It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Selling Size 37 Snow Grade slate/shell with bowls
Post #1 Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:50 am 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 11
Was liked: 9
For personal reasons, I can no longer hold onto this set of go stones. So, before I open them to ebay, I thought I would see if anyone on the forums is interested in purchasing.

-These stones are size 37 slate and shell, snow/yuki grade. As an aside, they are absolutely gorgeous.

-They are near-new condition - That is, they have been lightly used for a period of 3 months.

-Stones are clean, and the slate have been oiled. This does not affect their texture, but gives them a solid sheen, as opposed to the coarse look of un-oiled slate. I can clean them at request, but it is not necessary.

-I will also throw in a pair of Keyaki Bowls, just as new as the stones. See pictures below - The stones fit in the bowls with much room left over. These bowls are designed for stones size 36-42.

LUSTER:

BOWLS:

FROM THE SIDE:

IN PLAY:

COMPLETE PACKAGE:

Count is 181 shell, 179 slate.

Lamp and board not for sale

My price is $1200, which includes bowls.

Board is not included.

PM if you are interested! I can provide pictures upon request as well.

Thank you,

Christopher

Last edited by Kris2476 on Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Selling Size 37 Snow Grade slate/shell with bowls
Post #2 Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:42 pm 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 34
Was liked: 52
Are you selling Kuroki stones? If not, it doesn't seem reasonable to compare the stones to Kuroki prices.

Post #3 Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:40 pm 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 11
Was liked: 9
Go_Japan wrote:
Are you selling Kuroki stones? If not, it doesn't seem reasonable to compare the stones to Kuroki prices.

I hadn't meant to speak poorly of Mr. Kuroki and his prices, nor sway favor unjustly towards my stones. But I will remove the statement, since I have done business with Mr. Kuroki in the past, and he is a good businessman with fair prices. If my comment suggested otherwise, I sincerely apologize.

Post #4 Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:43 pm 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 34
Was liked: 52
Kris2476 wrote:
Go_Japan wrote:

I hadn't meant to speak poorly of Mr. Kuroki and his prices, nor sway favor unjustly towards my stones. But I will remove the statement, since I have done business with Mr. Kuroki in the past, and he is a good businessman with fair prices. If my comment suggested otherwise, I sincerely apologize.

Sorry, I didn't mean that you were speaking negatively about Kuroki's prices. I actually find them very high because he is considered an artisan. Because he knows his prices are higher than others, he also marks his stones as you probably know, so no one can say they are selling his work without actually showing the blacklight and numbers.
I can actually get 37 size yuki grade stones from a vendor in Japan for about 110,000 yen (probably the cheapest I could get them), which is about 1034 USD. I just didn't think it was right to compare non-Kuroki stones to Kuroki prices. I still think your sale is a good deal considering that someone in the US a) cannot buy it from most vendors in Japan because they do not ship abroad, b) even if they could, the shipping would be quite high.