All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Not receiving replies from AGA
Post #1 Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:05 am 
Beginner

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 0
GD Posts: 100
KGS: Billybones
I have tried to enter into the AGA pandanet city league, but I haven't gotten any email back in response to my entry (to Steve Colburn and the official AGA email). I also recently sent in a question about my membership and have gotten no response. Does the AGA respond to emails?

-Billy

Post subject: Re: Not receiving replies from AGA
Post #2 Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:59 am 
Oza

Liked others: 157
Was liked: 442
Universal go server handle: skydyr
Online playing schedule: When my wife is out.
Regarding the city league, at least, registration closed on the 20th of September, and you needed to submit a full team including captain, not register as an individual (your question seemed ambiguous on this).

That said, the AGA is entirely volunteer run, so responsiveness depends on the availability and amount of time a given volunteer has, and may take longer than with a company with paid staff. Be patient and persistent, and if it's been a substantial amount of time, perhaps you could try contacting someone else related to the subject of your message.

Post subject: Re: Not receiving replies from AGA
Post #3 Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:01 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 41
Was liked: 87
GD Posts: 111
Hey, Steve here! Sorry I have not responded to your request to be in the league. I do see your email but it got a bit buried in the dozens I have been responding to for the start of the city league. As skydvr mentioned I am the only one in the AGA working on this and it is a lot of work. I have to make sure I follow all of the rules put in place and when I dont, which has happened, i get screwed. Sorry I have not emailed you back (I will this afternoon), but I've been a bit busy. I dont have many days off because of this and I try and relax as much as I can. What you also dont realize is that I help with a ton of the AGA's infrastructure and have to deal with that. As such I am regularly investigating and putting out small/large fires for the organization. I would have loved to email you sooner but Ive been busy.

If you would like to help out the organization in some way we would love the help! Please email volunteer@usgo.org

As for the issue with membership, we have one or two people responding to those emails. Your question may have taken them some time to get to and they havent responded yet. Sometimes they also get bogged down with peoples problems. I can tell you that I do know of one major problem the system is having and we havent gotten that resolved yet. We're working on it.