import them to GoEye. Up to 8 hours on iPad1/iphone4. Next thing is how slow GoEye can be if you import such huge game database. It is highly probably that it is due to low power of these two devices (over three years old, only one cpu core).

Thanks for your attention
Tomasz

Post #102 Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:11 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 2
Was liked: 49
IGS: goeye
lobotommy wrote:
I must say that live updates of games is an awesome feature.

Currently there is an European Go Congress, and games are streamed on kgs.
How kgs works on ipad - everyone knows. It's possible but not the best experience... Thanks to Goeye I don't need to have a good internet connection for it (vnc is very data and power hungry). I just download a current game from kgs archives and then just pull a board down to live update it.
I need to admit that it is a very nice and useful feature.

I am curious how you download a current game from kgs archives which is streamed. Any URL for this? I can only see KGS has history game archives at http://www.gokgs.com/archives.jsp

lobotommy wrote:
Of course there is a grain of salt too
Using a GoEye for a longer time one can find some things that need to be tweaked.
Feature wishlist:
- ability to backup your games
- move more than one game at a time to the other "folder".
- export a game or zip collection of games whithin the app
- set a "folder" where downloaded games should go (maybe with settings for every www service)
- ability to set a folder where "scanned" sgf should go
- ability to set output board size when you scan an image
- when you change an order of appearance in a folder it should stay in the order as you want, it does not work right now
- I would like to move my folders, now they are fixed, and you can change only a name of them.

These are good suggestions for game folder organization.

Backup/restore from/to iCloud would address problem 1, 3.

Multi-selection of games for operation (export, move, delete) would address 1/2.

Folders for downloaded games, recognized games would be easy tasks.

Game/Folder ordering would be solved in a better way.

For output board size, right now it can be worked around by editing the raw SGF text. Won't be a problem to add output size for it in the comparison page. Will also add an action to change board size in the action later.

lobotommy wrote:
My few complaints/ what is not so good yet
- managing of big games input (badukmovies games case)
- ability to delete all trash items without opening a trash directory (because of crash when trying to open trash after deleting of big database of games)
- bug?: after deleting big database the app remains slow and remember all names of players and number of their games. There are from 10 seconds up to 1 minute waiting times when opening games lists (my games, favourites, recent, trash, groups, players, pairs etc.) even if games are deleted (because GoEye database has still all the entries)

If you donwload a huge package of games (like badukmovies has, with over 43 000 of games) the first thing you will notice is that it take forever to import them to GoEye. Up to 8 hours on iPad1/iphone4. Next thing is how slow GoEye can be if you import such huge game database. It is highly probably that it is due to low power of these two devices (over three years old, only one cpu core).

Thanks for your attention
Tomasz

Will have a quick option to import games later. Right now the slowness to download and import is due to the verification of each SGF game. Will add a "quick verification when download" to make it fly.

After deleting the trash (if crashed, please try to empty it again). Emptying the trash would remove the player names associated with those games. So if the player names still exist with 0 games, please just delete a temporary game and empty the trash again. The operation will clean up all these orphan player names.

The crash bug will be checked. Trash folder lets the user have the option to "regret". So there will be still no way to skip this unless we have a command line to rm -f :) (The same behavior in Mac OS)

Managing big games would be addressed later. Some reported that the joseki lib is slow in importing and opening.

Thanks for the careful observations and suggestions on Go Eye.

The above features and changes will be addressed in future releases. The next release of Go Eye is on the way :) So in the next update, you won't have these yet.

Post #103 Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:08 am 
Lives in gote

GoEye2012 wrote:
I am curious how you download a current game from kgs archives which is streamed. Any URL for this? I can only see KGS has history game archives at http://www.gokgs.com/archives.jsp

I choose EGC2013a user, and download today's game. It was still going on kgs and it was a demonstration game so if EGC2013 made a move it was already available in kgs archive sgf file. Every pull down action brings me an update so it was quite pleasant to use. So maybe not a real live update but works fine.

GoEye2012 wrote:
The crash bug will be checked. Trash folder lets the user have the option to "regret". So there will be still no way to skip this unless we have a command line to rm -f :) (The same behavior in Mac OS)

I like this trash folder idea a lot, it saved my ass a few times already ;)
About a crash - after deleting this huge database I was not able to open trash folder to delete all this games and removing these all names from database. Not having ability to empty trash from the outside forced me to reinstall the app. But I always work on my tsumego libraries with other apps too so nothing was really lost.

GoEye2012 wrote:
Thanks for the careful observations and suggestions on Go Eye.

