It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:47 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 360 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Go Eye released 1.3.3, supporting iOS7!
Post #141 Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:09 pm 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 2
Was liked: 49
IGS: goeye
em, this game looks familiar??
Yeah, it is the famous game rotated by Go Eye.
The next release of Go Eye will support 8 directions for you to feel a game in 7 whole new aspects!

Attachments:
productshot-5.png
productshot-5.png [ 544.7 KiB | Viewed 8151 times ]

Post #142 Posted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:15 am 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 72
Was liked: 479
KGS: macelee
Version 1.3.4 is available now! Just tried it on my IPAD, the scoring function works very nicely. There are two suggestions, both ideas are taken from MultiGo software:

(1) When tapping on a dead stone, now only the stones physically connected to the initial stone are marked. In fact, other stones of the same color that are connected to the initial stone by empty points are also dead. So they can be marked all together, saving the users a few clicks

(2) The results can be shown in Chinese rules, something like:
White wins by 1.5 point(s), or 1/4 stones. The latter helps avoid confusion on games using Chinese rules.

Both should be relatively easy to implement. Keep up good working!

Post #143 Posted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:22 am 
Lives with ko

macelee wrote:
Version 1.3.4 is available now! Just tried it on my IPAD, the scoring function works very nicely. There are two suggestions, both ideas are taken from MultiGo software:

(1) When tapping on a dead stone, now only the stones physically connected to the initial stone are marked. In fact, other stones of the same color that are connected to the initial stone by empty points are also dead. So they can be marked all together, saving the users a few clicks

(2) The results can be shown in Chinese rules, something like:
White wins by 1.5 point(s), or 1/4 stones. The latter helps avoid confusion on games using Chinese rules.

Both should be relatively easy to implement. Keep up good working!

Good suggestions! For Chinese rule, the code already has it. Will show it together in next version.

BTW: Release notes of 1.3.4
New features:
1. Add end game scoring feature.
2. Support game transform with flipping and rotation.
3. Optimize the display of variants and comments to make it much more convenient to browse commented games.
4. Add confirmation for online game refreshing if game is modified.
5. Add back-to-main button in variant thumbnail list to quickly jump back to main game branch.
6. Support full screen display in in-app web browser.

Bug fixes:
1. Fix memory leaks.
2. Fix komi display bug.
3. Many small UI polishes to perfect each pixel.

And welcome all the friends here having Go Eye to rate in App Store to make it known to more go fans! Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Go Eye released 1.3.4, scoring and transform!
Post #144 Posted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:39 am 
Lives in sente

Do you think the 'auction hammer' is the best image to represent 'scoring'? Initially it can be a bit confusing.

Post #145 Posted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:45 am 
Lives with ko

macelee wrote:
Do you think the 'auction hammer' is the best image to represent 'scoring'? Initially it can be a bit confusing.

It is the judge's hammer :)
Open to any better suggestion.

Post #146 Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:43 am 
Lives with ko

Besides offering the freshness, Go Eye will bring the complete experience of professional games as a Christmas gift.

Search for go4go.net is coming, together with other exciting features :)

Attachments:
productshot-16.png
productshot-16.png [ 511.46 KiB | Viewed 7999 times ]
productshot-14.png
productshot-14.png [ 653.66 KiB | Viewed 7999 times ]
productshot-13.png
productshot-13.png [ 673.42 KiB | Viewed 7999 times ]

Post #147 Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:58 am 
Lives with ko

GoEye2012 wrote:
Besides offering the freshness, Go Eye will bring the complete experience of professional games as a Christmas gift.

Search for go4go.net is coming, together with other exciting features :)

It is out there, perfect!

Merry Christmas!

Go Eye 1.3.5 Release notes

New features and improvements:
1. Support online search of Go4Go’s professional games by player, tournament name, year and month! This provides a complete experience for Go game study. Now you can not only access the fresh professional games, but also look up the great professional games your remember. Thanks the owner of go4go.net for the support.

2. A new file format UGF is supported. Now you can import a .ugi file into your collections.
3. Improve end game scoring by simplifying the dead stone marking and add Chinese scoring rule display.
4. Improve book mode page respecting the max moves per page in variant diagrams.

Bug fixes:
1. Fixes Facebook sharing for group permission acquiring.
2. Small UI fixes in web view home page.
3. Fix thumbnail display after deleting a variant.
4. Fix navigation bar layout problem after switching from full screen web page.
5. Improve bookmark dialog loading performance.

