It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:38 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Who would win?
AlphaGo win against both Ke Jie and Chinese team 87%  87%  [ 46 ]
AlphaGo lost against Ke Jie but win against Chinese team 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
AlphaGo win against Ke Jie but lost against Chinese team 6%  6%  [ 3 ]
AlphaGo lost on both event 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 53
 Post subject: Predict AlphaGo on Future of Go Summit in Wuzhen, China
Post #1 Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:18 am 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 44
Was liked: 218
GD Posts: 10
From DeepMind website

The summit will feature a variety of game formats involving AlphaGo and top Chinese players, specifically designed to explore the mysteries of the game together. The games will include:

“Pair Go” — A game where one Chinese pro will play against another...except they will both have their own AlphaGo teammate, alternating moves, to take the concept of ‘learning together’ quite literally. Gu Li and AlphaGo vs Lian Xiao and AlphaGo
“Team Go” — A game between AlphaGo and a five-player team consisting of China’s top pro players Shi Yue, Mi Yuting, Tang Weixing, Chen Yaoye and Zhou Ruiyang, working together to test AlphaGo’s creativity and adaptability to their combined style.
“Ke Jie vs AlphaGo” — Of course, the centerpiece of the event will be a classic 1:1 match of three games between AlphaGo and the world’s number one player, Ke Jie, to push AlphaGo to (...perhaps beyond!) its limits.

Last edited by pookpooi on Wed May 24, 2017 11:47 am, edited 4 times in total.

This post by pookpooi was liked by 3 people: Bonobo, lobotommy, luigi

Post subject: Re: Predict AlphaGo on Future of Go Summit in Wuzhen, China
Post #2 Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:22 am 
Lives in sente

Official link on this event

https://deepmind.com/blog/innovations-alphago/
https://deepmind.com/blog/exploring-mysteries-alphago/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_r9smp4-0U

Time setting is 3 hours, 1 minute x 5 byo yomi
Time limits for the 5 pro vs Alphago match is 2.5 hr main time + 3 x 1 minute byoyomi
Time Limits for Gu Li + AlphaGo vs Lian Xiao vs AlphaGo is 1 hr main time + 1 x 1 minute byoyomi

Last edited by pookpooi on Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

This post by pookpooi was liked by 2 people: Bonobo, luigi

Post #3 Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:59 am 
Lives in sente

More update translated by Google from http://bn.sina.cn/video/live/index/sports/alphago2

Master is AlphaGo v25 (They don't announce the version that will play next month yet, but I think it'll be even more update)
Winner get $ 1.5 million, appearance fee of $ 300,000 (Need accurate translation)

Player profiles
AlphaGo (Honorary 9p) Title: Nature front page cover 2016, Japan Go Journalist Club Award 2016
Ke Jie (9p) Title: Bailing Cup 2014, Samsung Cup 2015/2016, MLily Cup 2016

Chen Yaoye (9p) Title: Chunlan Cup 2013, Bailing Cup 2016
Tang Weixing (9p) Title: Samsung Cup 2013, Ing Cup 2016
Mi Yuting (9p) Title: MLily Cup 2013, Limin Cup 2017
Zhou Ruiyang (9p) Title: Bailing Cup 2013
Shi Yue (9p) Title: LG Cup 2013

Gu Li (9p) Title: LG Cup 2006/2009, Chunlan Cup 2007/2015, Fujitsu Cup 2008, World Oza 2008, BC Card Cup 2009, Samsung Cup 2010
Lian Xiao (8p)

Last edited by pookpooi on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

This post by pookpooi was liked by: luigi

Post #4 Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:19 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 181
Was liked: 41
Where did you find the info on the time settings? I can't see it on the DeepMind website.

Post #5 Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:11 am 
Lives in sente

luigi wrote:
Where did you find the info on the time settings? I can't see it on the DeepMind website.

https://www.reddit.com/r/baduk/comments ... vs_ke_jie/

This post by pookpooi was liked by: luigi

Post #6 Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:47 am 
Lives in sente

"We intend to publish more scientific papers in the future, which will include further details of AlphaGo's progress."
Google added that Mr Lee would also be invited, but was not sure if he would attend. (Mr. Lee = Lee Sedol)
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-39553291
Oh I really hope Lee Sedol (and other South Korean professionals) can come, or at least, let him do live commentary (Just like what Ke Jie does during Lee Sedol match)

Post #7 Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:51 am 
Tengen

Liked others: 499
Was liked: 733
GD Posts: 65
OGS: Hyperpape 4k
pookpooi wrote:
Time limits for the 5 pro vs Alphago match is 2.5 hr main time + 3 x 1 minute byoyomi
I don't know how the decision was made and I'm sure it's unreasonable to get 5 of the best Chinese players to take several days for a match, but that doesn't seem like enough time for a proper consultation game.

If you expect that consulting amongst 5 members requires 3 minutes for any move where there's not instant agreement, that gives the professionals 50 non-obvious moves for the entire game, which is not that much. It seems like either they'd waste valuable time or end up playing a sort of rengo.

Post #8 Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:04 am 
Lives in sente

hyperpape wrote:
I don't know how the decision was made and I'm sure it's unreasonable to get 5 of the best Chinese players to take several days for a match, but that doesn't seem like enough time for a proper consultation game.

If you expect that consulting amongst 5 members requires 3 minutes for any move where there's not instant agreement, that gives the professionals 50 non-obvious moves for the entire game, which is not that much. It seems like either they'd waste valuable time or end up playing a sort of rengo.

I watch video of Chen Yaoye team up with Meng Tailing match against Master, I think these Chinese pro are really working in harmony. So I expect the 5 pro team to be quick and each pro going on the same direction. And I think they're friends? since they're all in 20s age.