The above features and changes will be addressed in future releases. The next release of Go Eye is on the way :) So in the next update, you won't have these yet.

You're welcome. It's like a magic, I wish about something and after a while here it is! Thank you for all your work. It's really good. :bow:

[BTW: There are also EGC2013b, c and d accounts in kgs archives with games from current European Go Congress.]

Last edited by lobotommy on Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post #104 Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:28 am 
Lives with ko

lobotommy wrote:
GoEye2012 wrote:

I choose EGC2013a user, and download today's game. It was still going on kgs and it was a demonstration game so if EGC2013 made a move it was already available in kgs archive sgf file. Every pull down action brings me an update so it was quite pleasant to use. So maybe not a real live update but works fine.

Thanks. KGS is nice to provide the streamed unfinished games in the archive.

For all Go Eye users, open the in-app browser, type "http://www.gokgs.com/gameArchives.jsp?user=EGC2013a" and click the viewable column (YES) link to see it.

Attachment:
Screen Shot 2013-08-03 at 9.30.29 PM.png
Screen Shot 2013-08-03 at 9.30.29 PM.png [ 77.01 KiB | Viewed 14791 times ]

It is also very pleasant to see the kibitzes by viewing the game in book mode (See attached picture).

Attachments:
iOS Simulator Screen shot 3 Aug, 2013 9.23.30 PM.png
iOS Simulator Screen shot 3 Aug, 2013 9.23.30 PM.png [ 237.89 KiB | Viewed 14792 times ]

Post #105 Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:38 am 
Lives with ko

Notes for next release which will arrive in a few days (depending on Apple review progress)!
Besides the changes that are expected in the UI, Go Eye also provides more new features not mentioned before :)

---------
New features and changes:

1. Enhance book view with better performance and animation. Add slider to support the navigation to a new book page quickly.

2. Support game list navigation in game view without switching back to game list view.

3.  Redesign the game view layout to make it cleaner and more convenient. Organize handy game actions into refined action popover menu. Enhance the UI for SGF text edit view and comment text edit view. Support locking/unlocking, starring/un-starring a game in action menu. Add refresh action to reload an online live cast game (in addition to using pull-to-reload gesture on board).

4. Change setting options: Add a new option to remember last game viewing position. Move game number display option into global settings. Remove "Disable editing if locked" option and set it to true always.

5. Optimize layout for iPad landscape mode. Display game comments and variant thumbnails in a single page when viewing commented games.

6. Optimize for single-hand operation on iPhone. Support double tap to toggle zooming (in addition to pinch gesture for continuous zooming), when double tap gesture is not used for stone input or the game is locked for editing. Longer slider to make it easier to navigate a game with single hand.

7. Handle Ko and forbidden points when editing games.

Bug fixes:
1. Fix comment text scrolling to invisible area when editing the comment.
2. Fix some memory leaks and crash when supplying bad image url for recognition.
3. Fix layout error when accepting SGF game after recognition.

This post by GoEye2012 was liked by: lobotommy

Post #106 Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:06 pm 
Lives with ko

1.3.1 is released!

Enjoy it.

Post #107 Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:31 am 
Lives with ko

GoEye2012 wrote:
1.3.1 is released!

Enjoy it.

Quote Apple's design video at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpZmIiIXuZ0

Similarly for Go Eye, "There are a thousand no's for every yes."

--- Go Eye, Designed by E-Intuit Limited (http://e-intuit.hk/goeye)

This post by GoEye2012 was liked by: Bonobo

Post #108 Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:04 am 
Oza

Liked others: 8262
Was liked: 924
OGS: trohde
Universal go server handle: trohde
GoEye2012 wrote:
[..]

You kow that you can embed YT videos here?

I like that video, and I hope that Apple is able to stick with this instead of #§%$ing up badly w/o Steve Jobs like they did before, but I fear neither Tim Cook nor Jony Ive have enough genius AND compulsion to keep Apple ahead of everybody else.

Post #109 Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:28 am 
Lives with ko

Bonobo wrote:
GoEye2012 wrote:
[..]

You kow that you can embed YT videos here?

I like that video, and I hope that Apple is able to stick with this instead of #§%$ing up badly w/o Steve Jobs like they did before, but I fear neither Tim Cook nor Jony Ive have enough genius AND compulsion to keep Apple ahead of everybody else.

Thank you very much, bonobo. I like the video and have been enjoying watching it so many times.
The design of Go Eye will stick to this kind of standard. We simplify, we perfect, we start over... :)

Post subject: Re: Go Eye (for IOS) released 1.3.1!
Post #110 Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:35 am 
Lives with ko

Share some screen dump for the next release of Go Eye.

