All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Zero Problem (a freeware)
Post #1 Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:55 am 
Beginner

Liked others: 1
Was liked: 5
KGS: headless
Hi,

I released a small and simple software yesterday. It generates Go problems from your game records using Leela Zero and
is available from GitHub (https://github.com/colonq/zero-problem). Here is an example output (https://colonq.github.io/zero-problem/Go_Elf1_10K.html) to explain what the software is. Each diagram in the html accepts mouse clicking and scrolling, and the html will be printed clearly. I hope that the software will help you increase your Go skills.

Thanks.

This post by headless was liked by: Dontbtme

Post subject: Re: Zero Problem (a freeware)
Post #2 Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:54 pm 
Gosei

Liked others: 702
Was liked: 288
KGS: greendemon
Tygem: greendemon
DGS: smaragdaemon
OGS: emeraldemon
Cool idea! Is the left column your move, and the right column the AI's suggestion?

Post #3 Posted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:36 pm 
Oza

Liked others: 2338
Was liked: 1332
KGS: ez4u
From the readme file:

"Use a generated HTML file

* Each Go problem contains a couple of diagrams arranged horizontally.
    * Each Go problem have a caption. The caption contains an ID and a couple of estimated win rates, but each percentage may have a large error.
    * A diagram on the left shows the best move sequence estimated by Leela Zero. A diagram on the right shows the next move and the best move sequence estimated by Leela Zero on the next position.
    * You can click on a diagram to start animating, and click again to show the first diagram.
    * When the mouse cursor is on a diagram, you can use the scroll wheel to show the next or previous position.
    * A generated file is printed in grayscale from a web browser. The size of printed diagrams depends on your browser.
"

Post #4 Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:49 am 
Dies with sente

Liked others: 26
Was liked: 20
KGS: 2k
Tygem: 2d
IGS: 1k
Wbaduk: 2d
OGS: 1K
Thank you for this software: it's terrific! :D
In the User Guide, you wrote: "If the Go game recorded on a file is awesome or just short, this software will generate a less number of Go problems."
So I was wondering what were the conditions for a position to be selected as a problem... I suppose it has to do with the winrate dropping a certain amount. If so, how much?
Last question: will you develop Zero-Problem further in the future or do you consider it over and done with?
In any case, this tool is gonna be very useful to me. So thank you again! :)

Post #5 Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:55 am 
Beginner

emeraldemon wrote:
Cool idea! Is the left column your move, and the right column the AI's suggestion?

The AI's suggestion in the left column, and your move plus the AI's suggestion in the right. There is two reasons:
You probably read from left to right. It's better that the more important diagrams place in the left column. Your moves are probably worse than the AI's moves, it means that diagrams which contains your moves is less important. That's why the AI's suggestion is in the left side.
Your game records can contain both of your wrong moves and your opponent's wrong moves. If this software coped move sequences in your games into the right-side diagrams, that could confuse you. You don't need a kind of diagram which shows "You made a big mistake but you won the game". That's why your move plus the AI's suggestion shows in the right.

Here is a link to the list of documents (https://colonq.github.io/zero-problem/). And thank you for your interest in my software.

Post #6 Posted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:13 am 
Beginner

Dontbtme wrote:
In the User Guide, you wrote: "If the Go game recorded on a file is awesome or just short, this software will generate a less number of Go problems."
So I was wondering what were the conditions for a position to be selected as a problem... I suppose it has to do with the winrate dropping a certain amount. If so, how much?

This software calculates priorities for all moves in the first stage. It uses a parameter of 1/30 of "Number of visits" in the first stage for the trade off between speed and quality. And the software generates Go problems for the positions which have high priority. It uses a parameter of "Number of visits" in the second stage. However, it makes an issue like that a wrong move which the AI found in the first stage is a good move in the second stage, and the software will skip generating on that position to solve the issue. When input games have many wrong moves, the issue happens rarely.

A priority will be calculated like below:

A is a winrate after your play.
B is a winrate after the AI's play.
A row-score(D) is B - A.
If D is a negative value, a priority is -1. <END OF CALCULATION>
An average(E) is {B + A} / 2
If E is greater than 50, an importance(F) is 100 - E.
If E is less than 50, F is E.
A priority is D * F * 0.01. <END OF CALCULATION>

If you want to know more details, you may change the option of "Logging disable" to "Logging enable" on settings.txt, and read log.txt.

Dontbtme wrote:
Last question: will you develop Zero-Problem further in the future or do you consider it over and done with?

I won't append a lot of features to this software because I want to keep my project simple, but I have a plan for 9x9 support using Leela 0.11.0 GTP.