It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:35 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 360 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Go Eye (for IOS) released 1.3.2!
Post #121 Posted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:03 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 127
Was liked: 94
Universal go server handle: tommyray (1d/2d)
Looks like spam bot attack again - It just copied my words. I think admin could just delete it.

Post subject: Re: Go Eye (for IOS) released 1.3.2!
Post #122 Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:04 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 2
Was liked: 49
IGS: goeye
We have temporary server problem with go4go.net integration. If tapping the go4go.net icon inside the in-app browser, and getting the "Error connecting to go4go.net" error message, please tap the icon to hide the list. Tap it again to show and hide once or twice, the problem will go away.

Should you find any new problem or have new suggestions on Go Eye, please don't hesitate to voice out.

Thanks!

This post by GoEye2012 was liked by: jenson

Post #123 Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:29 am 
Oza

Liked others: 8262
Was liked: 924
OGS: trohde
Universal go server handle: trohde
macelee wrote:
[..]

[edit] And might the post I reply be a spam message (based on the link in the signature)? [..]
Looks like it is … I’ve reported the post.

Post #124 Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:50 pm 
Lives with ko

GoEye2012 wrote:
We have temporary server problem with go4go.net integration. If tapping the go4go.net icon inside the in-app browser, and getting the "Error connecting to go4go.net" error message, please tap the icon to hide the list. Tap it again to show and hide once or twice, the problem will go away.

Should you find any new problem or have new suggestions on Go Eye, please don't hesitate to voice out.

Thanks!

Thanks to the help of mace. The go4go.net integration problem is resolved. Now you could continue the smooth browsing of the latest pro games with Go Eye :)

Attachment:
goeye-32.png
goeye-32.png [ 1.18 MiB | Viewed 8234 times ]

Last edited by GoEye2012 on Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post #125 Posted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:23 pm 
Lives with ko

Are we, still touched by that move today, after 200 years? (Go Eye's new design on iOS 7, sneak peek).
Attachment:
goeye-ios7-5.png
goeye-ios7-5.png [ 1.24 MiB | Viewed 8181 times ]

Last edited by GoEye2012 on Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post #126 Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:02 pm 
Dies with sente

Liked others: 8
Was liked: 21
Very nice, i look forward to the new design. It looks great!

Post #127 Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:42 pm 
Beginner

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 0
Universal go server handle: haggbard
I really like the ability to download games from go4go. But Its really hard to find the right game. I would like to be able to choose how to browse the games, by date/player/league. I was looking for a game that I knew both date and player, but wasnt sure what league, I had to browse for a long while before finding it.

But there are some other big problems. For one I dont like that the games reset after I exit them and go back. I would like to be able to exit the game and when I return I want to keep going from the move I was last viewing.

I also tried image recognition with a picture of a problem made with Go Eye. And it said there was no game in there.

I already use SmartGo Kifu, and in my oppinion, that is still a much better app. But I like some features of Go Eye. And it seems to be upgraded quite often so it will probably be even better in a while.

Post #128 Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:38 pm 
Lives with ko

haggbard wrote:
I really like the ability to download games from go4go. But Its really hard to find the right game. I would like to be able to choose how to browse the games, by date/player/league. I was looking for a game that I knew both date and player, but wasnt sure what league, I had to browse for a long while before finding it.

If you mean searching those downloaded games in "All games" page, then you can search by name and even the date. e.g., if you want to search Gu Li's game in 2013/1/1, you can input "Gu Li 2013 1 1" in the search bar on top of "All Games" view.

If you mean for the game list showing under go4go icon, there is no search as they haven't been imported in your local device. But go4go.net allows you to search a specific game by going to the web site. So by going directly to go4go.net in Go Eye's in-app browser, logging in, you can use go4go's strong search feature to find a game there. And go4go.net provides SGF download so it will get into Go Eye by one touch.

haggbard wrote:
But there are some other big problems. For one I dont like that the games reset after I exit them and go back. I would like to be able to exit the game and when I return I want to keep going from the move I was last viewing.

There is an option in settings, "Remember game position" to help you in this :)

haggbard wrote:
I also tried image recognition with a picture of a problem made with Go Eye. And it said there was no game in there.

Try to choose the go board area if it fails. If the problem persists, please send us the picture if you would like. Thanks.

Post #129 Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:11 pm 
Oza

So, what’s it about image recognition?

What’s the minimum resolution? And does it recognize 9x9 boards?

I’ve tried to let Go Eye recognize a few pix taken with an iPad 2, but Go Eye refused to do anything and said it _could_ be the resolution.

Post #130 Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:44 pm 
Lives with ko

Bonobo wrote:
So, what’s it about image recognition?

What’s the minimum resolution? And does it recognize 9x9 boards?

I’ve tried to let Go Eye recognize a few pix taken with an iPad 2, but Go Eye refused to do anything and said it _could_ be the resolution.

