Post subject: Hello
Post #1 Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:26 pm 
Beginner

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 1
Universal go server handle: NinzieQT
Online playing schedule: KGS whenver I can
Hey everyone.

I'm a 22 years old Finnish student studying engineering on university of applied sciences. My ex-roommate (I moved to a new apartment in january) told me to watch hikaru no go, as I liked few "similar" animes and as I was into chess and other strategic games. I started to watch the series on november and created my first go account on kgs when I had watched around 50% of the anime. I tried to play a match and played a match vs 9k (I think), which I lost really hard and decided it wasn't my time to play yet, better watch more anime :)

After finishing the anime I played some 9x9 as I realized I was really bad but unfortunately I got hooked up in the newest expansion of world of warcraft and played randomly few matches here and there whenever I had time (=server maintenance on wow, got bored of wow etc) but I got fed up with wow in the end of december, luckily. In the end of the month (played for few days) I was able to reach 19k and decided to get into 12-13k till the end of january. It took me some games and few haylee's videos and I started to get close to 15 and when the month came to its end, I got to 12k (or 13k). I planned on getting into 10k in february and well, I'm a solid 8k now. Took me a lot of tsumegos, theory, videos and matches to reach 8k in around 2.5months. I have fallen in love with this game as it is way harder to understand than chess, and it gives me much to study for.

I had read some articles here in 19x19 before I registered and decided to register to find new posts faster (and comments).

I plan on becoming shodan this year and start attending finnish tournaments next year.

This post by NinzieQT was liked by: Bonobo

Post subject: Re: Hello
Post #2 Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:38 pm 
Oza

Liked others: 662
Was liked: 442
Universal go server handle: Boidhre
Welcome and good luck! :)