It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:54 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: shape move fork
Post #1 Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:36 pm 
Bill Spight wrote:
So what are the go rules? It does matter.
i recall seeing the LZ for world domination crowd talking about this, but frankly, my dear, i don't give a damn.

However, i am probably in a minority, so i will do my best to answer your question:

first off, i don't know for sure, but i can guess which rules the author had in mind, from her identity.

but kindly indulge me in not revealing that (not even her nationality) at this stage, as that would clue the Hercule Poirots of this forum into database searches and whatnot to find out whodunnit before anyone else.

i do want to suggest, in all sincerity, that regardless of whether a counting system or special handicap network training would make the slightest measurable significant difference in whatever LZ thinks is the best move, in this particular case it won't make any difference at all.

i ask you to trust me on this one, at least for a while, until all is revealed, because i am hoping we can collectively gather a little data about what people think about and not think about when playing Go, irrespective of any harmonics on the theme.

Post subject: Re: shape move fork
Post #2 Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:31 pm 
Honinbo

Liked others: 3651
Was liked: 3374
jaca wrote:
Bill Spight wrote:
So what are the go rules? It does matter.
i recall seeing the LZ for world domination crowd talking about this, but frankly, my dear, i don't give a damn.

However, i am probably in a minority, so i will do my best to answer your question:

first off, i don't know for sure, but i can guess which rules the author had in mind, from her identity.

but kindly indulge me in not revealing that (not even her nationality) at this stage, as that would clue the Hercule Poirots of this forum into database searches and whatnot to find out whodunnit before anyone else.

i do want to suggest, in all sincerity, that regardless of whether a counting system or special handicap network training would make the slightest measurable significant difference in whatever LZ thinks is the best move, in this particular case it won't make any difference at all.

i ask you to trust me on this one, at least for a while, until all is revealed, because i am hoping we can collectively gather a little data about what people think about and not think about when playing Go, irrespective of any harmonics on the theme.

You don't know why I am asking.

Visualize whirled peas.

Everything with love. Stay safe.

Post subject: Re: shape move fork
Post #3 Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:48 pm 
:) since visiting this planet as part of a surveillance team to see if it would make a decent home for us when our own planet is bulldozed to make way for an intergalactic superhighway, i have been bemused by the amount of time humans spend thinking they know what each other thinks, given that they dont even know what is in their own minds!

so, yes, i have no idea why you are asking, Bill.

i can only guess that you may be thinking that if komi were 6.5, black would have to be aggressive, but if it were 7.5, black can take it easy and let white do all the worrying.

but as i said before, i don't think it would make a fig of difference to LZ what komi is, or how many handicap stones there are, because best is best, no matter what the rules are, except for certain pathological situations that only turn up in school mathematics books, which should all be burned by Montag, and their writers sent to re-education camps in the Gulag Archipelago. First in line would be that nitwit sitting in his comfy chair of Public Misunderstanding of Science who is obsessed with Pi, which no-one with any sense bothers about, as the only people that need to know Pi to enty decimal places are engineers.

Before i came to this college, i couldn't spell the word "engineer" - Now i are one!

PS edit: delete black, insert white; delete white, insert black.
PPS oh, bother, now there's no white at all!
PPPS delete PS, insert, oh, i don't know,...