It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:07 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sabaki SGF editor
Post #121 Posted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:24 pm 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 3
Was liked: 8
FuriousGeorge wrote:
ewan1971 wrote:
If anyone here is a talented graphics designer, I'd be willing to pay some money to have he/she design some stones for Sabaki. I'm thinking maybe a set of shell and slate and a set of Yunzi stones would be a nice addition.

Anyone else think this is a good idea and be willing to chip in?

P.S. I like the default stones very much; I simply like some more options.

It looks like people have already contributed different styles: https://github.com/yishn/Sabaki/wiki/Userstyles but it will require you to do a little legwork to get them into the program contents.

See the instructions here: https://github.com/yishn/Sabaki/wiki/Userstyle-Tutorial

I'm a designer/front-end developer myself and would be happy to take a swing at making a new skin, but no money necessary. I've been using Sabaki as my SGF viewer since I started learning Go a few weeks ago. I thought it was the most elegant of the offerings out there!

Thank you very much for the pointers and links!

Post #122 Posted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:27 pm 
Honinbo

Liked others: 1600
Was liked: 1711
KGS: Kirby
Tygem: 커비라고해
Is there anything that can be done to improve the load time for the application? For example, opening a new window with a blank board seems to take time compared to other SGF editors.

Maybe it's just my perception...?

Post #123 Posted: Thu May 04, 2017 7:00 pm 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 23
Was liked: 43
FuriousGeorge wrote:
ewan1971 wrote:
If anyone here is a talented graphics designer, I'd be willing to pay some money to have he/she design some stones for Sabaki

pay me, i can do it with one hand behind my back, by copying and pasting from cgoban. then i can spend the money to hire someone to turn Sabaki into icGo for me.

Post #124 Posted: Wed May 10, 2017 8:28 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 110
Was liked: 155
GD Posts: 1190
KGS: apetresc
IGS: apetresc
OGS: apetresc
Universal go server handle: apetresc
Kirby wrote:
Is there anything that can be done to improve the load time for the application? For example, opening a new window with a blank board seems to take time compared to other SGF editors.

Maybe it's just my perception...?

Have you tried Sabaki since the new v0.30.1 release? That was a big performance-related change since it switched to Preact.

Post #125 Posted: Wed May 10, 2017 10:33 pm 
Honinbo

Liked others: 1600
Was liked: 1711
KGS: Kirby
Tygem: 커비라고해
apetresc wrote:

Have you tried Sabaki since the new v0.30.1 release? That was a big performance-related change since it switched to Preact.

Thanks for mentioning this. I made a funny mistake. From when I installed v0.20.<something>, Sabaki was installed under Windows in my "Program Files (x86)" folder - maybe I installed the ia32 version by mistake. When I downloaded the update, it installed to "Program Files". So even though, I had a new version installed, the shortcut I had been using pointed to the old version.

Now that I'm using the latest version, I'd say that it's not terrible. Still a bit more lag than I'd like - maybe about 1.5 seconds to load a new window on my laptop.

Not a huge deal, I suppose... I can live with this if it means I get to have all of the nice features Sabaki supports :-D

Post #126 Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:20 am 
Beginner

Liked others: 4
Was liked: 1
KGS: Sakeus
Kaya handle: Sakeus
There's sabaki editor for android in play store is it yours or some knock off

Post #127 Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:43 pm 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 15
Sakeus wrote:

I'm hearing of this the first time, I suspect it's a thin wrapper around the web version of Sabaki. Which, BTW, is not optimized for touch devices at all.

Post #128 Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:12 am 
Beginner

Liked others: 4
Was liked: 1
KGS: Sakeus
Kaya handle: Sakeus
yishn wrote:
Sakeus wrote:

I'm hearing of this the first time, I suspect it's a thin wrapper around the web version of Sabaki. Which, BTW, is not optimized for touch devices at all.

Just as I thought. It's bad.
Are you thinking of doing sabaki for android? I am looking for some app with the moves tree and so on. I record my tournament games on my phone and If possible review them right after and the tree would help a lot. :) and I freaking love how sabaki looks.

Post #129 Posted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:18 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 295
Was liked: 64
IGS: 4k
Universal go server handle: BlindGroup
I noticed something odd about how Sabaki handles file names. If I open an sgf file, it gives the file name in the upper left. However, if I then save the file under a new name (save as), the new file name does not replace the old one in the upper left. It looks like the programs does follow the convention that "save" automatically saves to the last used file name. So, if I save file1 as file2, Sabaki will save to the name file2 when I hit "save". It looks like the screen is just not updated when the file name changes.

Post #130 Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:02 am 
Dies in gote

BlindGroup wrote:
I noticed something odd about how Sabaki handles file names. If I open an sgf file, it gives the file name in the upper left. However, if I then save the file under a new name (save as), the new file name does not replace the old one in the upper left. It looks like the programs does follow the convention that "save" automatically saves to the last used file name. So, if I save file1 as file2, Sabaki will save to the name file2 when I hit "save". It looks like the screen is just not updated when the file name changes.

