It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:01 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: q5Go-0.9: KataGo support, new variants, more AI game opt
Post #41 Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:12 pm 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 72
Was liked: 479
KGS: macelee
Thanks for your fix. I can compile everything now.

BTW, your have a small bit missing in your install script - the .html file is not copied to the install directory so it won't show when you click Help -> View README

Post #42 Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:05 am 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 46
Was liked: 116
macelee wrote:
Thanks for your fix. I can compile everything now.

BTW, your have a small bit missing in your install script - the .html file is not copied to the install directory so it won't show when you click Help -> View README

It should be - the requirement is that you have pandoc installed, in order to convert the README.md file to html.

Post #43 Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:42 pm 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 72
Was liked: 479
KGS: macelee
I have pandoc. But Help -> View README shows a blank page. The image files are there but I had to manually copy the HTML file to the correct location.

Post #44 Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:38 pm 
Dies in gote

Liked others: 4
Was liked: 3
DGS: embee
Quote:
Which engines were you trying to use? I'll admit I only tested this feature on Linux, not Windows. Does normal play against the engine work for you?
You can create a debug log by passing '-D logfilename" as an argument to the program. That might not include the necessary information, however. Maybe your engine can also create a log file? I'm pretty sure KataGo does.

Engine: 2019-04-04 Leela Zero 0.17 + AutoGTP v18.
Adding noponder to the arguments fixed my "stop play" problem! (-g --noponder -w 232.gz).

I had three computer vs computer games played. Two times the app q5go quitted during play without any message (have to restart q5go).
The third time it finished the game without crashing. Maybe it is my PC I will try again later.
Batch computer analysis works fine.

Post #45 Posted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:52 pm 
Dies in gote

Katago v1.2 (Cuda version) works fine with batch computer analysis.
With CvC (Katago vs Katago) I tested three games:
Two games gets finished and can be saved.
One game q5Go quitted during play without any message.

Post #46 Posted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:26 am 
Lives with ko

mb76 wrote:
Katago v1.2 (Cuda version) works fine with batch computer analysis.
With CvC (Katago vs Katago) I tested three games:
Two games gets finished and can be saved.
One game q5Go quitted during play without any message.

Well, I just tested it with the Windows versions of q5go/KataGo (OpenCL), and it played five 19x19 games against itself without issue.
I'd need to see logs from some of the involved programs to say if there's an issue with the software or whether it looks like the hardware you're using isn't up to it. Maybe try GnuGo selfplay, since it uses few resources, or KataGo vs GnuGo if that works?

Post #47 Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:11 am 
Beginner

Liked others: 17
Was liked: 14
OGS: brose
Request:
Add the ability to save analysis information in a file. Namely, the suggested variations and winrate/score estimation info. It is really nice to be able to queue games for analysis, but you have to keep the computer on and the program open to not lose the analysis information, making this feature not super useful. It could be stored in a large file, I dont plan on keeping them forever, just as insurance in case the program closes.

Post #48 Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:25 pm 
Lives with ko

MagRes wrote:
Request:
Add the ability to save analysis information in a file. Namely, the suggested variations and winrate/score estimation info. It is really nice to be able to queue games for analysis, but you have to keep the computer on and the program open to not lose the analysis information, making this feature not super useful. It could be stored in a large file, I dont plan on keeping them forever, just as insurance in case the program closes.

I'm not sure I understand the problem. Analysis information is already included when you save the SGF file.
Is this just meant as insurance against accidentally turning off the computer while the analysis is running? Sounds like autosave for SGF files is the feature you want, and that's probably something worth considering.

Post #49 Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:19 am 
Lives with ko

If anyone who is able to build from source is feeling adventurous and wants to help test things, I've just pushed a number of changes to github. The program now supports undo/redo when editing, and that required a few internal changes that I'm slightly nervous about. Everything still seems to work for me, but additional testing would be nice to have. There are also a few other minor improvements, like a post-game chat mode for games on IGS.

