It is currently Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Go course for beginners, written by Mateusz Surma 2p
Post #1 Posted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:45 am 
Beginner

Liked others: 0
Was liked: 4
Hello,
My name is Mateusz Surma. I've written this book some time ago, but I haven't shared any info about it on lifein19x19 yet.
Title of the course is "Shapes of mind". There are three parts: 9x9, 13x13, 19x19.

By the end of part 1, you will know when a group is alive, when not, basic life & death problems, counting points, connecting groups, snapbacks, ladders, good and bad shapes.
In part 2, you will solve various kinds of problems which involve catching your opponent’s stones. You will also get to know about yose, fuseki, seki and eye shapes.
In part 3, you will see various kinds of openings, basic joseki, pinpointing the groups’ weaknesses, good extensions and when to start to play yose.

After reading this book, in my opinion, the reader should know all the basics and can easily play on 19x19 board.

The continuation is a series of 8 life & death books called "You won't get dumber while thinking".

All 9 books ("Shapes of mind" and "You won't get dumber while thinking") are available in English, Polish, Spanish, Russian and Ukrainian.

You can read more information and check samples of each book in each language, after clicking the cover of the English version of the book on my shop: https://polgote.com/en/shop