It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:20 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 520 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: New android app "BadukAI"
Post #201 Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:44 pm 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 13
Was liked: 151
And wrote:
As far as I understand, it is now impossible to connect to the KaTrain through gtp. Would it be easier to assess the accuracy of a kyu-rank by playing a match of tens? hundreds? games. maybe this option will appear?

You should ask about this in the katrain forum. They must have scripts ready for this, since they run the kyu-rank bots on OGS.

This post by akigo was liked by: And

Post #202 Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:14 pm 
Lives in sente

Liked others: 114
Was liked: 916
akigo wrote:
@And

the kyu-rank bot is not KataGo. It only uses the policy output from KataGo's neural network to value moves. This network is independent of the ruleset. Therefore it can (and does) only exclude moves that are illegal with all rulesets (that is single-stone suicide). But multi-stone suicide moves have a normal (very low) policy value and are therefore sometimes chosen by the kyu-rank bot (but only if there is nothing better to do within the moves he considers, so this should not be a problem).

By the way, if you are playing under known rules where a move is illegal, you can manually remove those moves that are illegal and renormalize the remainder of the probabilities to sum to 1.

This is what KataGo itself does when playing under any ruleset to handle the network putting policy mass on moves that would be illegal in that ruleset (such as superko retakes, or suicide moves). So that even if the neural net suggests the illegal move with a slight chance, the move will absolutely never get searched/played.

Post #203 Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 10:27 am 
Gosei

Liked others: 202
Was liked: 203
KaTrain 4d - CS Zero 4d 2:0 (B+, W+)
KG BadukAI 4d(-3) - CS Zero 4d 1:1 (W+, W+)

KG BadukAI 5d(-4) - CS Zero 5d 1:1 (B+, B+)

15b network, here too https://lifein19x19.com/viewtopic.php?p=261143#p261143

KaTrain 4d - CS Zero 4d:

Attachments:
KaTrain & CS Zero.sgf [869 Bytes]
Downloaded 618 times

This post by And was liked by: go4thewin

Post #204 Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:27 pm 
Lives with ko

Liked others: 200
Was liked: 30
@And thanks for games against CS Zero, really very interesting and strong! I think regarding the suicide moves it is better not to fix it. Could the reason be that Chinese rules are not being sent to the net for some reason? So the net is not assigning a policy value of -1 to the suicide moves as it would on a desktop gui. In leela zero i think this would make the bot a liitle weaker because i think lz randomizes moves by likelihood of play, so if move x has 70% of the playouts, it has a 70% chance of being the move played if in "random“ mode. If suicide moves are included, that 70% chance of the top move played would go down just a little bit. i dont know how the katrain/kyu rank bots randomly pick which of the top moves to play. i wonder if allowing the user to select the ruleset from among the config file presets would fix it, though it would not if the kyu_rank bots are not using the policy output :)

Im really curious if kyu_rank ± 2 is always stronger than katrain‘s corresponding bot. Like -5 vs -3 , 10 vs 12 , etc. I wish I had time to test that out. If so I think it would be mission accomplished.

Post #205 Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:31 am 
Gosei

KG BadukAI 6d(-5) - CS Zero 6d 0:2 (B+, W+)
(15b network)

KG BadukAI 6d(-5) - CS Zero 6d 2:0 (B+, W+)
KG BadukAI 7d(-6) - CS Zero 7d 0:2 (B+, W+)
KG BadukAI 8d(-7) - CS Zero 8d 0:2 (B+, W+)
(20b network)

Post #206 Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 2:09 pm 
Lives with ko

@And

thank you very much for conducting all these games.

The results of the high dan bots are according to expectation: Due to its construction the kyu-rank bot can never get better than the policy strength of the network used, and this is around 5d for 15b and 6d for 20b. To get a better opponent you have to run full KataGo with low number of playouts.

The results of the low dan bots suggest that the kyu-rank bot fares better against computer opponents than against humans. After all the 2d-katrain bot (which equals kyu-rank bot with -1) is only 1k on OGS. Elsewhere an explanation for this effect was suggested which I find quite plausible: Humans are much better than computers in adapting to their opponent's style of play. So once they detect that the kyu-rank bot doesn't read at all, they can exploit this by making wild fighting games.

@go4thewin
I understand your point regarding suicide moves, but I have no choice, I must fix that because:
When the kyu-rank bot makes a move, the move is sent to KataGo in order to update KataGo's internal board state so that KataGo can be asked for policy values on subsequent moves. But if that move is multi-suicide, then KataGo won't accept it (as it is playing chinese rules). So KataGo's internal board state would diverge from the game played and everything would go astray. I have to prevent that.

