Liked others: 110
Was liked: 155
GD Posts: 1190
KGS: apetresc
IGS: apetresc
OGS: apetresc
Universal go server handle: apetresc
It just went up with the latest server upgrade a few minutes ago:

So far I haven't been able to get paired yet, since the pool's been up a grand total of ten minutes. Hopefully it'll be instantaneous soon :)

This post by apetresc was liked by 6 people: Bonobo, CnP, dutchie, FuriousGeorge, Monadology, TheBigH

Post subject: Re: Automatch is now live!
Post #2 Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:38 pm 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 272
Was liked: 126
Why is there a button labeled "custom"? The concept of "custom" is surely the very antithesis of "automatch", yes?

EDIT: Also, what's up with "~10s per move" and "~30s per move"? Why not actually *specify* the time controls so that actual go players can use the feature?

Post #3 Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:22 am 
Oza

Liked others: 8262
Was liked: 924
OGS: trohde
Universal go server handle: trohde
Charlie wrote:
Why is there a button labeled "custom"? The concept of "custom" is surely the very antithesis of "automatch", yes?
Nope. Have you actually clicked it? This way you can set up a challenge to your taste and then you’ll be matched with ppl who have set up similar challenges.

Quote:
EDIT: Also, what's up with "~10s per move" and "~30s per move"? Why not actually *specify* the time controls so that actual go players can use the feature?
I’d recommend asking on the OGS forum since you can’t be sure the developers read everything here in a timely manner.

https://forums.online-go.com/t/automatc ... rver/12089 (this is the thread from the time when automatch was in beta test but it’s still active)

This post by Bonobo was liked by: Charlie

Post #4 Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:03 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 272
Was liked: 126
I tried out the automatch, today. I was immediately matched to an opponent who was offline. After waiting for about five minutes, I had to cancel the game at which point the server told me "Black **wins** by cancellation." That's a bit of a poor show if you ask me.

I tried again and never got another match.

To be entirely fair to OGS, after a very, very long wait, I did eventually get a game with an opponent who was not offline. It was a very good game, too. I suppose that the feature is useful if you have time to wait AND you aren't doing anything you can interrupt when the game does, indeed, begin.

Post #5 Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:36 am 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 33
Was liked: 8
Universal go server handle: FuriousGeorge
So far I've had a good experience with it. I'm matched fairly quickly and evenly.... But I also think there are a lot more DDKs than SDKs and dan level players, so I'm in the largest match pool.

I imagine it might be a little harder to get a match the higher level you are ...