I can't seem to reproduce the behavior you're describing. If I open a file, say `file.sgf`, and save as `new.sgf`, then the title of the window will change to `new.sgf` as expected.

Post #131 Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:26 am 
Lives in gote

yishn wrote:
I can't seem to reproduce the behavior you're describing. If I open a file, say `file.sgf`, and save as `new.sgf`, then the title of the window will change to `new.sgf` as expected.

Interesting. I can reproduce it on my installation. What can I share with you to help you figure out what is going on? I could e-mail you a video of the sequence if that would be helpful. But I'd rather not post that on a public forum.

Post #132 Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:15 am 
Dies in gote

BlindGroup wrote:
Interesting. I can reproduce it on my installation. What can I share with you to help you figure out what is going on? I could e-mail you a video of the sequence if that would be helpful. But I'd rather not post that on a public forum.

Sure, a video could be useful. You can contact me at shen.yichuan[at]gmail.com. Can you tell me what OS you're using? Also, you can try to reinstall Sabaki.

Post #133 Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:55 pm 
Dies in gote

BlindGroup wrote:

I've received your video, but I still can't reproduce this behaviour on the latest version of Sabaki. I suspect you have an outdated version. I can vaguely remember that this was an issue some versions ago...

Post #134 Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:57 pm 
Lives in gote

yishn wrote:
BlindGroup wrote:

I've received your video, but I still can't reproduce this behaviour on the latest version of Sabaki. I suspect you have an outdated version. I can vaguely remember that this was an issue some versions ago...

Sorry for the delayed reply on this. It slipped my mind. I'm running V0.31.2. That is the most recent one, no?

Post #135 Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:14 pm 
Dies in gote

BlindGroup wrote:
Sorry for the delayed reply on this. It slipped my mind. I'm running V0.31.2. That is the most recent one, no?

Yes, it is... Hmm, I'm running out of ideas now. Have you already tried downloading a fresh version? Other things you could do is to remove the config folder located at `%APPDATA%\Sabaki`.

Post #136 Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:02 pm 
Lives in gote

yishn wrote:
Yes, it is... Hmm, I'm running out of ideas now. Have you already tried downloading a fresh version? Other things you could do is to remove the config folder located at `%APPDATA%\Sabaki`.

I had tried reinstalling before, but I just uninstalled the program, removed the config folder, and then reinstalled. No luck. Still doing the same thing.

However, I noticed something new. (This may have been the case before the reinstall, but I only noticed it afterwards.) If I open a file (say file1) and save it as file2, file1 is still listed in the upper left. However, in the program tab in the tool bar, it lists the name correctly as file 2, and if I minimize and then maximize the window, the file2 is then correctly shown in the upper left as well.

Post #137 Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:10 am 
Dies in gote

BlindGroup wrote:
yishn wrote:

I had tried reinstalling before, but I just uninstalled the program, removed the config folder, and then reinstalled. No luck. Still doing the same thing.

However, I noticed something new. (This may have been the case before the reinstall, but I only noticed it afterwards.) If I open a file (say file1) and save it as file2, file1 is still listed in the upper left. However, in the program tab in the tool bar, it lists the name correctly as file 2, and if I minimize and then maximize the window, the file2 is then correctly shown in the upper left as well.

I don't know what you mean by "program tab" and "tool bar", but I assume you mean the Windows task bar? It seems like Windows isn't redrawing the title bar for some reason. I notice you're using the 'classic' Windows theme, maybe it's related to that? In any case, this is most likely an Electron bug.

Post #138 Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:44 am 
Lives in gote

yishn wrote:
I don't know what you mean by "program tab" and "tool bar", but I assume you mean the Windows task bar? It seems like Windows isn't redrawing the title bar for some reason. I notice you're using the 'classic' Windows theme, maybe it's related to that? In any case, this is most likely an Electron bug.

Sorry for mixing up the terms, but yes, that is what I meant. That said, thanks for looking into it.

One suggestion for a future feature: I would find it useful if there was a way to label nodes in the move tree so that the labels were visible as part of the tree. As a specific example (simple one), one could label a node "End Review" if one were reviewing a game and had to take a break for a while. That way, when returning you could just look at the game tree and click on the node with that label rather than trying to remember that you reviewed the game up to move number X. For more complex SGF's, it also might allow the game tree to serve as a type of table of contents. Just a thought.

Thanks again for all the work you have done putting this together!

Post #139 Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:32 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 228
Was liked: 84
Thank you for Sabaki!

After building in Linux I have two folders with runnable Sabaki:

* /dist/linux-ia32-unpacked
* /dist/linux-unpacked

what is the difference?

Post #140 Posted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:08 am 
Dies in gote

Drew wrote:
Thank you for Sabaki!

After building in Linux I have two folders with runnable Sabaki:

* /dist/linux-ia32-unpacked
* /dist/linux-unpacked

what is the difference?

The first one contains the 32-bit version, the second one the 64-bit version.

This post by yishn was liked by: Drew

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next