It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:32 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Current Open Source Project: All-In-One Go Stop
Post #1 Posted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:44 pm 
Site Admin

Liked others: 18
Was liked: 121
Universal go server handle: Jordus
The All-in-one Go Stop was presented by a member of this forum. While integrating this dea into the forum, as originally proposed is great idea, Phase one of this project is to get the "Communities" (mentioned below) Available with teh new posts on the homepage.

This was our member's original submittal:

Quote:
    "One idea that I had was to use a single user id in the forum and be able to subscribe and participate in multiple
    "communities." Communities would be like forums except that you would have to subscribe to them to see them in
    "New Posts" and there would be separate admins which could control the members subscribed to that community.
    Some communities could be open and some may require that you apply to be a member and have met certain
    requirements. That way each national Go association could have their own community in their native language and
    could if they wanted to, require membership in their association.

I would like to suggest an idea. Would you be interested in creating a mash-up of go forums using this communities
    idea? One community would be GD and other groups that cannot get their own communities on GD could have
    communities hosted by you. You could attach the GD user id to the Lifein19x19 user id and when a user hits "New
    Posts" on Lifein19x19 they get a mash-up of all the go communities that they have subscribed to through one click. I
    would love to be able to get other sites as well like Sensei's recent changes page. It might be possible to integrate a
    turn based site like DragonGoServer for play and it's community forums.

[... ]The community mash-up idea would add value as the one stop place to get to all (eventually) of the go sites."

I loved the concept and decided to try it out. Currently, my list of sites to try to add were GoDiscussions and Sensei's Library.

Please let us know if you have and suggestions or ideas.

Post subject: Re: Current Open Source Project: All-In-One Go Stop
Post #2 Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:05 am 
Site Admin

Liked others: 18
Was liked: 121
Universal go server handle: Jordus
I am proud to announce the launch of the first step of the All-In-One Go Stop project. More to come soon!