This post by GoEye2012 was liked by: lobotommy

Post subject: Re: Go Eye released 1.3.5, Go4Go online search & Merry Chris
Post #148 Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:08 pm 
Lives in sente

Just in case this isn't obvious: to use the Go4Go search, tap 'Web' from menu, then tap the Go4Go banner, and then tap the magnifier icon at the corner. This function is backed by the full Go4Go database, currently containing 38000+ games. A lot of old games have been added over the past few months.

This post by macelee was liked by 2 people: Kirby, lobotommy

Post subject: Review of the scoring function
Post #149 Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:17 am 
Lives in sente

I just spent time to properly test the game-end scoring function. I've scored 10 games without having major problems. It is much better than in the previous version, but some minor improvements are still possible.

Here are some tips for users (refer to the attached screen capture):

- when entering the scoring mode (by tapping the menu icon from the corner, and tapping the scale icon)
- territories without dead stones, such as the bottom left corner are automatically scored.
- tap the dead stones, such as T10 to score their neighbouring points
- N6 isn't a point. But by convention kifus from Japanese sources do not fill dame moves. Tap the N6 point to remove it from the final scoring.
- The game does not have G17/G18 exchange. This is not necessary because even black plays G17, white can play E17 to reduce one points. Again this is convention in Japanese kifus, which of course causes problems to software. Tap that area several times to mark three points at F19, G19 and F18.
- The scoring result should match the game result recorded. Otherwise, review the board to find more unmarked dead stones or incorrectly marked points. If still not matched, the game record might be wrong.

Attachment:
2013-12-13 09.39.45.png
2013-12-13 09.39.45.png [ 339.18 KiB | Viewed 7902 times ]

Here are some problems:

- Even on large-screen IPAD, I missed the dead stones a few times and tapped the nearby empty points. The behaviour when that happens is a bit unpredictable and strange. For example load the game in the screen catpure, try tapping K16 to see what happens. Maybe the algorithm can be further improved? For example, only when an area is all marked before the user is allowed to modify the status of a single points.
- If you do find a way to improve the above point, make sure areas like F19 can still be marked properly.
- Finally a suggestion unrelated to scoring. As can be seen from the screen capture, when turning on the board coordinates, the margins around the board appear to be too large. Can that be improved?

Post subject: Re: Review of the scoring function
Post #150 Posted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:05 pm 
Lives with ko

macelee wrote:
I just spent time to properly test the game-end scoring function. I've scored 10 games without having major problems. It is much better than in the previous version, but some minor improvements are still possible.

Here are some tips for users (refer to the attached screen capture):

- when entering the scoring mode (by tapping the menu icon from the corner, and tapping the scale icon)
- territories without dead stones, such as the bottom left corner are automatically scored.
- tap the dead stones, such as T10 to score their neighbouring points
- N6 isn't a point. But by convention kifus from Japanese sources do not fill dame moves. Tap the N6 point to remove it from the final scoring.
- The game does not have G17/G18 exchange. This is not necessary because even black plays G17, white can play E17 to reduce one points. Again this is convention in Japanese kifus, which of course causes problems to software. Tap that area several times to mark three points at F19, G19 and F18.
- The scoring result should match the game result recorded. Otherwise, review the board to find more unmarked dead stones or incorrectly marked points. If still not matched, the game record might be wrong.

Here are some problems:

- Even on large-screen IPAD, I missed the dead stones a few times and tapped the nearby empty points. The behaviour when that happens is a bit unpredictable and strange. For example load the game in the screen catpure, try tapping K16 to see what happens. Maybe the algorithm can be further improved? For example, only when an area is all marked before the user is allowed to modify the status of a single points.
- If you do find a way to improve the above point, make sure areas like F19 can still be marked properly.
- Finally a suggestion unrelated to scoring. As can be seen from the screen capture, when turning on the board coordinates, the margins around the board appear to be too large. Can that be improved?

Thanks for the tips and suggestions.

The margin problem is fixed, as shown in attached image :)

The scoring algorithm is deterministic, like this: If tapping K16,
the position is marked as a white territory. As a result, K17, K18,
K19 should be marked as white's territories too as there are no
liberties for them except K16. To mark some empty points in non-closed
area (i.e., not enclosed by stones of same color), should find an
enclosed point to toggle it, then toggle those inside.

Will study other related scoring problems and make adjustments accordingly.