Yes, it recognize 9x9 boards. There is no a single min resolution for pictures. Go Eye is not good at recognizing those taken from camera unless they are taken from right angle and align very straight, and with luck :) But still the different exposure at different parts of the board will generate lots of noises, Go Eye is not good at this.

Go Eye is good at computer generated pictures, especially black and white ones. Often people post Go problem images online. By long touch of a image in Go Eye's in-app browser, it will show you a popup menu to recognize the picture. e.g., Google "Go games" to find online go images, double tap to zoom it (to get a bigger resolution) and choose "Recognize".

The algorithms will be improved continuously. So it would be nice to send us the problematic images so that the algorithms could be trained better to solve new problems. Thanks.

Post #131 Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:54 pm 
Lives with ko

An example taken from camera and could be solved by Go Eye.
It will have some faulty points if not choosing an area. If chosen the board area by dragging a rectangle, it will recognize the all correct stones.

Attachments:
IMG_0531.JPG
IMG_0531.JPG [ 59.63 KiB | Viewed 8093 times ]

Post #132 Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:04 pm 
Oza

Where to send images?

Two ideas for handling image files:
  • add two rudimentary image editing actions: brightness/contrast and (better) levels (don’t know how trivial this is)
  • ability to impose a scalable/rotatable grid of definable dimensions (i.e. 5x5, 9x9, etc.) on the image (either this or allow to rotate the image under the grid until it fits)

Greetz, Tom

Post #133 Posted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:25 am 
Lives with ko

Bonobo wrote:
Where to send images?

Two ideas for handling image files:
  • add two rudimentary image editing actions: brightness/contrast and (better) levels (don’t know how trivial this is)
  • ability to impose a scalable/rotatable grid of definable dimensions (i.e. 5x5, 9x9, etc.) on the image (either this or allow to rotate the image under the grid until it fits)

Greetz, Tom

Please send to feedbacks@e-intuit.hk.
Adding a grid line for failed ones would be a good suggestion. Thanks.
And for image editing, these actions could actually handled by PS for iOS or iOS' own photo editing app.

This post by GoEye2012 was liked by: Bonobo

Post #134 Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:17 pm 
Lives with ko

Go Eye 1.3.3 Released!

Release notes:
UI redesign for iOS 7, compatible with iOS 5&6.
Help page updated.
Improve SGF parsing speed.
Allow negative komi.

Bug fixes
1. Fix crash bug when importing games from multiple files simultaneously.
2. Fix crash bug when moving a single game to a collapsed group.
3. Fix reversed capture number.
4. Fix not being able to input first white stone in handicap games.
5. Fix game information panel layout.

Post subject: Re: Go Eye released 1.3.3, supporting iOS7!
Post #135 Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:21 am 
Lives with ko

Hi, folks, guess what new features we are going to have in the next release of Go Eye?

Hints below :)

Attachments:
productshot.png
productshot.png [ 602.65 KiB | Viewed 7943 times ]

Post #136 Posted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:59 am 
Oza

Liked others: 251
Was liked: 549
KGS: oren
Tygem: oren740, orenl
IGS: oren
Wbaduk: oren
Really large photo attachments direct to Life in 19x19? :)

Post #137 Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:52 pm 
Lives with ko

Besides some great new features, Go Eye's next release also polish many subtle details to make it more handy. Every detail shines.
e.g., the variant display on iPhone will be more friendly by mixing them in the comment text. So you don't have to scroll down the top panel when switching it. This makes the game navigation much more convenient.
And there are more … Stay tuned :)

Post #138 Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:48 pm 
Lives with ko

We will have end game scoring in next release. See the photo.

Attachments:
productshot-4.png
productshot-4.png [ 645.13 KiB | Viewed 7834 times ]

This post by GoEye2012 was liked by: macelee

Post #139 Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:04 pm 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 72
Was liked: 479
KGS: macelee
This is brilliant. Well done!

From the screen capture, the score estimator can recognize dame points, as well as points inside territory that need to be filled eventually. Can it handle more complex cases, such as a large group of dead stones? What happens if you apply it on unfinished games?

Post #140 Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:31 pm 
Lives with ko

macelee wrote:
This is brilliant. Well done!

From the screen capture, the score estimator can recognize dame points, as well as points inside territory that need to be filled eventually. Can it handle more complex cases, such as a large group of dead stones? What happens if you apply it on unfinished games?

Mostly it is like the end game scorer in normal Go servers like IGS. It can recognize the dame points and internal territories. But need to manually mark dead stones (single tap to toggle).

It cannot auto detect dead stones yet. If you mark a stone, the whole connected string will be marked. Single empty point can be marked/unmarked as territory or not. Cannot apply to unfinished games correctly now (need analysis of life/death status and some AI).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 360 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 18  Next