It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:23 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lazy Baduk: Leela Zero analysis tool for Android
Post #1 Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:18 am 
Beginner

Liked others: 3
Was liked: 8
I've just released Lazy Baduk, a Leela Zero analysis tool for Android. The app is available on Google Play, or a few versions with different weights can be downloaded directly from Github (see below). It requires Android version 6.0 (Marshmallow) or higher.

The app focuses on making it as easy as possible to start entering and analysing moves with Leela Zero, with core support for pondering, variation display, AI play (including autoplay for black and/or white), and a winrate graph. I've kept the interface as simple as possible for that reason, although I may in the future add features such as SGF save/load.

The version on Google Play uses the last 15x192 network, from July last year, as a tradeoff between strength and analysis speed. Larger networks are both noticeably slower to load on a phone, and slower to generate playouts. I'm not sure what is the best choice to balance strength and speed, but the current version seems to perform fairly well.

I've also made available some other network versions for direct download. The apps have different names and can be installed simultaneously if you want:

Lazy Baduk's source is available on Github if anyone is interested. It works by including a version of Leela Zero compiled for arm. It runs only on the CPU, although GPU support might be possible in the future for some devices. Leela Zero does use as much CPU power as it can, which can drain the battery very fast - consider charging your phone while using the app!

Anyone interested in a more featureful SGF editor that includes Leela Zero (and other bot) analysis might like to look at Ah Q Go.

This post by afar was liked by 2 people: Bonobo, Drew

Post subject: Re: Lazy Baduk: Leela Zero analysis tool for Android
Post #2 Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:23 am 
Oza

Liked others: 8262
Was liked: 924
OGS: trohde
Universal go server handle: trohde
Wow. Looks nice.

Sadly I don’t have an Android device. Any chance that we can get this for iOS also?

BTW I find it very cool of you to mention that other app also … respect!

This post by Bonobo was liked by: afar

Post #3 Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:45 am 
Beginner

Bonobo wrote:
Wow. Looks nice.

Sadly I don’t have an Android device. Any chance that we can get this for iOS also?

Thanks!

Unfortunately iOS development is impossible without macOS, which I don't have (plus the developer account fee is far higher).

The app is written using the cross-platform Kivy framework, which does support iOS, so it may not be that hard to port it if anyone gets into it. The missing bit would be compiling Leela Zero using the iOS developer tools, it's probably possible but might require a bit of thought.

This post by afar was liked by: Bonobo

Post #4 Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:28 pm 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 10
Aha, nice job, Thank you for your recommendation. :tmbup:

Post #5 Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:46 pm 
Beginner

I just added a 13x13 version, using the procedure discussed here for convering 19x19 weights for different board sizes. The weights used come from LZ network #205. Apparently they are very strong, but I think the network is also quite large and so might be a bit slower than you'd hope on a phone.

Post #6 Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:46 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 228
Was liked: 84
This is a great little app. You've given the community a wonderful gift. Thank you.

This post by Drew was liked by: afar

Post #7 Posted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:21 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 22
Was liked: 97
Superb program :tmbup: very easy to use, especially on a tablet.

Is there a way to play handicap go ? (with the 15b networks, LZ plays good H games)

Maybe a "pass" button would do the job ?

Anyway, thank you :clap:

Post #8 Posted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:38 am 
Beginner

Vargo wrote:
Superb program :tmbup: very easy to use, especially on a tablet.

Thanks!

Quote:

Is there a way to play handicap go ? (with the 15b networks, LZ plays good H games)

Maybe a "pass" button would do the job ?

Right now there isn't, but at least adding a pass button would be easy enough (if I can find somewhere to put it!). I'll try to get around to that in a future update.

Post #9 Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:45 pm 
Beginner

Just released version 0.7 to Google Play, it should be available for download or upgrade very shortly. Major new features include:

• Leela Zero updated to version 0.17, should be a bit faster.
  • Added region select buttons. When pondering, Leela Zero will only suggest sequences that start within the selected region.
  • Updated the Google Play version to the 192x15 block network from here, this network is trained on 40b games and is stronger than the normal 15b network without incurring the slowdown of the increased network size.
  • Added pass button and coordinates toggle.

Region select screenshot:

Post #10 Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:45 am 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 22
Was liked: 97
Works very well... :clap:

Four handicap games against Crazy Stone Deep Learning :
First game : C.S. set at 2Dan, H3 (komi 7.5) LazyB won easily.
Second and third games : H2 against CS set at 5Dan. LazyB won both convincingly, with its winrate increasing steadily during the games (white histograms at the bottom of the 2 pictures)
at 5D, CS takes 9 sec/move on an Ipad, and I let L.B. think for ~ 2-6 sec / move
Attachment:
1.jpg
1.jpg [ 217.55 KiB | Viewed 9286 times ]
Attachment:
2.jpg
2.jpg [ 245.67 KiB | Viewed 9286 times ]

Fourth game : H3 against CS 5D. This time, LB lost, but the game could have gone both ways, LB failed to kill a big black group.

LB is around 50% quicker on my (average) tablet than on my S8 phone

This post by Vargo was liked by: afar

Post #11 Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:31 am 
Beginner

Vargo wrote:
Works very well... :clap:

Four handicap games against Crazy Stone Deep Learning :
First game : C.S. set at 2Dan, H3 (komi 7.5) LazyB won easily.
Second and third games : H2 against CS set at 5Dan. LazyB won both convincingly, with its winrate increasing steadily during the games (white histograms at the bottom of the 2 pictures)
at 5D, CS takes 9 sec/move on an Ipad, and I let L.B. think for ~ 2-6 sec / move
Fourth game : H3 against CS 5D. This time, LB lost, but the game could have gone both ways, LB failed to kill a big black group.

LB is around 50% quicker on my (average) tablet than on my S8 phone

Wow, very nice. Leela Zero is performing better than I'd expected there, given the combination of being a handicap game and running on a slow device, but it's an excellent demonstration of LZ's effortless strength.

I never really messed with the adjustable komi networks, this is tempting me to try and integrate them for handicap play!

Post #12 Posted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:56 am 
Gosei

Liked others: 621
Was liked: 310
Very nice, needs load & save sgf.

Post #13 Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:56 am 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 60
Was liked: 10
afar wrote:
I just added a 13x13 version, using the procedure discussed here for convering 19x19 weights for different board sizes. The weights used come from LZ network #205. Apparently they are very strong, but I think the network is also quite large and so might be a bit slower than you'd hope on a phone.

13x13 version does not work, checked on multiple devices. What could be the reason? and how to replace the network?