Post #9 Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:07 am 
Gosei

Liked others: 90
Was liked: 837
KGS: Capsule 4d
Tygem: 치킨까스 5d
pookpooi wrote:
I watch video of Chen Yaoye team up with Meng Tailing match against Master, I think these Chinese pro are really working in harmony.
Did we watch the same video? Because I got the impression that Chen Yaoye was more distracted by Meng Tailing rather than working in harmony with him.

Post #10 Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:20 am 
Lives in sente

I'm trying to find video but it got deleted? Now there's only video of them do post game commentary.

Post #11 Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:23 am 
Lives in sente

More video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvtRWWzuybo

Post #12 Posted: Sat May 06, 2017 5:33 am 
Lives in sente

A little bit update, DeepMind team will stay in China for 3 weeks, they'll go back to London in June. And yes, they're very exciting on working under 'The Great Firewall' for the first time. Confirmed Western press that will cover event in China are Wired and New York Times.

Post #13 Posted: Sat May 06, 2017 5:42 am 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 3
Was liked: 8
pookpooi wrote:
A little bit update, DeepMind team will stay in China for 3 weeks, they'll go back to London in June. And yes, they're very exciting on working under 'The Great Firewall' for the first time. Confirmed Western press that will cover event in China are Wired and New York Times.

A Japanese friend suggested, somewhat jokingly (or so I hope), that perhaps Google and China should move this event to North Korea, in the spirit of peace and friendship of course. He thinks this might help defuse the current crisis on the peninsula. After all, he said, it was the Chinese who introduced civilization to Korea, and they might have to do so again; and there are few better ways of civilizing Koreans than exposing them to Go.

Post #14 Posted: Sat May 06, 2017 6:17 am 
Lives in sente

You know, no matter if AlphaGo reach 20 Dan or not, it's gonna lose to North Korean pro (or whatever they have)
But then again, it may be a good thing like your friend suggested, and I'd love to see the game record which AlphaGo mysteriously lose too ;)

Post #15 Posted: Sat May 06, 2017 6:45 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 23
Was liked: 43
i predict pooki will be out of a job in June as there will be no more clickbait payments for him when they move on to greener and richer fields, like the NHS, although that isnt going to last much longer either

Post #16 Posted: Sat May 06, 2017 7:02 am 
Lives in sente

That would be very bad, I've my parents and my brother depend on my income.

Post #17 Posted: Sat May 06, 2017 8:21 am 
Dies in gote

pookpooi wrote:
That would be very bad, I've my parents and my brother depend on my income.

Become a lumberjack. The CIA pays them quite well apparently.

http://gizmodo.com/north-korea-thinks-the-cia-hired-a-lumberjack-to-assass-1794950500

These Koreans are utterly unhinged. I'm afraid not even Go can help them.

This post by ewan1971 was liked by: pookpooi

Post #18 Posted: Sat May 06, 2017 6:48 pm 
Lives in gote

hmm, dont know if i would fancy being a lumberjack (trees, Right to Life and all that) - although, it would curry favour with the FBI as both they and Michael Palin are cross-dressers. Still, for all i know, pooki may be a girl - she certainly has a girl's attention to detail - so it would be a piece of cake for her. And you could make gobans out of them, so yes, it would be a good idea. You just have to move to Canada, or Finland, where they still grow trees; all the others have been cut down to make way for oil palms to power the generators to feed the hungry dog.

PS i have to correct ewan on one minor point: it was probably the Koreans that introduced civilisation to China, because human migration moved northwards from Ethiopia, or am i getting my geography mixed up?

either way, it was the Koreans who invaded Japan first, even before the Americans and Portuguese (dont know about the Filipinos though, they are very excellent sailors - or maybe it was the bogeymen from Bugis land?). Just ask any Ainu and they will tell you.

Post #19 Posted: Sat May 06, 2017 8:29 pm 
Dies in gote

djhbrown wrote:
hmm, dont know if i would fancy being a lumberjack (trees, Right to Life and all that) - although, it would curry favour with the FBI as both they and Michael Palin are cross-dressers. Still, for all i know, pooki may be a girl - she certainly has a girl's attention to detail - so it would be a piece of cake for her. And you could make gobans out of them, so yes, it would be a good idea. You just have to move to Canada, or Finland, where they still grow trees; all the others have been cut down to make way for oil palms to power the generators to feed the hungry dog.

PS i have to correct ewan on one minor point: it was probably the Koreans that introduced civilisation to China, because human migration moved northwards from Ethiopia, or am i getting my geography mixed up?

either way, it was the Koreans who invaded Japan first, even before the Americans and Portuguese (dont know about the Filipinos though, they are very excellent sailors - or maybe it was the bogeymen from Bugis land?). Just ask any Ainu and they will tell you.

Modern humans migrated out of Africa, with some of them settling in Anatolia for a time before moving onto other places. An earlier migration out of Africa took a more southernly route, via the sea and populated various Indian Ocean and Pacific islands such as Maldives, Indonesia, Malaysia, so on and on.

So to answer your question, in general humans migrated from south to north. The Koreans however are a special case, the Young General Kim Jong-un would have you believe.

Koreans are a pure blooded people descended from bears(?), nay, from a god-like race residing on Mount Paektu since time immemorial. Therefore, it's only natural that Koreans were the first race, the source of all knowledge and civlization, and all that is good and pure, so on and on.

So ignore all the archeological evidence of Koreans living in caves and drinking from streams with their cupped hands prior to their contact with the Chinese civilization. That's all Western imperialist hogwash. Without the Kim Family, there would be no civilization.

Post #20 Posted: Sat May 06, 2017 8:48 pm 
Lives in gote

more to the point, without the Kims, there would be no Kim Chee, and then where would we be? living off overboiled English cabbage, about as tasty as Alphago

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next