This post by akigo was liked by 2 people: And, go4thewin

Post #207 Posted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:49 pm 
Lives with ko

@akigo
Thanks! i just started using the 40b ddk kyu bots and really enjoy them. i think maybe they never make suicide moves? That might be a temporary fix. The only thing some may not like is they are very strong in the endgame, but I really enjoy it. For beginner level ddk (like 22-25) they get you out of your comfort zone because they dont usually play any joseki. Its like playing a go player who's playing stones wherever they feel like.
@And
I wonder if the 40b -6 kyu bot can compete with crazystone zero 7 dan? i think i tried the 40b -8 in an older version against crazystone pro 5d and lost.

Post #208 Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:00 am 
Gosei

KG BadukAI 9d(-8) - CS Zero 9d 0:2 (B+, W+)
KG BadukAI 8d(-7) - CS Zero 7d 0:2 (B+, W+)
(20b network)

KG BadukAI 20b 9d(-8) - CS Zero 7d
after move 225, CS Zero score for black was close to zero until ... move 325!
but there is more to this game too! in response to White's last move - "pass" instead of "passing" and winning, Black makes a suicidal move F2 and loses !!! :shock:
so BadukAI need suicidal moves? especially like that?

Attachments:
BadukAI - CS Zero.sgf [2.47 KiB]
Downloaded 535 times

Post #209 Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:22 am 
Lives with ko

i dont get it though. at 325, it looks like black is trying to make a second eye in a last ditch effort to save the group, which is reasonable. white prevents that. then the f2 move is because there are no good moves left and the game is over. i dont get how it affects the score.

Post #210 Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:32 am 
Gosei

go4thewin wrote:
i dont get it though. at 325, it looks like black is trying to make a second eye in a last ditch effort to save the group, which is reasonable. white prevents that. then the f2 move is because there are no good moves left and the game is over. i dont get how it affects the score.

348 W H2

Post #211 Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:36 am 
Lives with ko

oh i get it, so without the suicide move it would have been seki. wow what an interesting game. youre right

Post #212 Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:43 am 
Gosei

I also liked the ending of the game. and besides, it was unexpected! :D

Post #213 Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 2:36 pm 
Lives with ko

what do you think about the 6b net kyu rank 7 and up. I was thinking maybe 7 could be used as 25k and -8 is 11k? then the 6b 1 playout would be 10k. kyu rank 7 with the 6b net seems to play well.
6b kyurank 7 vs weakest golaxy bot (“10k“ ant): 1-0

the 6b kyurank 7 plays more human like than the 20b kyurank 15

Attachments:
6bkyurank7VSgolaxy10k.sgf [781 Bytes]
Downloaded 519 times

Post #214 Posted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:04 pm 
Lives with ko

I made a new version (0.15) with the following changes:

prevent manual input of illegal moves
kyu-rank bot does not commit multi-stone suicide anymore
keyboard shortcuts removed (due to unwanted side effects when entering sgf name)

This post by akigo was liked by: go4thewin

Post #215 Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:23 pm 
Lives with ko

I am very sorry, version 0.15 included a bug which made it play very strangely. Please upgrade to 0.16 which should fix that.

This post by akigo was liked by 2 people: And, go4thewin

Post #216 Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:13 pm 
Gosei

second game KG BadukAI 20b 9d(-8) - CS Zero 7d 0:1

KG BadukAI 40b 7d(-6) - CS Zero 7d 2:0
KG BadukAI 40b 8d(-7) - CS Zero 8d 0:2

Post #217 Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:18 am 
Lives with ko

@akigo
sorry for posting the github issue, thanks for the clarification.
Is this file the same code that your kyu-bot uses? (rank_utils.py) https://github.com/sanderland/katrain-b ... k_utils.py

it says import math, time. What are those two variables? Also, the average without the best and worst 20% is interesting to me. not sure how that effects the move played.
edit: nevermind, guess everything comes from ai.py. it seems to use the policy output though?
Do you have to add or remove any lines to ai.py to get it to work in android, or is self contained? Thanks!

@And
wow the 40b policy > crazystone 7 dan!

Post #218 Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:41 am 
Gosei

Has anyone considered an option for kyu levels using g65 6 block nets? https://d3dndmfyhecmj0.cloudfront.net/g ... index.html
for example g65 6 block d4.5M (# 20) 1p - CS Zero 5kyu, CS Zero won. but g65 networks probably won't work with BadukAI, the network file is not bin. possibly can be converted

Attachments:
katago - cs zero.sgf [2.15 KiB]
Downloaded 518 times

Post #219 Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:03 am 
Gosei

KataGo v1.7.0 https://github.com/lightvector/KataGo/releases
forum still not working properly? not all pages open for me

Post #220 Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:07 am 
Lives with ko

i think the newer versions of katago can read txt.gz also. maybe if baduk ai file manager displays all files, we can select it and use it for kyu rank? but maybe not, just a guess. i really enjoy your crazystone games!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 520 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 26  Next