Multi-selection of games and move games in a batch and export to any cloud drives.
Persistent game order in the list.
And the import speed has been doubled.

All these, together with many others, will come in next release :)

Attachments:
iOS Simulator Screen shot 24 Aug, 2013 9.27.41 PM.png
iOS Simulator Screen shot 24 Aug, 2013 9.27.41 PM.png [ 221.97 KiB | Viewed 14516 times ]

Post #111 Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:45 am 
Lives in gote

If there is box.com included as a cloud drive then I'm in heaven!

Post #112 Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:36 pm 
Lives with ko

lobotommy wrote:
If there is box.com included as a cloud drive then I'm in heaven!

There IS :D

(As long as you have box.com app installed, or others, they are included without more efforts. There seems to be a limit, about 10, for the total number of apps shown in the menu.)

Attachments:
IMG_2252.PNG
IMG_2252.PNG [ 157.55 KiB | Viewed 14502 times ]

Post #113 Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:10 pm 
Lives with ko

Another good news: goeye is 7d* now on IGS :D

If you ask how, then I would say because I have Go Eye (http://appstore.com/goeye), the greatest instrument to boost the mysterious insight of Go, to help you improve go skills. The eye of Go, the insight...

Attachments:
Screen Shot 2013-08-25 at 9.11.21 AM.png
Screen Shot 2013-08-25 at 9.11.21 AM.png [ 38.27 KiB | Viewed 14489 times ]

Post #114 Posted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:31 am 
Lives with ko

A severe fighting between Fang Xiuke and Chen Zixian, two ancient Chinese Go players. PDF generated by Go Eye (10 moves per page). No comments, just move sequences. Free to distribute anywhere (not for sale).

Attachments:
File comment: A severe fighting between Fang Xiuke and Chen Zixian, two ancient Chinese players. PDF generated by Go Eye.
方秋客-陈子仙.pdf [357.75 KiB]
Downloaded 401 times

Post #115 Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:07 pm 
Lives with ko

Beautiful pictures using Go Eye.

Attachments:
breezi_placeit-7.png
breezi_placeit-7.png [ 487.87 KiB | Viewed 14326 times ]
breezi_placeit copy 2.png
breezi_placeit copy 2.png [ 420.64 KiB | Viewed 14326 times ]

Post #116 Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:02 am 
Lives with ko

The next release of Go Eye will come in a few days, stay tuned :)

This post by GoEye2012 was liked by: Bonobo

Post #117 Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:06 am 
Gosei

Liked others: 642
Was liked: 490
Universal go server handle: Bantari
The thread should be called: "Go Eye for iOS Guy"... pun intended. ;)

This post by Bantari was liked by: Bonobo

Post #118 Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:34 pm 
Lives with ko

Go Eye 1.3.2 is coming! Check your appstore in a few hours and it will show up! We launch together with the new iPhone 5s :D

Go Eye 1.3.2 release notes

Rich enhancements and new features:
1. Support exporting batch of games to cloud drives.
2. Support posting game image to Facebook groups. Tap Facebook post dialog title to choose group to post.
3. Enable batch operations for deletion or movement on game list.
4. Improve game importing speed by 50%.
5. Dramatically speed up the game loading in "All Games" view. Now it loads instantly even for huge game collections.
6. Add two options in settings to specify the groups for downloaded games and games recognized from images.
7. Persist game display order inside a group after movements.
8. Add board size edit in game info dialog.

Bug fixes:
1. Fix crashes in live broadcast game list when there is network connection error.
2. Fix bug of reloading wrong game after switching games.
3. Fix date not shown for some games.
4. Fix Ko bug.

This post by GoEye2012 was liked by 2 people: lobotommy, macelee

Post subject: Re: Go Eye (for IOS) released 1.3.2!
Post #119 Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:57 pm 
Beginner

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 0
I bought it. And it's a bad app.

Last edited by tchan001 on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
signature is advertising which is not go-related.

Post subject: Re: Go Eye (for IOS) released 1.3.2!
Post #120 Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:26 pm 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 72
Was liked: 479
KGS: macelee
ashleyco wrote:
I bought it. And it's a bad app.

To be more helpful, do you minding giving some details? The author has been very open to suggestions and in the past incorporated many features based on user feedback, as many on this forum can testify.

[edit] And might the post I reply be a spam message (based on the link in the signature)? If this is not the case, I apologize to the author.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 360 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 18  Next