Attachment:
iOS Simulator Screen shot 15 Dec, 2013 12.00.11 pm.png
iOS Simulator Screen shot 15 Dec, 2013 12.00.11 pm.png [ 1.75 MiB | Viewed 7859 times ]

Last edited by GoEye2012 on Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Go Eye released 1.3.5, Go4Go online search & Merry Christmas
Post #151 Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:55 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 127
Was liked: 94
Universal go server handle: tommyray (1d/2d)
Thanks for the search function! It is very useful, and it came with perfect timing - it turns that GoEye got it just when I needed it :)

Small bug found: I'm not sure if this is only me but when I try to tap on info icon while viewing a game I got a freeze for a two seconds and then crash (iPhone4, iOS7.0.4).
I checked it on ipad1&4 too and all is ok there .

Post #152 Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:59 pm 
Lives with ko

lobotommy wrote:
Thanks for the search function! It is very useful, and it came with perfect timing - it turns that GoEye got it just when I needed it :)

Small bug found: I'm not sure if this is only me but when I try to tap on info icon while viewing a game I got a freeze for a two seconds and then crash (iPhone4, iOS7.0.4).
I checked it on ipad1&4 too and all is ok there .

Thanks for reporting it. Confirmed that it is a regression bug. Only iPhone version is affected. The cause has been found and will be fixed asap. Due to Apple's Christmas holiday shutdown of iTunes Connect ("iTunes Connect will be temporarily unavailable from Saturday, December 21, to Friday, December 27, 2013). The fix will come likely in early next year. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Post #153 Posted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:52 am 
Lives in sente

I am setting up gallery software for Go4Go.net. I've gathered all Go Eye's promotional images and put them here:

http://www.go4go.net/go/goeye_gallery

I will later put more screen captures from my iPad and give some tips on using the App.

Post #154 Posted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:32 pm 
Lives with ko

macelee wrote:
I am setting up gallery software for Go4Go.net. I've gathered all Go Eye's promotional images and put them here:

http://www.go4go.net/go/goeye_gallery

I will later put more screen captures from my iPad and give some tips on using the App.

Great thanks for the hard work! It is pretty cool, both the site and Go Eye :)

Post #155 Posted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:21 pm 
Lives with ko

The new 3D perspective view of Go Eye. It is coming in a new big version upgrade in 2014. When we say about big version upgrade, we have rich new features and improvements, not a number flipping trick :)

Attachment:
iOS Simulator Screen shot 27 Dec, 2013 7.48.19 pm.png
iOS Simulator Screen shot 27 Dec, 2013 7.48.19 pm.png [ 1.31 MiB | Viewed 7744 times ]

Last edited by GoEye2012 on Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post #156 Posted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:02 am 
Lives with ko

Youtube movie of Go Eye

Post #157 Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:03 am 
Lives with ko

1.4.0 released!

A new release with many great new features and improvements for year 2014.
New features:
1. The 3D view of Go board and stones! Simply use two fingers pan gesture to rotate the board.
2. Go Eye now remembers your game viewing history. A new view is created for you to review the history. The original recent view is for newly added or modified games.
3. Support importing multiple games from a single SGF file.
4. Quick navigation to previous/next comment in a commented game. For iPhone, pull the comment area up or down till seeing the arrow image and release to navigate to previous and next commented move respectively. For iPad, tap the left and right arrow icons.
5. Enhance the coloring to make the board view more aesthetic.
6. Improve help contents, adding helps for variation viewing, creation and deletion, etc.
7. Many small UI polishes to shine every pixel.

Bug fixes:
1. Fix crash on iPhone version when opening game information dialog.
2. Fix some bad UI layout in SGF source editor on iOS 7.
3. Fix possible scoring error.
GoEye2012 wrote:
Youtube movie of Go Eye

Post subject: Re: Go Eye released 1.4.0, 3D + many great things
Post #158 Posted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:48 pm 
Lives with ko

A new trailer of Go Eye :)

Post #159 Posted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:08 am 
Oza

Liked others: 2338
Was liked: 1332
KGS: ez4u
Yo, GoEye! Please use 'hide' tags on all your photos. Since you are selling an iOS app, you should be sensitive to the fact that Safari does not resize the large photos. As a proud owner do GoEye, I am always checking your posts for the latest updates, but they hurt my eyes!

Post #160 Posted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:53 am 
Lives with ko

ez4u wrote:
Yo, GoEye! Please use 'hide' tags on all your photos. Since you are selling an iOS app, you should be sensitive to the fact that Safari does not resize the large photos. As a proud owner do GoEye, I am always checking your posts for the latest updates, but they hurt my eyes!

I see. Thanks for pointing out the problem. There is no way to hide the tags as L19 has no control over the image tags. It should be possible to use a Safari extension for auto restricting the max-width of image to be 100%. Will check there exits one. Or write one if there is no such thing exists. Please wait for some time.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 360 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 18  Next