It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tools for computer analysis of batch of games?
Post #1 Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:05 am 
Beginner

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 2
OGS: cleinias
Does anyone know if there are tools that allow computer analysis (Leela, etc.) to be carried out on batches of files? I know goreviewpartner and q5go allow batch analysis of single sgf games, but it seems you have to go though one game at a time. And the analysis itself is quite long I have a rather large batch of games I played, and I was wondering if I could do all the analysis at once and then go through the results (e.g. the .rsgf files goreviewpartner produces) one game at a time.

If goreviewpartner or similar tools provided a command-line tool, it would be easy to fetch it to a script and make it run on a list of files. But I haven't found any such tool.

Suggestions?

Post subject: Re: Tools for computer analysis of batch of games?
Post #2 Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:45 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 46
Was liked: 116
cleinias wrote:
Does anyone know if there are tools that allow computer analysis (Leela, etc.) to be carried out on batches of files? I know goreviewpartner and q5go allow batch analysis of single sgf games, but it seems you have to go though one game at a time. And the analysis itself is quite long I have a rather large batch of games I played, and I was wondering if I could do all the analysis at once and then go through the results (e.g. the .rsgf files goreviewpartner produces) one game at a time.

If goreviewpartner or similar tools provided a command-line tool, it would be easy to fetch it to a script and make it run on a list of files. But I haven't found any such tool.

Suggestions?

q5go allows adding several files into a queue and they will be processed in order (which you can adjust with drag and drop). What it doesn't do automatically yet is save these - you'll have to open the windows, wait for analyses to finish and then save them. That's mostly a user-interface problem of deciding how to specify save file names or automatically generate them: when no good solution is immediately apparent, the safe option is to leave it to the user.

I've thought about having a command line option to immediately add a set of files to the analysis queue. That should be simple, but so far it hasn't made the top spot in the todo list.

Post subject: Re: Tools for computer analysis of batch of games?
Post #3 Posted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:09 pm 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 94
Was liked: 153
cleinias wrote:
goreviewpartner does provide a commandline tool for batch analysis: http://yuntingdian.com/goreviewpartner/grp-documentation/doc.htm#advanced-uses ;-)

This post by pnprog was liked by: yakcyll