Post #50 Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:28 am 
Gosei

Liked others: 202
Was liked: 203
I can not find, somewhere there is a description or an example, how to run KataGo on a rectangular board?

Post #51 Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:03 pm 
Lives with ko

And wrote:
I can not find, somewhere there is a description or an example, how to run KataGo on a rectangular board?

It's not in the binary release yet, only in the development sources. There, the engine play dialogs have a square/rectangular setting, where rectangular unlocks the input field for the second dimension.

This post by bernds was liked by: And

Post #52 Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:25 am 
Dies in gote

The analyse function of online-go.com shows the "Top (three) game changing moves". Can this feature be added to q5Go? Maybe the "Top Three" can be added in the comment of the first move in the analysed sgf.

Post #53 Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:01 am 
Lives with ko

mb76 wrote:
The analyse function of online-go.com shows the "Top (three) game changing moves". Can this feature be added to q5Go? Maybe the "Top Three" can be added in the comment of the first move in the analysed sgf.

Sounds doable. I'm never quite sure though how best to choose these moves. Biggest swing in win rate, or only if it changes who is ahead.
I've never missed this feature because I just look at the win rate graph and it's pretty obvious where to look.

Post #54 Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:13 pm 
Dies in gote

I want to experiment with the "avoid" option of Leelaz.exe.
See this link for more information: https://github.com/leela-zero/leela-zero/pull/1949

But when I for example add the "lz-genmove_analyze 100 avoid b q16,q4,d16,d4 1 avoid w k10 2" to the arguments it quits with a error.
I want to use this feature for the batch analysis function.

How can I add this argument to Katago.exe or leelaz.exe?
Thanks in advance.

Post #55 Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:31 pm 
Lives with ko

mb76 wrote:
See this link for more information: https://github.com/leela-zero/leela-zero/pull/1949

But when I for example add the "lz-genmove_analyze 100 avoid b q16,q4,d16,d4 1 avoid w k10 2" to the arguments it quits with a error.

This is not an argument you can give to the executable. Programs like q5go or Lizzie talk to the engine by giving them commands like lz-analyze. There would have to be GUI support to allow the user to mark moves they want excluded.

Are you interested in using this for analysis, or for games against the engine?

Post #56 Posted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:34 pm 
Lives in gote

Liked others: 207
Was liked: 264
GD Posts: 200
Sorry to come late to the party: I've only just realised that q5Go is different from qGo! On paper, this looks fantastic! Currently trying to compile on Ubuntu (it looks like upgrading my Qt version is a major undertaking), will let you know how I get on.

Post #57 Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:18 pm 
Dies in gote

bernds wrote:
mb76 wrote:

This is not an argument you can give to the executable. Programs like q5go or Lizzie talk to the engine by giving them commands like lz-analyze. There would have to be GUI support to allow the user to mark moves they want excluded.

Are you interested in using this for analysis, or for games against the engine?

For analysis. I would like to exclude the 3-3 point from variants.

Post #58 Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:57 pm 
Lives in gote

xela wrote:
Sorry to come late to the party: I've only just realised that q5Go is different from qGo! On paper, this looks fantastic! Currently trying to compile on Ubuntu (it looks like upgrading my Qt version is a major undertaking), will let you know how I get on.

Got it. Thanks. The diagram export options are very cool!

Post #59 Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:06 pm 
Lives with ko

xela wrote:
xela wrote:

Got it.

I saw your post. I pushed out some updates today to make it work with older versions of Qt5, at the expense of a header in the game tree view. Didn't realize that Qt 5.9 was quite so widespread.

Post #60 Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:22 am 
Lives in gote

bernds wrote:
I saw your post. I pushed out some updates today to make it work with older versions of Qt5, at the expense of a header in the game tree view. Didn't realize that Qt 5.9 was quite so widespread.

Thanks! Yes, there are a few things where I'm surprised that the Ubuntu repositories are a year or more out of date. I guess most of the package maintainers are volunteers with busy lives :-)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next